% of US slaves who were black

What percentage of US slaves were black?

• 100 - 90

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 89 - 50

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 49 - 20

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • <20

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Im JS man. You are wrong.

As usual you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Just for shits and giggles, however....

"John Punch (fl. 1630s, living 1640) was an enslaved African who lived in the Colony of Virginia during the seventeenth century.[2][3] In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland. In contrast, two European men who ran away with him were sentenced to longer indentures but not the permanent loss of their freedom. For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"

...n July 2012, Ancestry.com published a paper suggesting that John Punch was a twelfth-generation grandfather of President Barack Obama on his mother's side, on the basis of historic and genealogical research and Y-DNAanalysis.[7][8][9] Punch's descendants were known by the Bunch or Bunche surname. Punch is believed to be one of the paternal ancestors of the 20th-century American diplomat Ralph Bunche, the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
"

John Punch (slave) - Wikipedia

I stand by the statement I made. Let's allow the posters to decide. Every thread you see me in is not a fucking popularity contest.
What you just posted proves you were wrong. The guy was an african and the master was white. This happened before Casor.
The 2 white servants that ran away with the BLACK guy both got an extended indentured servant status. The black man got permanent servant status.

Do you even READ what I write? Or, do you follow me around like a dog in heat because you want a bromance? I'm not into that gay stuff and I'd prefer you quit following me around and trolling me. The answer is no.
I didnt expect you to admit you are wrong. Believe me.

I admit that you follow me around because you want something from me. I'm here to post. Whatever it is you want from me, you should deal with privately. What I would prefer from you is that you leave me alone.
:rofl:
Good day, dumbfuck

He was well before the US was established

And so, there is another version of the "truth." So, the U.S. had to be established according to the poll?

Read the title of the thread

Percent of US slaves who were black

He was well before the US was established

And so, there is another version of the "truth." So, the U.S. had to be established according to the poll?

And did you see equally incompetent people quoting material from periods before America became a nation? So, although the practice predated the country, all that is relevant is how many were slaves in that period? If so, I got trolled by people dumber than I ever will be.

As usual you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Just for shits and giggles, however....

"John Punch (fl. 1630s, living 1640) was an enslaved African who lived in the Colony of Virginia during the seventeenth century.[2][3] In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland. In contrast, two European men who ran away with him were sentenced to longer indentures but not the permanent loss of their freedom. For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"

...n July 2012, Ancestry.com published a paper suggesting that John Punch was a twelfth-generation grandfather of President Barack Obama on his mother's side, on the basis of historic and genealogical research and Y-DNAanalysis.[7][8][9] Punch's descendants were known by the Bunch or Bunche surname. Punch is believed to be one of the paternal ancestors of the 20th-century American diplomat Ralph Bunche, the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
"

John Punch (slave) - Wikipedia

I stand by the statement I made. Let's allow the posters to decide. Every thread you see me in is not a fucking popularity contest.
What you just posted proves you were wrong. The guy was an african and the master was white. This happened before Casor.
The 2 white servants that ran away with the BLACK guy both got an extended indentured servant status. The black man got permanent servant status.

Do you even READ what I write? Or, do you follow me around like a dog in heat because you want a bromance? I'm not into that gay stuff and I'd prefer you quit following me around and trolling me. The answer is no.
I didnt expect you to admit you are wrong. Believe me.

I admit that you follow me around because you want something from me. I'm here to post. Whatever it is you want from me, you should deal with privately. What I would prefer from you is that you leave me alone.
:rofl:
Good day, dumbfuck

Whatever you say, girlie-boy

And did you see equally incompetent people quoting material from periods before America became a nation? So, although the practice predated the country, all that is relevant is how many were slaves in that period? If so, I got trolled by people dumber than I ever will be.

Don't look at me
I didn't make this thread

It applies to the United States not the 1600s

I don't know about the whole country, but as I am doing my Ancestry search, I have come across records and statistics for the county/region many of my farmer relatives lived in...and the fertile farming region they lived in, in the 1850 census, had 22,000 inhabitants, about 6000 white farm owners and family, and 16,000 black slaves...sadly, through my research up to now, there is no doubt my ancestors were slave owners, BIG TIME.... I thought at first they were not, because slaves never showed up on the censuses....but then I found these documents that farm owners had to provide called Slave Schedules.... :( :eek:

Now granted, city areas may not have had as high a percentage of slaves verses the farmers.

And up here in New England, there were thousands of "indentured servants"/convicts serving their time, that were white.... they were in servitude for a specific time period, I presume based on the seriousness of their crimes, but then were set free.

