[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Sorry if this has been axed 47 times already, but is there a quick and easy way to find a list of the threads that I've started?
Go to your Profile Page, click Information, and the link is right there.
Or you can just go to the "Search" at the top right of page, then click on the down arrow....."my threads" is one of the choices.

I noticed some quotes this morning that went on for pages. Is there a way to shorten them like they were before? [In this new format]

I noticed some quotes this morning that went on for pages. Is there a way to shorten them like they were before? [In this new format]

Well yeah, but doing so pisses off the people who like layered quotes.

Can't please one group without pissing off another.

I'm hoping the issue doesn't need to be a binary condition (Yes/No, Include/Exclude), maybe there is an option that allows for limiting the number of repeat quotes included. I'd think 3 or 4 would be good.

Then you get the best of both worlds, some context to the train of quotes - but yet not one that goes on forever.

>>>>

Well yeah, but doing so pisses off the people who like layered quotes.

Can't please one group without pissing off another.

I'm hoping the issue doesn't need to be a binary condition (Yes/No, Include/Exclude), maybe there is an option that allows for limiting the number of repeat quotes included. I'd think 3 or 4 would be good.

Then you get the best of both worlds, some context to the train of quotes - but yet not one that goes on forever.

>>>>

I would second that. A maximum of three--at the most four--would usually suffice to provide the necessary context.

But can we still offer suggestions on this thread of what we would like to have happen? I had the impression that the suggestion phase was done and only bugs would now be addressed? (From a perfectly selfish standpoint I hope that isn't the case because I know there are features that could be added to make the board more functional and user friendly. I also appreciate how wearying it must be for admin to have the cacophony of sometimes competing demand, requests, whines, etc. in addition to the bugs to fix.)

This didn't happen at first. I liked it when the quote was short and faded away with the option to expand...that was one good feature I thought

I'd like to report a bug. Nested quotes take up way too much space, especially on a tablet or phone as the little boxes are so narrow that you get maybe five words per sentence. Then you end up scrolling for miles.

I'm officially retracting my support of the nested quote reply. Given the narrow width for threads due to all the stuff on the right side of the page, the "nests" are getting ridiculously long.

I'd like to report a bug. Nested quotes take up way too much space, especially on a tablet or phone as the little boxes are so narrow that you get maybe five words per sentence. Then you end up scrolling for miles.

O.Mi.Gawd

Ravi and I had a mind-meld-moment.

There's a difference between bugs and unpleasant functionality.

Quotes are working as intended (not a bug), but layering to the nth degree has the unintended consequence of jacking up small screens.

Quotes are working as intended (not a bug), but layering to the nth degree has the unintended consequence of jacking up small screens.

Actually, the original set up was that only the most recent post showed up in a quote. CK modified things to set up the nested quotes. I believe he made a comment that this would be wiped out in any upgrades to the board software.

You can call it unpleasant functionality but I believe it is a bug, or at the very least, a misapplication of code. Boxes should stretch to fit the browser width. This is a serious design bug and very unprofessional looking. As is the bug that doesn't allow someone with a long screen name to fit on a single line.

Actually, the original set up was that only the most recent post showed up in a quote. CK modified things to set up the nested quotes. I believe he made a comment that this would be wiped out in any upgrades to the board software.

Which is why I like IP.Board more. It's much easier to carry over mods during upgrades.

Que sera, sera.

You can call it unpleasant functionality but I believe it is a bug, or at the very least, a misapplication of code. Boxes should stretch to fit the browser width. This is a serious design bug and very unprofessional looking. As is the bug that doesn't allow someone with a long screen name to fit on a single line.

CK hacked the system to allow for nested quotes - unless I dreamed it. Which I doubt.

Which is why I like IP.Board more. It's much easier to carry over mods during upgrades.

Que sera, sera.

Well, we're stuck with this software...at least for the foreseeable future.

Forum List

Back