Oh Donald, Paul Ryan needs some help on Making a Deal

The budget could be balanced in the blink of an eye just by banning tax expenditures once and for all.

Not only would the budget be balanced, we would be able to lower EVERYONE's tax rates immediately.
Yes, that's the point. But for 16 years, we've not had anyone who can get a deal. The question for the Trump supporters is how can Trump to the art of the deal when not all of the participants actually want a deal that the other participants are willing to accept. He says "I'm the guy who can get them all in one room." Well, they didn't go into a room when W was potus, and they've been in a room with Obama, and the result was Obama got reelected, and they fired Boehner.
No one really wants to balance the budget. They each want to save their sacred cow that brings in the re-election campaign dollars, and they point their fingers at the other sacred cows.

Congressmen, to a man, are the most dishonest people on Earth.

The budget could be balanced in the blink of an eye just by banning tax expenditures once and for all.

Not only would the budget be balanced, we would be able to lower EVERYONE's tax rates immediately.
Yes, that's the point. But for 16 years, we've not had anyone who can get a deal. The question for the Trump supporters is how can Trump to the art of the deal when not all of the participants actually want a deal that the other participants are willing to accept. He says "I'm the guy who can get them all in one room." Well, they didn't go into a room when W was potus, and they've been in a room with Obama, and the result was Obama got reelected, and they fired Boehner.
No one really wants to balance the budget. They each want to save their sacred cow that brings in the re-election campaign dollars, and they point their fingers at the other sacred cows.

Imo, Boehner and Ryan both want(ed) to do the right thing. Obama? If he got Obamacare and a balanced budget, they'd carve his bust in a mountain somewhere ... probably not in Kenya. He'd do most anything for that.

Kasich and Slick wanted a deal, but they're not trending. I honestly think Hillary wants a deal, but how much she'll give up, is the question. And a bigger question is whether she can force a compromise that all can agree upon.

Sanders doesn't even think about it.

Trump? All Big Quack or is there something there? I don't think Cruz really wants a deal that entails compromise, but more importantly the other players so distrust and dislike him, for good reason btw, he shouldn't be viewed as a credible candidate. Rubio and Ryan actually had a plan .... before Rubio folded quicker than a 20 year old Brooks Bros shirt w/o starch.

Imo, my child's future looks bleak.

with the Freedom Caucus and Mitch McConnell and the dogcat McCain/Graham.

Paul Ryan Hosts Budget Meeting With House Freedom Caucus. It Didn't Go Well.

Show em how it's done! Esp when a wing of the gop doesn't WANT a deal. LOL

The problem with the Federal Budget is that there are 10K baby boomers entering Social Security/Medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 12 to 14 years. Adding an additional 84 trillion in Un-funded liabilities.

Why doesn't the FREEDOM CAUCUS members come up with their own FY 2014 budget and introduce that to congress--instead of just saying NO all of time.

PAUL RYAN is brilliant with numbers--just stomping your feet and saying NO all the time is not getting anything done.

tea_party_teenager.jpg

I am so sick of the Reich wing aka Tea Party I could puke.

Last edited:
ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.
Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

When Social Security was established, life expectancy was 60.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.
A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.

By all means tell us what job millions of 70 year olds can perform while earning enough to live on without having to eat cat food.

ya know, they could increase the age of retirement for SS payments as a way to help. But the only problem with that is the government would just gobble up that money and spend it something frivolous.

Can you imagine a 70 year old man or woman working on an assembly line in a factory? I don't know what the fuck these DC idiots are thinking when proposing raising the retirement age are they that out of touch with reality? Just because people are living longer doesn't mean they can stand on their feet for an 8 hour shift working.
Yes it does.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors. It's plain common sense we should be working longer. And asking for five years is not asking much, compared to the extra two decades of Social Security we are paying out.

The 70 year old of today is in far better health than the 60 year old assembly worker of 1935.
A person probably can't work on a mftring line past 55 or so, but that doesn't mean they can't do any work. And, mftring line jobs are hardly the norm now anyway.

By all means tell us what job millions of 70 year olds can perform while earning enough to live on without having to eat cat food.
The same job they have when they are 65.

We are living DECADES longer. We should be working longer.

I'm not the personal piggy bank for lazy fat lard asses to mooch off.

Hey at least you are in the upper income range and will be fine.

