Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #4

CaféAuLait;9479181 said:
I jumped on that right away using the same reasoning-buddying Grandma, just to see if it would go anywhere. When it didn't, I moved on.

Yet that is what she was doing whether she was intending to or not and it is a recognized scum tactic. The lack of inquiry in your Day 2 posts was your big tell. Something to consider in the future if you are scum. If nothing else, pretend to be confused, unsure, whatever after the mislynch or nightkill. That is usually a hard read to break through in my experience, and usually effective for scum to get through a day's play as town usually won't lynch someone early who just isn't sure--at least at other places. Here, who the hell knows. People want you to roleclaim just so they can declare you a lying scum and lynch you anyway. Just don't play the confused/unsure thing two days in a row.

My posting I was suspicious of you is not buddying, I did not even address Grandma personally. I saw a post Mertex put up and I thought she may be right and commented on her post. Buddying is being overtly nice to someone, or subtly nice to someone. Because you had some ridiculous reason to be suspicious because of Rosie's post ( which was wrong) and kept jumping on me for 11 days straight was silly IMO. You did not even give me a chance to try to play the game with accusation after accusation, in fact 11 days of accusations. I'm unsure if you decided I was town who was expendable and wanted to lynch me or not. I may not have had a great PR, but I had one which could have helped if I had been able to concentrate on the game and not your ranting.

Your posts in your QT were much more reasonable. I saw you post you somewhere, saying you can't post this way on the forum, but what you fail to realize your erratic play on the forum made it so, even if you were headed in the right direction, it would be hard for many to agree with you. You made claims such as you fought against Ropey being lynched when you did not, this again came off as scummy. It was your erratic play on the forum which had many question your helpfulness to the game. Your neighbors may have understood your reasoning as it sounded more sane in your QT, the forum however, you came off as someone not to look to for wisdom.

what you consider erratic doesn't concern me. I pointed out very early that town was wasting time on me and ropey and they could come back to us. I pointed out that ropey was likely town on more than 1 occasion. when ropey and wolf went up against each other I was was just done with Ropey. What you consider fighting and what I consider fighting for someone apparently are two different things.

I recall you saying that a few hours into the game. You even offered Ropey up as a safe town lynch. His role was a redirector. He was not a safe lynch at all. And this was stated before the drama really got rolling with Ropey and Wolfy.

Why it is you think people won't perceive this as scummy, offering up others for lynching, or do you think we should all assume hours into the game that you are correct in your assumptions?

Mafia is so complex that it literally has various schools of thought on gameplay.

CaféAuLait;9479264 said:
I recall you saying that a few hours into the game. You even offered Ropey up as a safe town lynch. His role was a redirector. He was not a safe lynch at all. And this was stated before the drama really got rolling with Ropey and Wolfy.

Why it is you think people won't perceive this as scummy, offering up others for lynching, or do you think we should all assume hours into the game that you are correct in your assumptions?

A redirector role in Ropey's hands made them the best town mislynch. despite what you and Grandma think, there is virtue in killing off VT's and in a game like this, it was pretty obvious that there would be a boatload of weak PR's. I even pointed that out early on--pretty much any townie who died was going to have some sort of power.

CaféAuLait;9479264 said:

A redirector role in Ropey's hands made them the best town mislynch. despite what you and Grandma think, there is virtue in killing off VT's and in a game like this, it was pretty obvious that there would be a boatload of weak PR's. I even pointed that out early on--pretty much any townie who died was going to have some sort of power.

And again, you made the claim he was a safe town lynch before the huge drama occurred. You did not know he was a redirector, I believe you assumed he was some VT when you made that statement. As far as stating he may not have known what to do with that PR is ridiculous IMO. We have no clue as to how the game would have continued without the drama. Before Ropey went, he was sure Wolfy was scum. Maybe he would have used that PR wisely. Who knows?

