Official Dow 10,000 thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market' started by DavidS, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    So, the market is rallying beyond all hopes and dreams and is up 10%+ since last week, which means we're well on our way to DOW 10,000.

I believe we'll see DOW 10,000 sometime during the summer. So, any of you believe we'll see DOW 10,000 this year?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Yes, I do. I am invested in stocks again since the government has poured trillions of dollars into the market (money we don't have, BTW). It reminds me of the Chrysler bail-out so many years ago. I will be taking my profits out of the middle, however. I don't expect the rally to last unless the Obama Administration and the Democratically-controlled Congress change their evil spending ways.

3. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Call me a pessimist but I think we will see 6000 before we see 10000, because of what xsited said pretty much, people are going to make some profits and bail when the government cheese ends and then we will also see some kick ass inflation that will exceed any gains for the next several years.

4. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I'm not sure we'll see 6000, but I also don't think we're going to see 10,000 anytime soon either. I'm not even sure I buy into the idea that we're going to see soaring inflation. I just think this economy is going to stagnate for a very long time. When we finally do see growth, I think it will be very slow growth.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I hope you're right, DavidS.

I doubt you are, but then your grasp of the market is probably far more sage than mine.

6. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    If it is one thing this economy does not do, it is slow. Oil prices doubled, then plummeted. The stock market went from 7900 in 2001 - 14000 in 2007 back down to 6500 in 2009. Our economy does now grow slow and does not shrink slow. When things are good - they're GOOD. When things are bad, they're BAD. I would love to see slow, steady growth - but it just won't happen. That's why I think we'll be at 26,000 by 2016.

7. Terral

Terral Terral Corp CEO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi David:

The stock market is going up, because the liars on TV are talking the market up. The fundamentals of the U.S. Economy ARE BROKEN, because they were broken on purpose when Ben Bernanke and Secretary Paulson wired the economy for IMPLOSION beginning Sept. 18, 2008. The retards in Washington D.C. and Wall Street (Fascist Pigs = all of them) are ‘talking’ the market up and putting the lid on the ‘bad news’ to lure more suckers into the markets for the upcoming Economic IMPLOSION that is right around the corner. We still have 10,000 foreclosures every day and the U.S. Economy is still suffering from ‘far’ too much Outsourcing and ‘far’ too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) shipped in left and right to ‘displace’ U.S. workers from identities and JOBS.

Tim Geithner holds the key in his hand right now to the Coming Economic IMPLOSION (my thread) and Gerald Celente has the coming ‘economic collapse’ pegged to a Tee. The new money coming into the markets right now are from SUCKERS about to lose a lot of money playing Russian Roulette with their financial futures . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJ7LM3iyNg"]YouTube - ' Worst economic collapse ever'[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    nobody buys your conspiracy theory bs terral

9. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    david i think you need to slow down. the market i think will drop again before it head about up. i am interested in seeing where the market goes tomorrow after he closed down today. i want to see if it was just people selling off and something more.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I have no idea what the hell happened today. We were up over 120 points and then boom! Doesn't make sense.