Oh Donald, Paul Ryan needs some help on Making a Deal

The left isn't entitled to a share of my overtime and annual bonus. They come up with all sorts of schemes to try and take a share, but none have the stones to come right out and admit they think they are entitled to MY money.

LMAO. You tell them dude.
Now how you gonna stop that tax withholding from your paycheck?
And don't just quit your job. Then what would you live on? I know. Welfare.

ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.
Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

When Social Security was established, life expectancy was 60.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.
A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.

By all means tell us what job millions of 70 year olds can perform while earning enough to live on without having to eat cat food.

Why Raising the Minimum Retirement Age is a LOUSY idea

Raising retirement ages is not a good policy and support for it is based on two wrong assumptions: one, that people can and should work longer and, that two, society cannot afford to pay for retirement because pensions and health care spending for the elderly take too many resources away from younger people. [...]

Another reason to oppose raising the retirement age -- it's not fair to workers in physically demanding jobs, such as janitors, plumbers, construction workers, carpenters, cashiers and cooks. In the U.S., that encompasses one in three employees over age 58, or roughly 9 million Americans. Mounting economic insecurity in recent years adds to the burden of later retirement for blue-collar workers, who tend to pay into Social Security for a longer period of time because they start working earlier. Ghilarducci says:
Though many Americans, especially professional workers, can control when they stop working, most workers leave their job before they plan to because of layoffs and health problems. Though a greater share of older Americans are working longer or looking for work than in the last 30 years, the evidence suggests that older workers are increasing their labor force participation because pensions as a source of safe and secure retirement income is eroding not because employers have made jobs more attractive, better paid, and easier to do.

ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.
Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.
A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.

By all means tell us what job millions of 70 year olds can perform while earning enough to live on without having to eat cat food.

Raising retirement ages is not a good policy and support for it is based on two wrong assumptions: one, that people can and should work longer and, that two, society cannot afford to pay for retirement because pensions and health care spending for the elderly take too many resources away from younger people. [...]

Another reason to oppose raising the retirement age -- it's not fair to workers in physically demanding jobs, such as janitors, plumbers, construction workers, carpenters, cashiers and cooks. In the U.S., that encompasses one in three employees over age 58, or roughly 9 million Americans. Mounting economic insecurity in recent years adds to the burden of later retirement for blue-collar workers, who tend to pay into Social Security for a longer period of time because they start working earlier. Ghilarducci says:
Though many Americans, especially professional workers, can control when they stop working, most workers leave their job before they plan to because of layoffs and health problems. Though a greater share of older Americans are working longer or looking for work than in the last 30 years, the evidence suggests that older workers are increasing their labor force participation because pensions as a source of safe and secure retirement income is eroding not because employers have made jobs more attractive, better paid, and easier to do.

The Feds won't let you collect medicare until you're 65. You can retire at 62. Apparently the Feds think you're healthy enough to work until you're 65.
But like I said. All money goes into the general fund where it ends up in the rich counties surrounding DC.

Yes it does.

I'm sure when the retirement age was set at 65, the same whining about how unfair it was to blue collar workers was heard. Especially since life expectancy was 60.

The 70 year old of today is in far better condition than the 60 year old of yesterday. Nor are the jobs of janitors, carpenters, etc, anywhere near as strenuous.

The left isn't entitled to a share of my overtime and annual bonus. They come up with all sorts of schemes to try and take a share, but none have the stones to come right out and admit they think they are entitled to MY money.

LMAO. You tell them dude.
Now how you gonna stop that tax withholding from your paycheck?
And don't just quit your job. Then what would you live on? I know. Welfare.

I bitch slap the fool left. First I earn money faster than the fools can raise taxes I learned that trick 20 years ago. :eusa_dance: I live in a modest home to keep my property taxes low in a low property tax county, outside the city limits. :eusa_dance: And I live in a state with no state income tax so the money grubbing left can't get their mitts on it. :eusa_dance: I got the libs by the balls.

Yes it does.

SS disability applications will skyrocket. Besides there's no reason to raise the retirement age, Reagan had us pay more into SS so this wouldn't happen. Oh wait...they lying corrupt bastards in congress stole that money and spent it and now have no way of paying it back.

Hey maybe this will make you feel better. Compared to you I guess you would say I am a liberal. And I dont need or want your money. Keep it all.
Hell take it with you when you die.

Join the low wage forty seven % and get all your taxes PLUS coming back to you.

You got alternatives to keeping it all.

Forum List

Back