Official love/hate Rick Perry thread

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I didn't know much about Rick Perry until recently. I knew he was the successful governor of Texas. I know they love him there. Thats about it. But I've been reading up on him, and something about his charisma along with his stance on issues...I like it. I think he's my favorite right now.

Quick notes:

- He was a "yell leader" at Texas A&M
- He was a captain in the US Air Force
- He was a cotton farmer
- Married to his elementary school sweetheart
- Pro-cops, tough on crime
- Wants to limit tort and stupid lawsuits
- Anti-abortion
- Anti-gay marriage
- Pro-Death Penalty (200 executions under his watch)
- Doesn't believe in global warming
- Has great, Southern charisma
- Flirted with seccession after health care law shoved through US throats

In short.....I like him. Hope he runs. Perry/West????

He told Texans they could make and use 100 watt incandescent light bulbs too.. He's a states rights kinda guy..

He's doing something right. Texas is booming.

Perhaps Barry should call him for some advice on how to get the economy going?? Perry obviously knows what he's doing.

What am I saying? Does anyone think Barry would actually take advice from someone who obviously knows what he's doing???

Never mind.

Last edited:
Yep, I can hear it now from Rachael Madcow and Keith Olber...oh, wait, forget him..........from Ed Shul....um no.....well, Fahrid Zacharia-whats-his-name and Madcow:

"We all remember what the LAST Texas big wig in the White House did, right? Haha right guys? (wink wink)"

They'd try to make Perry the next Bush for sure.

I didn't know much about Rick Perry until recently. I knew he was the successful governor of Texas. I know they love him there. Thats about it. But I've been reading up on him, and something about his charisma along with his stance on issues...I like it. I think he's my favorite right now.

Quick notes:

- He was a "yell leader" at Texas A&M
- He was a captain in the US Air Force
- He was a cotton farmer
- Married to his elementary school sweetheart
- Pro-cops, tough on crime
- Wants to limit tort and stupid lawsuits
- Anti-abortion
- Anti-gay marriage
- Pro-Death Penalty (200 executions under his watch)
- Doesn't believe in global warming
- Has great, Southern charisma
- Flirted with seccession after health care law shoved through US throats

In short.....I like him. Hope he runs. Perry/West????

Switched party's for political expediency like Arlen Specter did.

Has attempted to get foreign country's to build and collect revenue from Toll roads in Texas.

Is pro-Amnesty, has done nothing for Border security except waist JP-4 doing interviews in a helicopter flying around the border.

Tried to force a vaccine on our daughters that was untested, and only backed off after it was discovered that he was lobbied by a friend at the Merik drug company.

And no one can point out one thing HE has done to make Texas better other then sign legislation offered by the state reps.

Last edited:
He's doing something right. Texas is booming.

Perhaps Barry should call him for some advice on how to get the economy going?? Perry obviously knows what he's doing.

What am I saying? Does anyone think Barry would actually take advice from someone who obviously knows what he's doing???

Never mind.

Allot of Texas would disagree that the state is booming. Some industry is booming, plenty of folks out of work here.

Forum List

Back