They did get to bargain their contracts on things like what type of food they were fed by their masters....Lobster in Maine was a dime a dozen at the time, so it was the poor man's food, (on the shoreline, when the tide went out, as high as 2 feet of Lobsters covered the whole beach and people could just pick them up)

Anyway, the indentured servants insisted they NOT BE FED LOBSTER more than 2 times a week! Can you believe that??? I love lobster and that's just crazy! :lol:

This thread is stupid.

& Slavery was legalized in Massachusetts in 1641.

There were laws regarding fugitive slaves there in the 1630's. That was well before Johnson.

Dumb dumb dumb

All of them

I don’t want to hear any crap that indentured servants were slaves

And there you go. It all depends. You just proved my point.

It all depends upon how anal retentive you want to be. In all reality, indentured servants did not live as good as black slaves

www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/time-on-the-cross-the-economics-of-american-negro-slavery-time-on-the-cross-evidence-and-methods-a-supplement-by-robert-william/

Time on the Cross - Wikipedia

Bull Shit on toast

Indentured servants signed a legally enforceable contract for both parties. Slaves never had such a contract
Indentures servants had rights recognizable in a court of law
Indentured servants were not property
Indentured servants had a set time period of indenture
The children of indentured servants were not available to sell

Indentured servants were not slaves

That is according to your opinion. Depending upon your situation, you may not have a choice in choosing to be an indentured servant.

History test:
Really? News flash: this a place in which one brings to bear in making arguments the information one learned in the course of studying history, not to test others' mastery and recollection of that information

What percentage of US slaves were black?
It's occasionally said that there's no such thing as a stupid question. That's just not so. The poll question is a stupid one to ask because the question doesn't include enough qualification for it to be accurately answered given the options available for answering it. What makes it a stupid question for the reason I've noted? This:
  1. When? --> As someone who wants to issue a "history test," it's curious that you ask a question for which the answer varies over time, yet you specify neither date nor time period to which respondents' answers must apply.

Who thinks temporal context isn't relevant to any history question? Nitwits who have no real sense of what history is about and its value, and who yet deign to issue "history test" questions they'd have others answer. That's who.
  2. What percentage type? Along with failing to specify a time period, the question doesn't indicate whether one is to answer with regard to median or the mean percentages.
  3. What does "black" mean? --> When we had slavery, enslaved people were classified by a variety of terms, for example, mulatto. In Slaves Without Masters: The Free Negro in the Antebellum South, historian Ira Berlin writes that in 1860, "fully 40 percent of the Southern free Negro population were classified as mulattoes, while only one slave in ten had some white ancestry." Also, in 1755 Maryland, 99 percent of the 42,061 recorded blacks were slaves, though only 60 percent of the 3,608 mulattos were slaves.

Today, society in general and the individuals who are mulatto are blacks. In 1755, people didn't so lump all non-whites.

Last edited:
All of them

It all depends upon how anal retentive you want to be. In all reality, indentured servants did not live as good as black slaves

www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/time-on-the-cross-the-economics-of-american-negro-slavery-time-on-the-cross-evidence-and-methods-a-supplement-by-robert-william/

Bull Shit on toast

Indentured servants signed a legally enforceable contract for both parties. Slaves never had such a contract

That is according to your opinion. Depending upon your situation, you may not have a choice in choosing to be an indentured servant.

FACT

Indentured servants had rights recognizable in a court of law

Slaves had no more rights than farm animals

some from europe indentured themselves, willingly, for their passage to America being paid for, by their master in America... they would work for them, until the cost of their passage to here, was paid for...

All of them

Bull Shit on toast

FACT

Indentured servants also didn't endure a perpetual bondage for generation upon generation upon generation that took away near every human right,

extending to their children and children's, children, their children's, children, and their children's children...

In all reality, indentured servants did not live as good as black slaves
You're fucked in the head.

And if you had anything other than a bullshit opinion, you wouldn't have to be insulting to make your point. Are you vying for the moron of the month spot on this board?
Who the fuck do you think you are, dipshit?

Who do you think YOU are? Do I owe you something?

America is the only country that considers itself civilized, but had slavery in the 19th century. In addition, racial segregation persisted until the 60s of the 20th century. And these guys will teach the whole world?

All of them

Bull Shit on toast

FACT

FACT

Black slaves lived better than their blue collar contemporaries

In Maine, indentured servants and prisoners could vote, and prisoners now, still can vote in 2018.....they do not lose that as a right, while in prison or not....

All of them

Bull Shit on toast

FACT

Indentured servants also didn't endure a perpetual bondage for generation upon generation upon generation that took away near every human right,

extending to their children and children's, children, their children's, children, and their children's children...

Can you say constructive fraud?

Forum List

Back