Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

Is that a yes or a no? The normal glacial-interglacial cycle is not driven by D-O events. And as we have just demonstrated, current warming is many times faster than glacial cycle warming.
The glacial cycle is most certainly driven by disruption of heat from the Atlantic to the Arctic and restoration of heat from the Atlantic to the Arctic. And are long lived events. So that's a yes, the exact same heat transport that led to the end of the glacial period is still driving the interglacial period.

I saw this video last night:

I hate to say this, but the video demonstration is a fraud ... the huckster cleverly added water to impart that clockwise rotation ... see how he attempts to stop this with the machete blade? ... that should stay for days if not weeks to get all the water currents to settle out ... otherwise the rotation down the drain will be the same direction as the rotation in the basin ...

Note the camera is sitting stationary with the Earth's surface ... that's a profoundly non-inertial frame-of-reference ... and of course the obvious, there's no holes in the Earth's surface for a cyclone to spin up over ... so the whole basin demonstration bears no resemblance to what happens in the atmosphere ...

Now replace "slingshot" with the convective force driving the large-scale Atmospheric Circulation, and "package of cocaine" with air parcel ... the anemometer at the equator reads 0 mph, then the anemometer at 60º will read 500 mph ... but what we measure rarely goes over 200 mph ... this is due to the pressure gradient force slowing the air parcel down to try and match the local air ... which is moving slower ... what pilots call "drag" ...

Vector multiplication ... in the Northern Hemisphere, the north pointed convection force (cross-product) the west pointed pressure gradient force yields a counter-clockwise torque, the vector points outward ... in the Southern Hemisphere, the south pointed convection force (cross-product) the west pointed pressure gradient force yields a clockwise torque, the vector points inward ...

Yes ... our velocity is pointed east, but acceleration is pointed west ... slowing the winds as they approach the pole ... that's not intuitive and speaks to the very heart of the Newtonian Revolution ... the different between science and philosophy ...

The glacial cycle is most certainly driven by disruption of heat from the Atlantic to the Arctic and restoration of heat from the Atlantic to the Arctic. And are long lived events. So that's a yes, the exact same heat transport that led to the end of the glacial period is still driving the interglacial period.
The primary drivers of the glacial-interglacial cycle are the Milankovitch Cycles with positive feedback from CO2 and water vapor.

The primary drivers of the glacial-interglacial cycle are the Milankovitch Cycles with positive feedback from CO2 and water vapor.
No, that's might be the prevailing thoughts for some and they probably play a role but most likely not in the way people think it does. They can't produce enough temperature changes on their own to trigger glacial periods and are not really events. It's more gradual than the cause for triggering a glacial period. The ocean is where the heat is and it's the ocean which triggers glacial periods and ends glacial periods. All the evidence you need are in the D-O events.

Before Exxon, no one knew that CO2 was a greenhouse gas?

I hate to say this, but the video demonstration is a fraud ... the huckster cleverly added water to impart that clockwise rotation ... see how he attempts to stop this with the machete blade
Naw, I didn’t see anything different from any of the three options

No, that's might be the prevailing thoughts for some and they probably play a role but most likely not in the way people think it does. They can't produce enough temperature changes on their own to trigger glacial periods and are not really events. It's more gradual than the cause for triggering a glacial period. The ocean is where the heat is and it's the ocean which triggers glacial periods and ends glacial periods. All the evidence you need are in the D-O events.
Mainstream science says Milankovitch and no one but you says what you do. The factors you want to give credit couldn't do diddly squat unless you sped up plate tectonics a thousand fold.

I hate to say this, but the video demonstration is a fraud ... the huckster cleverly added water to impart that clockwise rotation ... see how he attempts to stop this with the machete blade? ... that should stay for days if not weeks to get all the water currents to settle out ... otherwise the rotation down the drain will be the same direction as the rotation in the basin ...

Note the camera is sitting stationary with the Earth's surface ... that's a profoundly non-inertial frame-of-reference ... and of course the obvious, there's no holes in the Earth's surface for a cyclone to spin up over ... so the whole basin demonstration bears no resemblance to what happens in the atmosphere ...
Incredible how much you get completely wrong at one go.

Mainstream science says Milankovitch and no one but you says what you do. The factors you want to give credit couldn't do diddly squat unless you sped up plate tectonics a thousand fold.
If you want to believe slight wobbles in the planet's orbit can result in 2C temperature swings and explain everything that has been occurring for the last 3 million years, go right ahead.

Because I know better. I know that a 2C temperature swing in the Arctic can occur by disrupting heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic because the ocean is where the vast majority of heat is stored and because I know it can explain the cyclical behavior of the past 3 million years.

So if orbital cycles are playing a role they are most likely affecting wind patterns which play a role in disrupting ocean circulation patterns. But you are too biased and too dense to even research this.

If you want to believe slight wobbles in the planet's orbit can result in 2C temperature swings and explain everything that has been occurring for the last 3 million years, go right ahead.
I am not going to apologize for accepting the conclusions of mainstream science.
Because I know better.
Oh, excellent.
I know that a 2C temperature swing in the Arctic can occur by disrupting heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic because the ocean is where the vast majority of heat is stored and because I know it can explain the cyclical behavior of the past 3 million years.
And what would cause such a disruption?
So if orbital cycles are playing a role they are most likely affecting wind patterns which play a role in disrupting ocean circulation patterns. But you are too biased and too dense to even research this.
You seem to be going for the cake both ways here. You say Milankovitch can't do it but when asked how it comes about, you invoke Milankovitch.

I am not going to apologize for accepting the conclusions of mainstream science.

Oh, excellent.

And what would cause such a disruption?

You seem to be going for the cake both ways here. You say Milankovitch can't do it but when asked how it comes about, you invoke Milankovitch.
Salinity and density changes due to temperature change coupled with changes to wind patterns brought about by solar variability - orbital or output.

The sun powers the wind by heating up parts of the earth more than others. Wind is the movement of air. The sun heats the air, and the warm air rises. This rising warm air makes the cooler air from the surrounding areas come in to replace it.

Orbital forcing involves the redistribution of incoming solar energy, both latitudinally and seasonally. Thus, there are differential effects on the climate system that can lead to circulation changes, and there may be different responses to the forcing in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Winds drive currents that are at or near the ocean's surface. Near coastal areas winds tend to drive currents on a localized scale and can result in phenomena like coastal upwelling. On a more global scale, in the open ocean, winds drive currents that circulate water for thousands of miles throughout the ocean basins.

A much better explanation of the Coriolis Effect than Reiny's guy gave, which he (the guy) even knows since he simply points to it in response to one commenter asking for clarification.
Note that water poured into a bowl near the equator is also not firmly connected to the ground and how significant the Effect clearly is only a few feet away on either side.

Salinity and density changes due to temperature change coupled with changes to wind patterns brought about by solar variability - orbital or output.
The biggest influence on ocean salinity (and thus density) in today's world is the addition of fresh meltwater. Changes in wind patterns can increase ice blown away from the poles and into warmer water but other than that (or its converse) its unlikely to have any effect on salinity. There have basically been no changes in solar output and thus no need to mention it and the changes from MIlankovitch effects are effective insolation vs latitude.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back