My business is growing at a deacent clip for a change.

Well, the recession has been going on since August of 2007. Just in the normal course of economic growth recessions usually end unless the government deliberately prolongs them from either stupidity or malice.

I personally feel that Obama was drawing it out from reasons of malice, but since the Republican sweep of the house and the hamstringing of the Democrats in the senate, deliberate democrat stupid has been prevented since January of last year, so a recovery should be expected.

Of course, since there is no unity in Washington, that means neither side can peddle their snake oil and the economy can recover on its own, thank you very much

Obama is still a drag on our country in my opinion.

:)

Good... you're one of the few. Now you better start salting money away for when the time comes due to start paying down our unsustainable national debt and the draconian cuts that will be required to do so.

We haven't seen the bad times yet... they're still on the way.

Good... you're one of the few. Now you better start salting money away for when the time comes due to start paying down our unsustainable national debt and the draconian cuts that will be required to do so.

We haven't seen the bad times yet... they're still on the way.

I agree. That's all that can really be said. The liqidation of bad debt never happened we actually have a lot more of bad debt soooo... When it hits *again* it will be more painfull and longer, it's just fact.

• Banned

Nobody seems to have the courtesy to ask you what kind of business it is, Grampa. I'd be curious to know. I started a niche business myself and I sell to the 1%. That was no accident, believe me.

I do bathroom remodels. Some kitchens and we tear out fireplaces and rebuild them with Egyptian stone. Most of our clients are fairly wealthy but there are exceptions.

I think its booming now more because houses still aren't selling like they should and people are electing to stay put and just upgrade.

Not doing better. Lost job, then house. Now working at lower paying job and renting tiny house. Work hard, but still can't keep up with higher prices. Utilities, groceries and gas rising constantly so if I don't find a better paying job soon, it's not going to be good because I can't keep up. My neighbors on welfare and really low paying job are probably way better off than those relying solely on their own paychecks. They have help with all expenses. I'll be damned if I'll give in and call the gubmint for help. I like pulling my weight, not sitting there and expecting others to carry me.

• Banned
Not doing better. Lost job, then house. Now working at lower paying job and renting tiny house. Work hard, but still can't keep up with higher prices. Utilities, groceries and gas rising constantly so if I don't find a better paying job soon, it's not going to be good because I can't keep up. My neighbors on welfare and really low paying job are probably way better off than those relying solely on their own paychecks. They have help with all expenses. I'll be damned if I'll give in and call the gubmint for help. I like pulling my weight, not sitting there and expecting others to carry me.

I'm sorry for you. I hope things turn around for you soon but if it gets worse don't be ashamed to get assistance. Look at it as if its just a loan to help you out of a terrible situation. There is no shame in having to start over with a bit of help. I presume you've paid your taxes so ask if the need is there. You can always pay it back. I did. My wife got aid for our daughter when I was in prison as a young man. It took several years but I paid it all back minus the medical aid.

Chin up :)

Well, the recession has been going on since August of 2007. Just in the normal course of economic growth recessions usually end unless the government deliberately prolongs them from either stupidity or malice.

I personally feel that Obama was drawing it out from reasons of malice, but since the Republican sweep of the house and the hamstringing of the Democrats in the senate, deliberate democrat stupid has been prevented since January of last year, so a recovery should be expected.

Of course, since there is no unity in Washington, that means neither side can peddle their snake oil and the economy can recover on its own, thank you very much

Malice? You're an IDIOT. No wonder the Reps look so foolish this year. Look what passes for political thought!!! :cuckoo:

And btw Gramps your biz is doing better but you prolly have a lot of friends that lost theirs...

Indeed. I even had customers last year that canceled because they were unexpectedly laid off. I have no doubt times are still tough for many. I'm lucky I guess. I just wanted to show Chris that all good things don't translate to Obama support or praise.

You can do both. Take help when you need it and pull your weight when you can. Remember, like Medicare, you've been paying for it, so it isn't welfare, it's insurance.

Nobody seems to have the courtesy to ask you what kind of business it is, Grampa. I'd be curious to know. I started a niche business myself and I sell to the 1%. That was no accident, believe me.

I do bathroom remodels. Some kitchens and we tear out fireplaces and rebuild them with Egyptian stone. Most of our clients are fairly wealthy but there are exceptions.

I think its booming now more because houses still aren't selling like they should and people are electing to stay put and just upgrade.

That is not at all surprising.
People are remodeling instead of selling/buying a different home.

base on your post, how could you then vote for a party that endorsed a guy who said this:

Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

base on your post, how could you then vote for a party that endorsed a guy who said this:

She offers a heartfelt personaly painful story and you immediately go partisan?

Fuck off

A true liberal....more concerned with someone's voting intentions than their well being. Jerk

Last edited:

Fuck off

A true liberal....more concerned with someone's voting intentions than their well being. Jerk
i asked a valid question, i didnt attack her or insult her. i asked a question.

her well being is linked to who is in control of government. if she votes for a party that is all about personal responsibility and agrees with Herman Cain's statement, then how can she be angry? shes not willing to accept government assistance, but at the same time she blames the government for providing assistance.

and wow, i cant ask a political question on a political forum? whos the intolerant asshole now?

Cool beans. Yep, many can't sell their houses because of underwater mortgages. But they can upgrade and update their homes for future sale. It's really hard to sell a house with outdated baths and kitchens.

I lived in Utah for many years and learned well from the Mormons: In tough times there are three things that will still sell: Alcohol, guns and baby stuff. I opted for the baby market. Regardless of the economy, women's biological clocks are ticking and babies are born every day of the year. It's not seasonal. Best decision I've ever made.

Fuck off

i asked a valid question, i didnt attack her or insult her. i asked a question.

her well being is linked to who is in control of government. if she votes for a party that is all about personal responsibility and agrees with Herman Cain's statement, then how can she be angry? shes not willing to accept government assistance, but at the same time she blames the government for providing assistance.

and wow, i cant ask a political question on a political forum? whos the intolerant asshole now?

You didn't ask a question. You made a thinly veiled partisan attack. Which is your prerogative but I still think its a jerk move in relation to her post.

Its not possible for your business to grow.

Right wing theory states that since Obama is passing like, thousands of new regularions, you wouldn't be making more money or expanding. Right wing theory is always correct and does not need to be verified empircally. Since, in this case, the real world conflicts with the theory, its obvioulsy the real world that is wrong.

Your business is NOT picking up.

THOUSANDS of new regulations make it not possible. In fact, the potential of getting your taxes raised will cause you to sell your business and get on welfare in a very short amount of time.

Forum List

Back