[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

@cereal_killer

On the old software, you could conduct a search based on threads started by the author. How do you do that in the search function now?
You should be able to click on Search and then click on the little down arrow to the right of More. Then click on your threads, however that doesn't seem to work for me.

OK, this is what I'm missing. What "Search" function? I see a "Search Forums" link and I don't see anything that says "More." Where is "More?"

This board is just like all the others now. Booo.

Bring back rep (change how the point system works if people are too whiny about getting negged) or at the least, bring back the 'like' and 'disagree' buttons but add the ability to send a personal comment along with it.
While searching for one of my earlier posts I saw this one. I have to agree. As much as I personally like the XenForo format, what makes USMB unique is/was the Wild West, few laws posting environment. That certainly attracted members. But it may have turned off advertisers. But without that edge, what makes the site stand out from all the other political forums? Time will tell.

There isn't any way to see who posted in a thread any longer?

This is the post I was looking for - is there any way to do this?

In vBulletin, you just clicked the # of posts for any given thread and it would give you a list of who posted, and how many posts per member.

Granny says now dat she got used to the new software...

... she can't remember the old software...

... when the chatbox gonna be back?

@cereal_killer

On the old software, you could conduct a search based on threads started by the author. How do you do that in the search function now?
You should be able to click on Search and then click on the little down arrow to the right of More. Then click on your threads, however it only seem to work about half the time.

OK, this is what I'm missing. What "Search" function? I see a "Search Forums" link and I don't see anything that says "More." Where is "More?"
Just to right of New Posts is the Search box. Click anywhere in the Search box and it will open up a larger box. At the bottom of this box, you should see the word More. Click on that and an advanced Search box should open giving you a lot of search options. However, it work about half the time for me. I don't know if it's a bug or what. One thing that's very useful is the little down arrow just to the right of the word More. Put your cursor on it and another box will open in which you can select My Posts and My Threads. Selecting My Posts is useful because it shows you all your posts starting with the most recent. I don't understand My Threads.

My problem is when something appears not to work, I don't know if it's a bug or that's just the way it works.

@cereal_killer

You should be able to click on Search and then click on the little down arrow to the right of More. Then click on your threads, however that doesn't seem to work for me.

You don't see the search box in the nav bar? Look to the top right its right next to the new posts link, you cant miss it. White box says search

I think there should be a WORK in PROGRESS SIGN on the USMB home page.
I use the search function constantly and have yet to run into any issues. It's very solid and very reliable.

It's a hell of a lot better than it was with the previous vb forum. I've got a good memory and I'm finding stuff that took me a lot longer to find previously.

I think there should be a WORK in PROGRESS SIGN on the USMB home page.
I use the search function constantly and have yet to run into any issues. It's very solid and very reliable.
I'm wonder whether my problem is Chrome.. Whenever I click on More in the Search Box or Thank You, I agree, or Informative in a post it blinks and I have to click it many times to make it work but sometimes it works when I click just one. I'll try Internet Explorer to see if the problem goes away.

@cereal_killer

Search box to the right of the page.

This board is just like all the others now. Booo.

Bring back rep (change how the point system works if people are too whiny about getting negged) or at the least, bring back the 'like' and 'disagree' buttons but add the ability to send a personal comment along with it.
While searching for one of my earlier posts I saw this one. I have to agree. As much as I personally like the XenForo format, what makes USMB unique is/was the Wild West, few laws posting environment. That certainly attracted members. But it may have turned off advertisers. But without that edge, what makes the site stand out from all the other political forums? Time will tell.
Incompetence?

@cereal_killer

You don't see the search box in the nav bar? Look to the top right its right next to the new posts link, you cant miss it. White box says search

I can't find things in the fridge either.

Can you show me where it's at? I just don't see it. I see a Search Forums link but not a Search link. Is Search Forums what I'm looking for

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 6.52.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 6.52.28 AM.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 48
Did something just change with the alert feature? Suddenly, I am getting alerted when someone who quotes someone who quotes someone who quoted me. I had changed that and now don't see it in alert preferences. I have blonde moments at times so may just be spacing out.

I suggest that the developers make the box that contains the posts and replies wider. It would make the posts much easier to read and you wouldn't have to scroll down 10 feet to get to the bottom of a chain of replies.

Forum List

Back