Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

Personally, I think Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn are guaranteed Hog losses, but that is just my opinion.

This is what I was thinking as well. Until this team of players who have played together for going on three seasons now proves that we can win on the road in the sec I have a hard time believing it, at least against the better programs. If we can beat UGA in athens then that will be a big first step. Until then I am afraid that I am skeptical. I think at UGA, home against bama, at auburn and at south carolina games are going to be difficult.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I dunnooo..I think Arkansas is looking pretty tough so far.

We will see come saturday. We will finally play some real competition. Beating tenn tech and ULM at home are a total different type of game than playing UGA in athens then coming home to play bama.

We will see come saturday. We will finally play some real competition. Beating tenn tech and ULM at home are a total different type of game than playing UGA in athens then coming home to play bama.

Yeah, playing UGA at home is going to be tough. I can't remember the last time we played UGA when we outranked them, either.

Yeah, playing UGA at home is going to be tough. I can't remember the last time we played UGA when we outranked them, either.

It would have had to be before we joined the sec. I think AJ green might get to play if his appeal is successful on friday.

Georgia has been less than impressive thus far. At least to me.

You never know though. Playing on the road in the sec is tough no matter who you are. I think UGA is suffering alot right now from having a new defensive staff and changing to a 3-4 defense. Alot of new schemes and coverages to learn. I am really worried about this game. I hope we are not looking forward to the tide.

You never know though. Playing on the road in the sec is tough no matter who you are. I think UGA is suffering alot right now from having a new defensive staff and changing to a 3-4 defense. Alot of new schemes and coverages to learn. I am really worried about this game. I hope we are not looking forward to the tide.

I know anything can happen, but I expect Arkansas to win this Saturday. Right now I just feel they are the stronger, tougher team.

I know anything can happen, but I expect Arkansas to win this Saturday. Right now I just feel they are the stronger, tougher team.

I hope you are right but over the years I have come to doubt my high expectations of anything razorback related with the exception of the 94 championship bball team.

I hope you are right but over the years I have come to doubt my high expectations of anything razorback related with the exception of the 94 championship bball team.

I always doubted expectations when Houston Nutt was at the helm.

With Petrino, I think we have a legitimate shot to meet expectations. But regardless of how good we are, it's the SEC. Any SEC team can beat any other SEC team (except maybe Vanderbilt), given the right set of circumstances.

With Petrino, I think we have a legitimate shot to meet expectations. But regardless of how good we are, it's the SEC. Any SEC team can beat any other SEC team (except maybe Vanderbilt), given the right set of circumstances.

I agree especially when it comes to nutt vs petrino. I have 100% total faith in petrino especially when it comes to offense. I have major confidence that we are on the right track. I think he is building a very solid foundation. I think the coaches he brought in during the offseason are big time hires. We have the studs to play with anybody when it comes to offense but our defense is what scares me. I hope my fears come to pass on saturday.

I agree especially when it comes to nutt vs petrino. I have 100% total faith in petrino especially when it comes to offense. I have major confidence that we are on the right track. I think he is building a very solid foundation. I think the coaches he brought in during the offseason are big time hires. We have the studs to play with anybody when it comes to offense but our defense is what scares me. I hope my fears come to pass on saturday.

That's funny, considering we have the #4 defense in the country right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of our defense so far this season. If we can do to UGA what we did to tenn tech and ULM then I will be convinced and very impressed. The D is definitely playing with a chip on their shoulder and thats good.

Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of our defense so far this season. If we can do to UGA what we did to tenn tech and ULM then I will be convinced and very impressed. The D is definitely playing with a chip on their shoulder and thats good.

I think they took it to heart when all the fans said the defense was holding us back. This year, it looks like the offense was holding us back. I can't say that I'm thrilled about the scores we put up against TT and ULM. But somehow, at the end of the day, Mallett's numbers were still impressive. We just have to start capitalizing on those big plays.

Also, Mallett sits atop the Heisman Predictor poll at this time.

I think they took it to heart when all the fans said the defense was holding us back. This year, it looks like the offense was holding us back. I can't say that I'm thrilled about the scores we put up against TT and ULM. But somehow, at the end of the day, Mallett's numbers were still impressive. We just have to start capitalizing on those big plays.

Also, Mallett sits atop the Heisman Predictor poll at this time.
According to the coaches we have had a VERY good week of practice and the players seem really focused. If we come out and do what I know we can do then we should be fine but who knows. Playing on the road in the sec is tough.

Forum List

Back