Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

Vote: Mertex

Because I was right about her last game. :lol:

I went back and finished reading. Mertex is reacting pretty strongly to a RVS vote. I think I will leave my vote right there for a while.

Everybody that is Town is going to react pretty strongly when someone accuses them of being scum. You have no other reason other than that I was Scum last time, something a Mafia would use as an excuse when they have no other excuse. Perhaps you just gave yourself away.

Vote:Shaitra

CaféAuLait;9474183 said:
Masons get a QT. That's how I knew TN was scum, in the prior game.

TN is getting wagoned too fast for my liking but he's also townreading me to quick too.

Bleh, will read tomorrow when sober.

For now... I leave you to eavesdrop on the house and observe drama.

Scarlet,

I am assuming scum get a QT as well. Why did you know he was scum as opposed to a mason given the contents of the PM did not state which?

I have no clue if he is scum or not, if Wake gave out new roles, one would assume he would not be scum again. But I do not know this.

Let's see here. Masons have a QT. TN was not a mason in the last roll, asking for a QT... not a big leap in this setup to know he was scum in the last roll.

CaféAuLait;9474183 said:

TN is getting wagoned too fast for my liking but he's also townreading me to quick too.

Scarlet,

I am assuming scum get a QT as well. Why did you know he was scum as opposed to a mason given the contents of the PM did not state which?

I have no clue if he is scum or not, if Wake gave out new roles, one would assume he would not be scum again. But I do not know this.

Let's see here. Masons have a QT. TN was not a mason in the last roll, asking for a QT... not a big leap in this setup to know he was scum in the last roll.

Yes, I addressed my mistake when I asked you this a few posts later.

I have explained my confusion. I will again though.

It was the four of us getting the PM, then I got a new role PM, but did not get any explanation for the new role. I assumed it was because of the TN PM. I did not know the game had been reset. Then, I saw a post which suggested others did not get a new role, I was mistaken, I thought only a few had gotten new roles. I would have never known you were a mason. I thought there had been a explanatory PM or post which I missed, this is why I was confused and asked you, but then figured out your mason role after reading further.

Page 1 reads:

Titus town
RosieS misguided town

Nobody else has really posted yet.

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9472764 said:
Well, met me rephrase that, unless Mason's get a QT as well. Either way he outed his role one way or the other- by accident.

According to the setup, Masons get a Mason QT and Mafia get a Scum QT. I replied asking for a link to the scum QT and it somehow went to non-scum players.

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9472759 said:
TN did what?!?

Why do I always miss the good stuff? :(

TN was scum for this game. Then Wake had to reassign roles since TN asked about the scum QT and the PM went to several people, if not everyone.

You did not get those PMs Grandma?

I didn't get that one either. I was wondering what happened earlier. How do we know for sure that TN still isn't scum? Maybe this was a ploy to make us think he wouldn't get the same role again.

VOTE: TN

3/3 scum was enough of a stretch. 4/4 is even more so.

~~~~

Did you miss the note that said it was a page one read?

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9472759 said:
TN was scum for this game. Then Wake had to reassign roles since TN asked about the scum QT and the PM went to several people, if not everyone.

You did not get those PMs Grandma?

I didn't get that one either. I was wondering what happened earlier. How do we know for sure that TN still isn't scum? Maybe this was a ploy to make us think he wouldn't get the same role again.

Me neither, I didn't get any PMs....so I'm changing my vote. I was just pulling your chain anyway, Rosie....:D

Vote:TN

Do you really think Wake would keep playing me as scum? That wouldn't make any sense.

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9474183 said:

Scarlet,

Pre-reroll, Scarlet was a Mason.

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9474204 said:

Me neither, I didn't get any PMs....so I'm changing my vote. I was just pulling your chain anyway, Rosie....:D

Vote:TN

I ASSUMED everyone would get a new role in the game given the mistake by TN. So, I am confused here. This tells me maybe only those who saw the PMs got new role PM.... I did. And the initial PM was sent by TN was to 4 players and Wake. TNs message may have made his past role scum, ( SR seems to state this as well) and Grandma seems to state she was scum before the PM role change since she said she 'had scummy stuff planned" before she got a new role PM.

With this in mind, it makes me feel as if at least two or maybe all three of those included in the PM to me were Scum and these are the only roles which were changed. Those who got the PM from TN, along with me, were:

Recipients: CaféAuLait , FA_Q2 , Grandma , ScarletRage , Wake | Reply To All

I'm confused if everyone did not get a new PM.

I was a scum, and as stated above Scarlet was Mason. Masons by default know who all other masons are.

I can almost guarantee that the roles were re-generated, but only the players who's roles changed should have received a new role pm. (3 scum, 3 mason, lots of VT) leaves a lot of room for some people to have the same role twice.

~~~~

CaféAuLait;9474426 said:
With that said, if everyone claims they did not get a new role PM, then I will start to target those 3 as scum. TN, FA and Grandma, then SR possibly.

Sorry Grandma. :(

Vote: Grandma

That is literally the worst thing you can do IMO.

~~~~

Vote Count: 1.1

tn5421 (4): Grandma♀, AyeCantSeeYou♀, Mertex♀, R.D.♀
Manifold (2): tn5421♂, RosieS♀
Grandma (2): Avatar4321♂, CafeAuLait♀
FA_Q2 (2): Manifold♂, MeBelle60♀
Mertex (1): Shaitra♀
R.D. (1): FA_Q2♂

Not Voting (0):

~ With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 7/26/14, @ 3pm central.

