Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

Let me clarify, I don't mean Wake just gave the roles away to "chosen" VTs or Masons, I mean Wake chose a shorter list of people than everyone when using the randomizer to assign scum roles again.

CaféAuLait;9474289 said:
Not posting anything before my first post seems awfully scummy in general so
Vote: RD

As a side note: do you all get a list of garbage links at the end of every thread recently here on USMB? I have this crap infolinks adware and cant get rid of it. I am assuming it has something to do with the site and not my computer.

THAT is scummy – vote: USMessageboard

FA,

I had the same issue until I downloaded Adfender.

AdFender - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

All ads are gone and it blocks so much more.
Well, YOU are definitely not scum. Not possible with that fantastic advice – very town of you :D

Thank you very much – that solved my annoyance

CaféAuLait;9474505 said:
Let me clarify, I don't mean Wake just gave the roles away to "chosen" VTs or Masons, I mean Wake chose a shorter list of people than everyone when using the randomizer to assign scum roles again.

If that's the case then I think Wake needs to start the game over.

My understanding was that ALL roles were re-randomized.

Certainly, as I said before, no former VT would admit to being a Mason or Scum, that would be suicidal. So, either they're lying or the game's been compromised.

CaféAuLait;9474505 said:

Certainly, as I said before, no former VT would admit to being a Mason or Scum, that would be suicidal. So, either they're lying or the game's been compromised.

The only reason I said anything is because there are a few stating in this thread they did not get new roles. Not trying to be a pain in the ass here.

CaféAuLait;9474505 said:

Well, that is kind of an issue though because for Wake to affirm that all roles were randomized means that he would be affirming (through Lynch all liars general play) that both Aye and Mertex were Scum.

Because of that I don’t think that he can come in here and affirm all roles randomized. I don’t think that your theory is complete – particularly as you claim the same role has been assigned to you.

I know that SR and I were masons in the FIRST PM. That mean one of two things: TN, you and grandma (the other three recipients) were the scum team OR there were vanilla townies in that mix. If the latter is the case then we had vanilla townies ALSO in that mix and the number of scum that were randomized is unknown. That can mean that one of those or all three that were randomized could be scum. IOW, out of that group we have no real indication as to whether or not there is more than a single scum among them. We only know that one of them was scum because TN was verified by me and SR (not a mason and asking for a QT).

Now, I am almost positive that there were vanilla townies that were in that recipient list because my new roles is a vanilla townie – I had to take that from someone and so far the only people with new role PM’s were the ones that actually received the cross communication (if aye and mertex are to be believed). You claim you got the same role though so either you were scum and still are scum or you were VT and I took my VT role from Grandma (as you still have your VT role) and there is only one original scum in that list (TN).

I am not so sure I should believe you that you are town BUT you seem to be thinking like a townie (and you did give me that link after all :D ) so I am inclined to believe you at this point. It really falls as to whether or not Grandma is that scum or if TN retained his role as you retained yours….

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
This does seem like a lot of stipulation and strategizing over MOD information that should not have ever existed so it might be better to re-randomize the roles again (though I like the work that this is making me put into figuring out what is going on).

Well Grandma already stated she was scum before the new roles. I am VT. If the roles were randomized, the first people I'm voting for are the ones claiming they did not get new roles. There must have been a reason to claim such.

And if wake states it was randomized, he has no control over who might come here and claim otherwise. :eusa_whistle:

I see no reason to stop the game, they may have outed themselves! <razzie>

I would not make point this out if I were scum, esp the 2 in four chance I many have gotten a scum role, it would only make me terribly suspicious. lol

Ok. Since people are hellbent on claiming not mason, we might as well make it official. Right now all the vt claims only serve to let scum know who the masons are and NOT the town. We get three confirmed town that way.

^^^

Exactly.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] - the game's just started, it would probably be best to lock the thread and re-randomize everyone. Please send out the new role PMs to one player at a time:D :eusa_angel:

Wow, I misses all the fuss. The two games I finally got it right went *poof*

I didn't see the pm's but got a new pm with a new role.

Seems TN was still batting 1000 before the mistake, 3 for 3, and my new role is the same as the original one for this game. So my vote:TN again.

Guys the game started over. New role assignments were sent out. I did not see any qt thread request. The game started over.

It's absolutely silly to base votes off what happened before the reset. We need to learn to base decisions for votes on what happens in games and not something that happens outside games

I am not saying what I am other than to say I am not scum. There is no point to saying more than that and giving the scum a guide on who to kill.

Wake if you are bald from ripping all your hair out from moderating this board I completely understand

Hi, I'm here. I had told Wake that I would be V/LA this weekend for the other game. Back in a second in with my RSV vote.

CaféAuLait;9474505 said:

Well, that is kind of an issue though because for Wake to affirm that all roles were randomized means that he would be affirming (through Lynch all liars general play) that both Aye and Mertex were Scum.

Because of that I don’t think that he can come in here and affirm all roles randomized. I don’t think that your theory is complete – particularly as you claim the same role has been assigned to you.

I know that SR and I were masons in the FIRST PM. That mean one of two things: TN, you and grandma (the other three recipients) were the scum team OR there were vanilla townies in that mix. If the latter is the case then we had vanilla townies ALSO in that mix and the number of scum that were randomized is unknown. That can mean that one of those or all three that were randomized could be scum. IOW, out of that group we have no real indication as to whether or not there is more than a single scum among them. We only know that one of them was scum because TN was verified by me and SR (not a mason and asking for a QT).

Now, I am almost positive that there were vanilla townies that were in that recipient list because my new roles is a vanilla townie – I had to take that from someone and so far the only people with new role PM’s were the ones that actually received the cross communication (if aye and mertex are to be believed). You claim you got the same role though so either you were scum and still are scum or you were VT and I took my VT role from Grandma (as you still have your VT role) and there is only one original scum in that list (TN).

I am not so sure I should believe you that you are town BUT you seem to be thinking like a townie (and you did give me that link after all :D ) so I am inclined to believe you at this point. It really falls as to whether or not Grandma is that scum or if TN retained his role as you retained yours….

This does seem like a lot of stipulation and strategizing over MOD information that should not have ever existed so it might be better to re-randomize the roles again (though I like the work that this is making me put into figuring out what is going on).

[youtube]g4bftQ4xxFc[/youtube]

I have no reason to believe Wake didn't re-randomized all roles as he said he dit. Therefore...

There is no logical connections to be made between roles in this game and those in the false start.

All that this discussion amounts to is a steaming pile of dead-end wifom.

Vote: FA_Q2

What I actually said in reference to the PM some people got from TN:

CaféAuLait;9472759 said:
TN did what?!?

Why do I always miss the good stuff? :(

TN was scum for this game. Then Wake had to reassign roles since TN asked about the scum QT and the PM went to several people, if not everyone.

You did not get those PMs Grandma?

I didn't get that one either. I was wondering what happened earlier. How do we know for sure that TN still isn't scum? Maybe this was a ploy to make us think he wouldn't get the same role again.

VOTE: TN

No, I did not get any PM from TN. I did not know anything about that until signing back in and reading this thread.

Why is my name being thrown in here as saying I didn't receive a new role PM? I never said I didn't get one. The only thing I mentioned about this little hiccup was above, where I quoted and responded to a question about TN's PM which went to only a handful of people.

CaféAuLait;9474505 said:

Overanalyzing a mistake which was already taken care of seems very scummy.
What was, was; what is, is.

vote:FAQ2

Forum List

Back