Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

Exxon conducted cutting-edge climate research decades ago and then pivoted to work at the forefront of climate denial, manufacturing doubt about the scientific consensus that its own scientists had confirmed.

That was an estimate. Try it yourself. I would suggest a better graph. Something like this, perhaps.

View attachment 877322

Here it looks as if the rise at 240,000 years is steeper. Looks like 7.5C in ~4,000 years. That'd be 0.1875C/century. The rate since 1850 is only 2.33 times as fast and the rate since 1981 is only about 10 times as fast. I didn't measure this time span as carefully as I did above, but its not going to change the results significantly. The point is that current warming is taking place many times faster than during any of these interglacial warmups. That's simply undeniable. The IPCC checked this with the actual numbers but I assume you will simply say they were lying, so I didn't press you with them.
Doesn't look that way to me. It looks like about a gazillion warming trends that you have not properly analyzed nor documented.

D-O events destroy your argument. Which wasn't really an argument to begin with.
Which is why I have repeatedly asked you if you were attempting to claim that current warming was a D-O Event. Are you?

Which is why I have repeatedly asked you if you were attempting to claim that current warming was a D-O Event. Are you?
Same mechanism is at play. Heat transport from the Atlantic to the Arctic. Same as every other interglacial and glacial period. So, yes. It's a continuation of the exact same mechanism.

Same mechanism is at play. Heat transport from the Atlantic to the Arctic. Same as every other interglacial and glacial period. So, yes. It's a continuation of the exact same mechanism.
Is that a yes or a no? The normal glacial-interglacial cycle is not driven by D-O events. And as we have just demonstrated, current warming is many times faster than glacial cycle warming.

Is that a yes or a no? The normal glacial-interglacial cycle is not driven by D-O events. And as we have just demonstrated, current warming is many times faster than glacial cycle warming.
Still no evidence

Forum List

Back