Oh No!!! Not Another One

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Exclusive: Jeremy Lin says faith in God triggered 'Lin-sanity'

Appears god has changed sports. Oh well....it is the sport de jour

Kinda fascinates me that with nearly a billion humans, mostly children suffering from mal nutrition and starving to death that god uses his miracles to promote sports in the U S.

P.T. Barnum said "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute!"

And what, exactly, are you doing for all the starving children?

I've been retired for 18 years so not much though we do send something to UNICEF as we are able.

The point is why the phuck would god perform miracles for millionaire athletes and not do something for those innocent starving children. The real point is that there is no invisible man in the sky and only the brainwashed and those who are ready for the funny farm believe there is.

I've been retired for 18 years so not much though we do send something to UNICEF as we are able.

The point is why the phuck would god perform miracles for millionaire athletes and not do something for those innocent starving children. The real point is that there is no invisible man in the sky and only the brainwashed and those who are ready for the funny farm believe there is.

So, basically, you're doing jack shit. Thought so. There is a saying "judge not, lest ye be judged". Try that.

how much money does the catholic church get from the US to help people?

A vast amount. And it goes towards helping 8 million of America's poorest citizens. What do you do for them?

LOL...the Catholic church has been hoarding and storing fine art, jewels, gold, etc. for 1700 years. If they would just sell all their "worldly treasures" and set up a trust the hungry in this world could be fed indefinitely. Don't hold your breath.

And the point is that there should be no suffering in the world and world peace?

We have a world in which a human beings make choices, some good, some bad. Some have no choice because of natural calamities such as droughts and earthquakes; others have choices that effect others such as women who have children and cannot care for them and then there are the politicians. There are also the unforeseen economic events. But it comes back to one thing, GOD.

Was it GOD's intent to make a perfect world?

In the beginning there was perfection ... or was there? The downfall for us all was the failure to obey the law, the law given to Adam and Eve. If God made perfection there would have been no law breaking because we would not have been susceptible to the serpent. Therefore life becomes a trial ... a test to see who is faithful and worthy of entering a perfect world, Heaven. The suffering we endure here in this cruel world helps to define us, to test our faith, and to make us better people.

Last edited:

A vast amount. And it goes towards helping 8 million of America's poorest citizens. What do you do for them?

LOL...the Catholic church has been hoarding and storing fine art, jewels, gold, etc. for 1700 years. If they would just sell all their "worldly treasures" and set up a trust the hungry in this world could be fed indefinitely. Don't hold your breath.

Showing your utter ignorance again, huh?

The Church does not own those treasures. It has taken up the very vital role of 'keeper of the history of mankind'. It collects priceless (not just in a monetary value) works that would have otherwise disappeared into private collections, or been destroyed. It pays for the restoration, storage and safekeeping of millions of pieces from around the world. It lends those pieces - fee of charge - to museums around the world... so that the world has access to it's history.

It has, for centuries, been the 'keeper of the history of mankind'. It meets all the costs itself, it asks nothing from anyone for doing it.

So, in short, you are suggesting that it sell what it does not own, and that which should be protected, and maintained, for future generations.... why? Because you have deemed it to be so.

On the day that you do anywhere close to what the Church does for the world's poor and most vulnerable, then maybe you'll have a point. Until then, mind your own fucking business. You greedy, selfish, twit.

And the point is that there should be no suffering in the world and world peace?

We have a world in which a human beings make choices, some good, some bad. Some have no choice because of natural calamities such as droughts and earthquakes; others have choices that effect others such as women who have children and cannot care for them and then there are the politicians. There are also the unforeseen economic events. But it comes back to one thing, GOD.

In the beginning there was perfection ... or was there? The downfall for us all was the failure to obey the law, the law given to Adam and Eve. If God made perfection there would have been no law breaking because we would not have been susceptible to the serpent. Therefore life becomes a trial ... a test to see who is faithful and worthy of entering a perfect world, Heaven. The suffering we endure here in this cruel world helps to define us, to test our faith, and to make us better people.

I know that's bullshit. George Bush said god told him to invade Iraq. Anybody should have been able to see the the outcome of that fiasco.

We invaded Iraq and now the country is sliding into the Islamic sphere of influence. The Islamists, once the dictatorships have been vanquished, have the inside track to the people. Once the whole area is under Islamic control the final battle, Armageddon, will begin. That is GOD's plan isn't it?

And you've been hoarding your wealth to pass on to your progeny upon your death. If you would just sell your worldly treasures, you could at least criticize others without being a hypocrite.

Who says God did so?

The devil???

Who says God did so?

The devil???

The point is that if there was a god I doubt he would screw around with millionaires playing sports while a billion starve to death or suffer from malnutrition. I've never seen any evidence of some invisible man in the sky....'course I'm just 77.

You've been sitting on your butt producing nothing for 18 years? no wonder you are cranky.

Oh and it's really sad that people expressing their faith threatens you so much.

You've been sitting on your butt producing nothing for 18 years? no wonder you are cranky.

Oh and it's really sad that people expressing their faith threatens you so much.

I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people at the Robertsville Baptist church in Oak Ridge, TN on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to Clinton and Oliver Springs and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher, William Summers, called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They get everything tax free. I was going to a church of god in Oak Ridge when we moved down here. When the preacher there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the Roane County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church in Kingston and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be sent up.

That load of malarky has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school in McKenzie and Milan, TN we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really should read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version:

Last edited:

So why didnt he make a perfect world where his children could live happily for eternity?

Either he's an idiot or...non-existant :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people at the Robertsville Baptist church in Oak Ridge, TN on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to Clinton and Oliver Springs and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher, William Summers, called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They get everything tax free. I was going to a church of god in Oak Ridge when we moved down here. When the preacher there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the Roane County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church in Kingston and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be sent up.

That load of malarky has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school in McKenzie and Milan, TN we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really should read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version:

Completely irrelevant to what I said. But not surprising.

By the way, you can keep changing between goat herders and sheep herders. But it doesnt change the fact that the keys of the Kingdom were turned over to Fishermen. Men of good character and who were humble before God.

You are more ignorant than they are. And you dont realize it because you have technology and thousands of years of human development you inherited. You realize that because we were blessed with the knowledge of our forebears, including those "ignorant sheep hearders"

Forum List

Back