[OFFICIAL] Final Post Debate Poll/ Monday 10-22-12

Who won tonights debate?

• Obama Won!!

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Romney Won!!

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • Too close to call, I'm going with a draw!!

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters
all ohio really. but just sense going romney way.

Obama has had the edge in Ohio for a good long time, and there really hasn't been anything showing Romney ahead there. The race there remains in the margin of error for the most part, but favors Obama thanks to Romney's stances on the GM bailout among other things.

The winner of Ohio WILL be the winner of the election, and right now it's looking like that is Obama. Winning without Ohio will be very very difficult. On election night, once Ohio is called I'm going to bed.

The Senate is looking like a nearly sure thing for the Democrats at this point (Thanks Todd Akin!), which means that no matter who wins, Obama or Romney, their only real route to implementing domestic policy will be Executive Order.

Those are fairly easily rescinded. So neither man is likely to have much impact at all on domestic issues in the long run. Nothing is changing there in any permanent sense until you have the moderates back in the Legislature.

Romney practically endorsed Obama on foreign policy, who himself is practically a Bush clone when it comes to foreign policy. So we will see continuity, for better or worse, on foreign policy issues.

I think come Monday, we will know for sure where Romney is going to shake out. But his "momentum", and I use that word sarcastically, hasn't carried him into a winning position in the Electoral College, merely tightened up the race. Between the Obama win in the second, and the tie in the third, no one really has any momentum right now. That means that what we see on Monday will represent pretty much the election day forecast.

I'm not very comfortable predicting a winner, but gun to my head, I'd say Obama is looking like he'll carry Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada, and Wisconsin. He still needs either Iowa or Colorado, IIRC, and that isn't looking that unlikely, while Romney will carry Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida. That would give Romney a good chance of winning the popular vote, but give Obama a slight edge in the Electoral Vote.

I freely admit though, no matter who wins, if the margin IS 273-265 I expect the lawyers to get involved. I also expect that the international monitors are going to be VERY unhappy with both parties when this is done.

Seems Obamas lack of ability to reach across the aisle has you thinking such is the norm.

Romney has a history of reaching across the aisle.

That being said, if you truly cared about what you posted you should say to yourself..

Obama is a good man and I like his policies, but he has proven that he can not get the GOP to work with him. Romney is a man whos policies I do not care for, but with a democratic senate and his history of working across the aisle, we may be able to get some pretty interesting and progressive compromises....

And you should cast your vote for Romney.
well i think romney look like he going to win but whether he get congress do anything is another matter

we know one thing for sure...Obama cant.

My vote is for the unknown over the known in this case.

All of ours should be.

Sorry bout that,

1. Romney was clear about the issues, for good reason he left Libya alone, Bob knew Romney wouldn't be ready for the Libya question first rattle out of the bag, making Romney attack with first question, no one attacks right out of the bag, it was a libnut strategy.
2. Romney basically was better for not attacking, because he would of seemed angry and short sighted, which would make him seem unhinged, which Bob knew that so he dumped the Libya question on him first.
3. It as like, Bob said, "Okay what do you want to say about Libya Romney, Go!"
4. Caught Romney off guard, so he didn't rail on Obama, which was wise.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nope. I don't think that's what was going on. I've been racking my brain about why Romney didn't stick him to the wall on Benghazi, and having slept on it, I think the priority was to prevent Obama from having such a large platform upon which to spew his lies.

Think about it... even a prime time press conference isn't going to draw 50-60 million voters. Obama has had plenty of time to try to come up with a story. And because of the nature of the incident, with much information being classified, he could've sat there on that stage and said whatever he wanted without sourcing his information. Romney would've been stuck letting him monologue in front of twice the audience he was ever going to reach otherwise with whatever pack of lies he had in mind. Note that Obama, himself, attempted to turn the conversation back to Libya several times.

Now, I know this wasn't an exciting debate. But the first debate was a bit of an anomaly in that regard. Romney's goals were different in that debate. He needed to prove that he wasn't the Wall Street fat-cat the left had painted him out to be, he needed to prove that he was tough enough to fight for the job, he needed to call Obama out on his failure with the economy and offer an alternative course. He did all that handily.

For THIS debate, the objectives were different. Romney needed to prove that he's not some scary neo-con warhawk, that he's extremely knowledgeable on foreign policy with ideas to improve it, and that it all starts with a strong economy in America. He did all that handily as well.

People seem to get confused about what qualifies as a "win" in a presidential debate. They get bogged down by debate points in the classical sense and by the optics of watching a fight. And if we're honest, we LOVE the red meat at election time. But the reward last night wasn't Bob Schieffer raising one combatant's gloved hand skyward as his opponent bleeds on the floor. The actual prize is VOTES. So, what it's really about is whether each man met his objectives or not. Romney met his. And he did it with the self-control and pragmatism we've become accustomed to upon observation of him. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Obama needed to explain how the next four years would significantly be different than the last. And he didn't get it done. All he could do was natter on about "teachers".

ROMNEY was the victor last night. And libs can bog themselves down in all the minutia they want, like they always do. But when push comes to shove, this was about attracting those last few remaining votes in the center, not about allowing Obama a large audience to parse his failures.

Obama said we don't use Bayonets anymore, but guess what they are standard issue for the Marines.

Gotta bring this golden turd back up.

Obama: "We Also Have Fewer Horses And Bayonets"

I love how you guys get your talking points off of Fox news, but can't even articulate them correctly.