CaféAuLait;9479396 said:
CaféAuLait;9479264 said:

And again, you made the claim he was a safe town lynch before the huge drama occurred. You did not know he was a redirector, I believe you assumed he was some VT when you made that statement. As far as stating he may not have known what to do with that PR is ridiculous IMO. We have no clue as to how the game would have continued without the drama. Before Ropey went, he was sure Wolfy was scum. Maybe he would have used that PR wisely. Who knows?

He did suspect me of being scum which is why I went for the kill so to speak to get him lynched. He wouldn't leave me alone and had to go. Some of the chaos was me doing it. A town redirector could of been useful if he knew who the scum PR's are or if he had some way of redirecting the scum NK to known scum but that probably wouldn't of been useful until much later in the game. In the beginning he could of for example, redirected Luissa who was investigating me to someone else and gotten an innocent on me which would of hurt town.

CaféAuLait;9479396 said:

He did suspect me of being scum which is why I went for the kill so to speak to get him lynched. He wouldn't leave me alone and had to go. Some of the chaos was me doing it. A town redirector could of been useful if he knew who the scum PR's are or if he had some way of redirecting the scum NK to known scum but that probably wouldn't of been useful until much later in the game. In the beginning he could of for example, redirected Luissa who was investigating me to someone else and gotten an innocent on me which would of hurt town.

He may have messed it up, as sure as I could have messed it up. We are new. But at least we need to be able to learn the game to not make mistakes. We can't assume we need to kill someone because they won't do the correct thing with a PR. It seems a bit of a crazy thing to me. If this is the case, then the reasoning should be any newbie with a suspected PR should be killed since we might screw it up. Know what I mean??

CaféAuLait;9479541 said:
CaféAuLait;9479396 said:

He may have messed it up, as sure as I could have messed it up. We are new. But at least we need to be able to learn the game to not make mistakes. We can't assume we need to kill someone because they won't do the correct thing with a PR. It seems a bit of a crazy thing to me. If this is the case, then the reasoning should be any newbie with a suspected PR should be killed since we might screw it up. Know what I mean??

Oh I agree, all PR's are useful, there should be no reason for a townie to offer up another townie before knowing what they are and certainly not once they are found to have a PR. Once I found that out, I escalated to get him out ASAP. Not that it was that difficult because he was basically a PL anyway. One which, at the time Sameech helped with quite aggressively, and then later recognized my moves as a scum tactic.

CaféAuLait;9479541 said:

Oh I agree, all PR's are useful, there should be no reason for a townie to offer up another townie before knowing what they are and certainly not once they are found to have a PR. Once I found that out, I escalated to get him out ASAP. Not that it was that difficult because he was basically a PL anyway. One which, at the time Sameech helped with quite aggressively, and then later recognized my moves as a scum tactic.

Yeah. I agree it was a PL. But the way Sameech wrote it above, one would think he was offering up Ropey because of the drama, that was not the case, he offered up Ropey before all the drama and in fact reiterated his own "Vanillaness" , something which read as scummy. Sameech's last words a few posts before the lynch of Ropey was to once again state Ropey was scum as well as me. Then Sameech claimed he tried to save Ropey following the lynch and this came off as dishonest when reading back. This flip-flopping on his part is what I refer to as erratic play.

You done good! At first I was convinced it was Mani who was scum in your neighborhood, and not you. I did not figure it out, until a little before the kerfuffle :D which ended the game.

CaféAuLait;9479687 said:
CaféAuLait;9479541 said:

Yeah. I agree it was a PL. But the way Sameech wrote it above, one would think he was offering up Ropey because of the drama, that was not the case, he offered up Ropey before all the drama and in fact reiterated his own "Vanillaness" , something which read as scummy. Sameech's last words a few posts before the lynch of Ropey was to once again state Ropey was scum as well as me. Then Sameech claimed he tried to save Ropey following the lynch and this came off as dishonest when reading back. This flip-flopping on his part is what I refer to as erratic play.

You done good! At first I was convinced it was Mani who was scum in your neighborhood, and not you. I did not figure it out, until a little before the kerfuffle :D which ended the game.