~~~~

The TN wagon developed far too fast for the reasoning given.

It is barely passable reasons even for RVS.

~~~~

The TN wagon developed far too fast for the reasoning given.

TN has been so lucky (or should I say unlucky) to be chosen for scum so far in the games, which is why I've voted for him. He doesn't post a whole lot in the games either, which really doesn't help either side. If a better candidate comes along, or it he gets close to being lynched, I'll take my vote off if we aren't near the deadline.

I don't sit around playing mafia all day every day. I do other stuff too, you know.

~~~~

I find the likelihood that TN is scum again after a reassignment as very improbable.

I won't consider a vote for him unless there is better reasoning given.

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

~~~~

That's an idiotic reason to think that because I was scum in the last game I'm scum again.

That's not very Townie of you.

And yet it's precisely the same reason you and several others killed me first round. It's also the same reason many are giving for voting for tn

Yes, but I learned from that mistake, and I didn't repeat it with my next game. This isn't Shiatra's first or second game.

I'm voting for tn because of the snafu that occurred. Also, he doesn't post much and we're not going to let him get away with it this time. If he is not Scum, then he needs to get in here and do some splaining....:D

I have a life outside of mafia.

~~~~
Which makes me wonder why Avatar is defending TN like this. Are they scum? I've heard many in Game 1 and 2 say that the first vote is always a guess. Well, in the games I've played so far, I didn't have a list of townies to go with my role pm.

Because I'm tired of people voting on things irrelevant to the game we are currently playing and lynching townies instead of scum

At this stage you're pretending you know what's relevant is what got you lynched before, because it sound anti town. How about TN defend TN?

He is aware of my tendency to only log in every once in a while D:

~~~~

Don't y'all hate on me now.

I find it funny that everyone is like "TN needs to get here to defend himself" but don't really offer anything to defend against.

I do understand what TN is saying though. Yes, there are several votes for him so far, but other than he accidentally replied to all on a pm which was corrected with the reset, what evidence is there that supports the votes?

I went back and finished reading. Mertex is reacting pretty strongly to a RVS vote. I think I will leave my vote right there for a while.

Everybody that is Town is going to react pretty strongly when someone accuses them of being scum. You have no other reason other than that I was Scum last time, something a Mafia would use as an excuse when they have no other excuse. Perhaps you just gave yourself away.

Here's a big OMGUS vote. Personally, I don't react to RVS votes because that's all they are, random. It's a way to get the game started which you should know since this isn't your first game either. Before you switched your vote to me, you voted for TN because he made a mistake. Sounds pretty scummy to me.

I do understand what TN is saying though. Yes, there are several votes for him so far, but other than he accidentally replied to all on a pm which was corrected with the reset, what evidence is there that supports the votes?

None, this is RVS so there really isn't much to go on other than voting for people and seeing what their reactions are.

None, this is RVS so there really isn't much to go on other than voting for people and seeing what their reactions are.

Which is exactly what I was trying to get across. :)

I find it funny that everyone is like "TN needs to get here to defend himself" but don't really offer anything to defend against.

Of course not, it's RVS. But you've got to admit you seem to have scum tattooed to your forehead :D

The suggestion was more that instead of Avi pointing out the obvious, you can address your accusers yourself.

Using past games to suggest past games shouldn't be used is overthinking lawyerly doublethink at its best. Not very town like, but because of previous games we know it's his style, and nothing can be gleened from it.

Here's a big OMGUS vote. Personally, I don't react to RVS votes because that's all they are, random. It's a way to get the game started which you should know since this isn't your first game either. Before you switched your vote to me, you voted for TN because he made a mistake. Sounds pretty scummy to me.

And here you are reacting...OMGUS!

How do town masons and vanilla townies work together?

Any role claims at this point only helps scum, since they definitely want to target masons for NKs.

So without implying or revealing one's townie role, how do we work together? Three games in and I still don't feel like I have a clue about how town is supposed to work as a team.

Any role claims at this point only helps scum, since they definitely want to target masons for NKs.

So without implying or revealing one's townie role, how do we work together? Three games in and I still don't feel like I have a clue about how town is supposed to work as a team.

That's just it - there's no real way of knowing who you can trust in this game. Even those that have told their roles in prior games weren't believed by many. Any way you look at it, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

TN, can you be my mason? RD, be my mason too. As long as you stop implying lawyers are scum, we'll be good to go.

TN, can you be my mason? RD, be my mason too. As long as you stop implying lawyers are scum, we'll be good to go.

You promoting me?

:lol: I wasn't implying that at all. Avi is smarter than I am any day if the week, I was explaining he can't be read.

Sure he can, R.D . When Avatar starts getting all bossy and his posts become tangential to the actual discussion, rest assured he drew the Scum straw.

Regards from Rosie

Promotion. We don't need a promotion. We jyst need to town it up.

Enough theory.

Who do you think is scum on the wagon on TN?

Make day 1 reads. Lynch based on them. Analyze the result. Attempt to persuade based on reads.

Repeat.

Forum List

Back