Just think if you were one of those many who made 40k all their lives and have to depend on people (like you) making lots more money to not begrudge them a 700 dollar (or whatever) a month social security check.
Your help will be appreciated by the poorer people I am sure

Yes it does.

That's typical of the idiocy I expect from the left.

5.4% of the population was over 65 when Social Security was established.

9% of the population was over 65 when the Medicare entitlement was added in 1965.

Today, nearly 14 percent of the population is over 65.

A bigger and bigger percentage of the population is living off a smaller and smaller part of the population. This is an unsustainable trend, goons!

We need to immediately raise the retirement age to 70, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

Yes it does.

That's hilarious. You think it's a Left concept that we should work more and live off the government less.

You are really confused and twisted up inside, son.

Yes it does.

I thought the discussion was about raising the age TO 70.

But, generally, guys leaving mftring at 55 gravitate to service industry. In my neighborhood pool care, laundry pick up and delivery, parts delivery... or cash register at the convenience store. Yeah the pay sucks.

Perhaps YOU, by all means, can say where the revenue comes from to maintain the status quo?

Ban tax expenditures, raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70.

BOOM! You just got handed at least one trillion dollar surpluses as far as the eye can see.

You can pay down the debt, AND lower EVERYONE's tax rates. With extra bonus sauce that we have a system where people earning identical incomes pay identical taxes! Whaaaaat?!?

Yes it does.

That's hilarious. You think it's a Left concept that we should work more and live off the government less.

I dunno. I think we forget history.
Figures 2 and 3 are interesting, imo

In Post-Recession Era, Young Adults Drive Continuing Rise in Multi-Generational Living

Tax expenditures are a Congressional re-election guarantee, see. It's a $1.2 trillion annual government gift program. It achieves a 98 percent re-election in the House, 90 percent re-election in the Senate.

American Politboro. And, boy oh boy, do they throw up a lot of smoke and toss out a SHIT TON of red herrings to keep the rubes from ever THINKING about or NOTICING this.

I agree. Until we have Congressmen with the same goal, it won't make much difference what is said and done. That goal should be what is good for America, not their pockets. Both parties have to change or the electorate has to make better choices of their candidates. Instead of going R, look at the choice on the other side of the aisle and vice versa. We are in a sad state. All of us should be independents so we can take a look at all of our choices instead of just one party..

I agree. Until we have Congressmen with the same goal, it won't make much difference what is said and done. That goal should be what is good for America, not their pockets. Both parties have to change or the electorate has to make better choices of their candidates. Instead of going R, look at the choice on the other side of the aisle and vice versa. We are in a sad state. All of us should be independents so we can take a look at all of our choices instead of just one party..
I think that's what really POs me about the tea party. I mean I could rant about the black caucus or something, but I'm used to liberal obstruction. I am doubtful ending all tax expenditures is possible. We could end the largest one, which is tax deducations for biz providing health care insurance, but we'd need to cover those folks otherwise. Tax sheltering retirement? And reduction in savings may be a bad idea. Home mortgage deduction is wasteful, but we'd have to offer reductions in taxes to offset it. But depreciating equip and cap gains cuts for homes? Those are giveaways. And you wanna save medicare ... lift the cap on taxes.

I'm not the personal piggy bank for lazy fat lard asses to mooch off.

Hey at least you are in the upper income range and will be fine.

Just think if you were one of those many who made 40k all their lives and have to depend on people (like you) making lots more money to not begrudge them a 700 dollar (or whatever) a month social security check.
Your help will be appreciated by the poorer people I am sure

I'm not responsible for them, their kids, or their life decisions. I have zero obligation to work overtime and gift MY money to them. If they want to bitch about it they can go talk to the federal, state, and local government which takes what little money they make via taxes and fees on virtually everything.

Yes it does.

I don't think I have had a single conversation with you where you didn't go full on troll within just a few posts. I'm going to park you on ignore, later.

hem, their kids, or their life decisions. I have zero obligation to work overtime and gift MY money to them.

Not a problem big guy. Just get the law changed where your employer does not have to withhold FICA on you.

Or quit working. That'd show them.

hem, their kids, or their life decisions. I have zero obligation to work overtime and gift MY money to them.

Not a problem big guy. Just get the law changed where your employer does not have to withhold FICA on you.

Or quit working. That'd show them.

The left isn't entitled to a share of my overtime and annual bonus. They come up with all sorts of schemes to try and take a share, but none have the stones to come right out and admit they think they are entitled to MY money.

Forum List

Back