Thanks, that neighborhood stuff was tough to deal with because I slipped and called Ropey an idiot so I had to cover that up somehow and I decided to verify mani's version of events and make Ropey look like a liar about neighborhood QT's and then, on top of him outing us right away, and then all the drama crap, he was gone. I think if I would of posted more townie posts and not gotten the investigation result which is not what set me off, that was fun BTW, I think it would of gone better. Still, we were doing o.k. until all that went down. Who knows how it would of turned out? Mertex probably would of made it to the end and maybe TN if he stepped it up but I already said in the QT that I didn't expect to and I didn't think ZZZX would either due to not even paying attention to the game which sucked for our team also.

Still, despite it all, it was fun.

I had a lot of fun playing scum and a lot of fun playing town. Not sure which role I like best yet. Probably would help if I could finish a game. :D

CaféAuLait;9479687 said:
CaféAuLait;9479541 said:

Then you need top reread the thread. I did not agree to vote on Ropey until after the drama. Your interpretation of events are lacking to say the least. You voted for me until you found out that I was in a neighborhood and then act like I somehow used an alleged lie to my advantage. Having someone voting for me is not exactly to my advantage.

Any ideas on who it/they is/are?

I have inklings, but nothing provable.

Shoot me a PM. I have some ideas too.

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - FAQ: General Forum Usage

Sameech - I meant suspects. I have an FoS list.

Maybe instead of bringing USMB into the game, maybe we should bring the game to USMB...

Sameech - I meant suspects. I have an FoS list.

Maybe instead of bringing USMB into the game, maybe we should bring the game to USMB...

I know what you meant, but I cannot edit those tags. Perhaps you can. When this came up in game 3, I looked at some of the tags here and some on other threads and concluded that many of them appeared to have been google analytics trying to create tags from pieces of posts just based on specific unique words or phrases that were used in the threads--like the tag about shooting your monitor appeared after we started discussing this and comes from a post Wake made. The Kit Kat Klub one also comes from a post. I could posit a theory about who is doing it, if it can be done, other than Wake, but so far, I have no basis to believe it could be done.

It looks like someone's still trolling with the search tags. :neutral:

Wow, WTF is that all about?

I don't really understand it. Some want to stamp out the games here, for this reason or that. It won't work, because our games will get better, we'll all get better at playing, and more people will join on in to play. :D:smiliehug:

I just never scroll that far down....and if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed...just like other foolish things...best thing is to just ignore it. Making note of it just encourages more of it. We already have an idea who is doing it.....and that type of behavior is no different than when they were here....:D

None of those terms are appropriate search terms. I deal with googlebots on my own site, they don't work this way. Someone's manipulating them.

CaféAuLait;9479687 said:

Then you need top reread the thread. I did not agree to vote on Ropey until after the drama. Your interpretation of events are lacking to say the least. You voted for me until you found out that I was in a neighborhood and then act like I somehow used an alleged lie to my advantage. Having someone voting for me is not exactly to my advantage.

I have inklings, but nothing provable.

Shoot me a PM. I have some ideas too.

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - FAQ: General Forum Usage

You said Ropey was "number 1" on your scum list 75 posts into the thread, before the drama started. Then you voted OMGUS on Scarlet Rage and continued to call Ropey scum. Then you said Ropey would be a good safe mis-lynch since he had no real PR and offered him up for lynching. All before the serious drama got started. Then you voted for him and lynched him after the drama started. In Twilight, before his lynch you still stated he was scum. In day two you said you fought to save Ropey and no one would listen to you.

I voted for you because at first I honestly thought you were scum, dividing town and accusing everybody and their brother of either being scum or lying and misstating facts to mislead. It took me a bit to realize you were town and this was your erratic style of play- it had nothing to do with you being in a neighborhood.

The search tags in game 2 were vicious. I am almost certain of who was doing it then because that person was trolling the game as a non-player. Now, I don't know if it is the same person or someone else.

The Ropey thing at the time, Sameech did vote for him after he started all his mean spirited remarks but before things escalated. He tried to get others to do so too. Later, he used it against me saying I was responsible for Ropey's lynch and knew what I was doing.

Forum List

Back