Oh No! Air America Goes Dark 6PM Tonight

Here I thought Air America ceased operations around 1975 or so. They were a radio station too? Well figure that.

Talk radio is a medium that works best when the hosts are challenged by callers that disagree with them. Conservative hosts take the liberal arguments that callers proffer and defeat them with logic and with facts. By contrast, liberal hosts cannot really defend their positions logically, because most of their positions are emotion based appeals with very little logic involved (for the record; not all liberal ideas are bad, just most of them). That is why liberal talk show hosts tend to insult their callers intelligence. They call anyone that disagrees with them "stupid". Listeners don't like that, so they stop tuning in. Rating go down. Advertisers leave.

That is why Air America failed.

If you seriously think people like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity use things like logic and facts to defeat callers with ease, you're naive. :lol:

It's best known for a long time that Liberals get their news from the television and Conservatives get it from the radio. Fox News has changed that aspect quite a bit in recent years but radio is still popular.

It has nothing to do with arguments, it has to do with entertaining your callers and having a fanbase in the first place. Rush has it, Sean has it, etc and the other Conservative radio hosts usually have it because they have television shows or write articles already. They already have a following in place.

To be quite honest, both television and radio for news gathering will become almost completely irrelevant in ten years due to the internet. Newspapers have already been slaughtered by the Internet Star.
Have you ever listened to Air America? :rofl: It is all about the content Dog. The content that liberals care about is almost entirely emotion based. Take healthcare for instance , most liberals want a complete takeover of 1/6th of the US economy. Why? because they don't think it is right that a tiny percentage of people who get sick are forced to choose between protecting their health or their money.

I think Dude hit the nail on the head too. The ideologues at Air America had no idea how to run a real business - they only knew how to sell widgets in a classroom.

Last edited:
Just proves that the Left will not buy into what the Right laps up like honey water.

Just what was the listenership of Air America by conservatives again? The Air America failure shows that liberals need the wallets of others to get their crap out to the public.

Have you ever listened to Air America?.

No, and I don't plan to. I don't listen to Air America or any Liberal radio station. I don't watch MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or Fox News. I don't get my news from the MSM.

If you will take a look at some of my recent threads I created (such as the bail one), they are threads you will never see on television or on the radio.

good. they were an insulting bunch that never offered anything of value. zander is right, if they disagreed with you, they labeled you stupid. i occasionally tuned to them on trips and every single time they were making stupid school yard taunts to anyone they didn't agree with....they even had an episode where they were laughing about gwb getting shot and laughed harder that he might actually die from it....

tasteless hate mongering

Have you ever listened to Air America?.

No, and I don't plan to. I don't listen to Air America or any Liberal radio station. I don't watch MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or Fox News. I don't get my news from the MSM.

If you will take a look at some of my recent threads I created (such as the bail one), they are threads you will never see on television or on the radio.

I agree with you about the Internet. I don't get any "news" from TV and very little from radio. I can access news anytime I want it by the internet and i get it essentially commercial free. It is faster and easier than any other medium.

But, I do drive around a lot for work, so sometimes I'll listen to the radio for news or talk radio. (not often though - it is far too negative for me to be honest) I think there will always be a market for talk radio programs with good content. It is interactive- people call in - and as long as we have people that drive, we'll have people who will listen.

I think there will always be a market for talk radio programs with good content. It is interactive- people call in - and as long as we have people that drive, we'll have people who will listen.
I like Jason Lewis and Dennis Miller....Both rather bright and entertaining guys who aren't anywhere near as insulting to intelligence as the top national jabber jaws.

I think there will always be a market for talk radio programs with good content. It is interactive- people call in - and as long as we have people that drive, we'll have people who will listen.
I like Jason Lewis and Dennis Miller....Both rather bright and entertaining guys who aren't anywhere near as insulting to intelligence as the top national jabber jaws.

I love Dennis Miller.

Have you heard Dennis Prager? He is really very good, never bombastic.

Air America to Cease Broadcasting Immediately - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

Air America, the progressive talk radio network, said Thursday that it would cease broadcasting immediately, bowing to what it called a “very difficult economic environment.”

“It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding down of the business,” the chairman of Air America Media, Charlie Kireker, said in a memorandum.

His statement was published on AirAmerica.com.

More at link.

I heard it on Fox News as well but I can't find an online link.

Either way, I kind of saw this coming after Randi Rhodes, Al Franken and Mike Malloy left. They were the closest thing to an "axis of talent" there. All the other commentators were absolutely unlistenable.

May the dittohead gloating commence. After Brown though, I suspect many of them already blew any load they had on that.

Air America to Cease Broadcasting Immediately - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

Air America, the progressive talk radio network, said Thursday that it would cease broadcasting immediately, bowing to what it called a “very difficult economic environment.”

“It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding down of the business,” the chairman of Air America Media, Charlie Kireker, said in a memorandum.

His statement was published on AirAmerica.com.

More at link.

I heard it on Fox News as well but I can't find an online link.

Either way, I kind of saw this coming after Randi Rhodes, Al Franken and Mike Malloy left. They were the closest thing to an "axis of talent" there. All the other commentators were absolutely unlistenable.

May the dittohead gloating commence. After Brown though, I suspect many of them already blew any load they had on that.

Air America never crosses my mind.

Why gloat??

I can't speak to this really. I only listened to Randi once. She sounded so out of it that I never bothered again.

I heard this took a huge bite out of George Soros' pocket, so it is all good.

Forum List

Back