Oh snap! Obama disses Rutherford B. Hayes!

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
That's right. Said that Rutherford picked up the telephone and said something like, "That's nice, but who's going to use it?". Obama said that's why he's not on Mount Rushmore.

I am sure FOX is going to be in a tizzy over this.

And Biden? That man threw down some smack on the GOP.

Said they were the party of the priviledged that wanted:

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

:D

You fail at sarcasm.

Which is a good thing as it really is not a pretty, intelligent or useful form of debate.

Ruthie would kick barrys skinny ass. Ruthie was a bad ass, wounded five times in one battle.

like pretty much everything he says, i'm having difficulty giving a fuck about it.

Oh come on eggman. It's Hayes.

No one messes with Rutherford! And that's Rutherford with a "B".

i don't care if it's chester a. arthur, i really don't give a fuck.

it's obama and therefore, meaningless.

Roger that.

Hence the posts. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XcDeRJ_Osc]Tippecanoe and Tyler Too - YouTube[/ame]

Ruthie would kick barrys skinny ass. Ruthie was a bad ass, wounded five times in one battle.

Now..that's the spirit!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dA3DePirsE]Blade Runner (8/10) Movie CLIP - Deckard vs. Batty (1982) HD - YouTube[/ame]

That's right. Said that Rutherford picked up the telephone and said something like, "That's nice, but who's going to use it?". Obama said that's why he's not on Mount Rushmore.

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

odd. for being in such a tizzy, they don't seem to have mentioned it on their website. Could you, perhaps, be full of shit? Quite likely.

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

odd. for being in such a tizzy, they don't seem to have mentioned it on their website. Could you, perhaps, be full of shit? Quite likely.
Tilden got more votes : )

Oh Snap!

Debunked....:lmao:

RutherfordGate: Historian Responds to President Obama

We thought it was a bit unsporting of Obama to attack President Hayes, who is quite unable to respond. So we called up the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in Fremont, Ohio, where Nan Card, the curator of manuscripts, was plenty willing to correct Obama's ignorance of White House history. Just as soon as she finished chuckling.

"I've heard that before, and no one ever knows where it came from," Card said of Hayes's alleged phone remark, "but people just keep repeating it and repeating it, so it's out there."

Wait, so Hayes didn't even say the quote that Obama is mocking him for? "No, no," Card confirmed.

In fact, Card noted, Hayes was not only the first president to have a telephone in the White House, but he was also the first to use the typewriter, and he had Thomas Edison come to the White House to demonstrate the phonograph. "So I think he was pretty much cutting edge," Card insisted, "maybe just the opposite of what President Obama had to say there."

Snopes is your friend.

It might have been Grant, who was extremely taciturn and didn't like bores. The idea of paying for a divice where bores could bother you would have struck him as beyond idiotic.

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

OH SNAP ????? is that an attempt from your guilt ridden whites punk ass to be hip ??? or are you a little bitch ass gangsta wanna be ???:badgrin:

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

OH SNAP ????? is that an attempt from your guilt ridden whites punk ass to be hip ??? or are you a little bitch ass gangsta wanna be ???:badgrin:
Whether Hayes said this or not, nothing he did qualifies for Rushmore. Buchanan is "polled" by historians as WORST or second worse, most of those from 1841-1861 are at the bottom with Bush II. (But I DISAGREE with historians putting WASHINGTON over Jefferson, lots to debate there.)

Okay, what is with the issue on this?

If President Obama made that comment it surely wasn't a diss of President Hayes. IT WAS A FRIGGING JOKE ALREADY and if it wasn't so old, it might have been funny.

I have to admit that I didn't think our current President had it in him to deliver a punch line even it it was as old as he is.

Immie

Okay, what is with the issue on this?

If President Obama made that comment it surely wasn't a diss of President Hayes. IT WAS A FRIGGING JOKE ALREADY and if it wasn't so old, it might have been funny.

I have to admit that I didn't think our current President had it in him to deliver a punch line even it it was as old as he is.

Immie
It is an issue because Obama said it. PS: TILDEN GOT MORE VOTES TOO! ; )

Doesn't Obama have anything better to do? Like work on his golf game or contemplate how he is going to spend Maher's money?

Doesn't Obama have anything better to do? Like work on his golf game or contemplate how he is going to spend Maher's money?

When did he get Maher's money?

And is "golf" something new to Presidents? Does the current President play more golf then the last President?

Forum List

Back