Thats cause we dont have the ships to get them to the arena you idiot.

Nope. I don't think that's what was going on. I've been racking my brain about why Romney didn't stick him to the wall on Benghazi, and having slept on it, I think the priority was to prevent Obama from having such a large platform upon which to spew his lies.

Project much?

Romney avoided the Libya issue because he got buzz sawed by the manufactured lies you guys thrive on. He has his wacky base (people like yourself) to thank for that "ooops" moment.

Think about it... even a prime time press conference isn't going to draw 50-60 million voters. Obama has had plenty of time to try to come up with a story. And because of the nature of the incident, with much information being classified, he could've sat there on that stage and said whatever he wanted without sourcing his information. Romney would've been stuck letting him monologue in front of twice the audience he was ever going to reach otherwise with whatever pack of lies he had in mind. Note that Obama, himself, attempted to turn the conversation back to Libya several times.

So if much of the info is classified how do YOU know if they are lies?

You get the secret memos too?

People seem to get confused about what qualifies as a "win" in a presidential debate. They get bogged down by debate points in the classical sense and by the optics of watching a fight. And if we're honest, we LOVE the red meat at election time. But the reward last night wasn't Bob Schieffer raising one combatant's gloved hand skyward as his opponent bleeds on the floor. The actual prize is VOTES. So, what it's really about is whether each man met his objectives or not. Romney met his. And he did it with the self-control and pragmatism we've become accustomed to upon observation of him. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Obama needed to explain how the next four years would significantly be different than the last. And he didn't get it done. All he could do was natter on about "teachers".

ROMNEY was the victor last night. And libs can bog themselves down in all the minutia they want, like they always do. But when push comes to shove, this was about attracting those last few remaining votes in the center, not about allowing Obama a large audience to parse his failures.

Prepare bubbledweller, I have a bubble buster here:

Romney did not win among likely voters or undecided.

You wanna continue putting your blinders on and screaming "lalalalala", good for you. the fact is that Obama won over a sizable majority of polled uncommitted voters, more so than either candidate on either of the last 2 debates. Romney did not perform well at all.

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtfdpx3jnGs&feature=player_embedded]"We're Gonna Have To See If Soulless Shape-Shifting Has A Cost" Maddow Post Presidential Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Maddow said was talking about Romney’s complete reversal of his policy on the war when she said,

That political calculation makes so much sense to me, if there were not 68,000 American lives on the line. And that’s what infuriates me, because this is a real war. This is not changing your mind on light rail. This is changing your mind and denying your previous positions that are on the record about the fate, the lives and deaths, of 68,000 Americans, and asserting that not only is it okay for you to change your mind, I believe in people changing their mind, but that you can get away with running from the things that you have previously claimed were your heartfelt beliefs, and now denying that you ever believed they were true. It’s a character issue, and I find it disqualifying.

59791_462518123800861_2000685754_n.jpg

Honest to god. Really?

Went pretty much the way i thought it would. The MSM hailed their Dear Leader the winner, but it won't mean much. The choice is still very clear. You want more of this misery, vote for Obama. You want something different, vote for Romney. We'll see what the People decide.

The MSM hailed their Dear Leader the winner, but it won't mean much.

Why did all of the polls I saw say the same thing?

Not following you. My point was that it went the way i thought it would. No surprises. And it doesn't matter. Most made up their minds before this Debate. To be more blunt, no one cared. It was merely another chance for the MSM to save their Dear Leader. The choice stays the same. Four more years of misery, or a new President? This Debate just didn't change that.

Romney lost.. After a bit he gave up and just started agreeing with Obama.

Obama 2, Rmoney 1.

Off to 11/6/12.. We shall see who wins.

:lol:

Obama did not win either. He had nothing new to add. "That's not true" doesn't cut it.
Obama needed to win huge to sway the polls back in his favor. ALL of the pressure was on him. Obama had to appear calm and in control. He wasn't. He spent the entire debate protesting. That isn't going to win over those who are undecided.

Are you fucking high?

Go back and watch the debate, Romney was sweating (literally).

Obama was calm and collected. Romney was the one on the attack, Obama was on defense. "That's not true" was not the only thing that came out of his mouth.. What did you fall asleep watching Romney talk?

Look, it's cool, I know how you people are... It's hard for you to understand, but Romney lost this debate.. It's not that big of a deal, there will probably be no real movement in the polls as early voting has already begun.

In addition, Romney has a 23% likelyhood of being elected, he COULD possibly win the popular vote.. But he will probably still lose the electoral college.

Sorry man.. :eusa_shifty:
Your wishful thinking is not going to change the facts. Obama needed a BIG win last night.
He got a tie. And that is because Romney was not at his best.
I have no idea what debate you were watching, but I understand your partisanship. You NEED Obama to win. It is your life.

Mark this one down as an irrelevant non-event. Most already made up their minds before this Debate took place. Not sure who won or lost, i just know it doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Mark this one down as an irrelevant non-event. Most already made up their minds before this Debate took place. Not sure who won or lost, i just know it doesn't matter. It is what it is.

The only way this last debate would have mattered is if Romney had come off looking like he was not up to the Job of Being President.

That, didn't happen.

Obama was angry and on the defense the whole evening and his "argument" was reduced to, "that's not true". He lied and he lost.

Last edited:

The only way this last debate would have mattered is if Romney had come off looking like he was not up to the Job of Being President.

That, didn't happen.

True, it's now his Election to lose. Obama didn't change anyone's mind last night. He's been a disaster. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back