% of US slaves who were black

What percentage of US slaves were black?

• 100 - 90

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 89 - 50

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 49 - 20

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • <20

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
History test:

How many of you here believe that the majority of slaves in the US were black?

Please provide an argument to support your opinion.

This could be a difficult one.

Mexicans held Indians as slaves.

The first case of a runaway slave in the U.S. was a white man with a black master

Many whites came to America as slaves - the very word kidnap comes from a time when kids in Britain were being whisked off the streets and "kid nabbed" for ship labor and then sold in the U.S.
But that was before the US won its FREEDOM from British Rule. Damn, didnt that make all Americans slaves to the king of England? I think it did.

That's why I said this would be a difficult one. A black man was the first slave owner in the United States. So, from what year do we start counting and what classes of slaves are included?

If you're a liberal, you begin when the most blacks were the slaves.
No he wasn't.

Yes, he was. Let's not play children's games.

History test:

How many of you here believe that the majority of slaves in the US were black?

Please provide an argument to support your opinion.

This could be a difficult one.

Mexicans held Indians as slaves.

The first case of a runaway slave in the U.S. was a white man with a black master

Many whites came to America as slaves - the very word kidnap comes from a time when kids in Britain were being whisked off the streets and "kid nabbed" for ship labor and then sold in the U.S.
But that was before the US won its FREEDOM from British Rule. Damn, didnt that make all Americans slaves to the king of England? I think it did.

That's why I said this would be a difficult one. A black man was the first slave owner in the United States. So, from what year do we start counting and what classes of slaves are included?

If you're a liberal, you begin when the most blacks were the slaves.
No he wasn't.

Yes, he was. Let's not play children's games.
You are talking about anthony johnson. He was the first slave owner to have his master status recognized in a court of law for a slave that didnt commit a crime. He wasnt the first slave owner.

All of them

I don’t want to hear any crap that indentured servants were slaves

And there you go. It all depends. You just proved my point.

It all depends upon how anal retentive you want to be. In all reality, indentured servants did not live as good as black slaves

www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/time-on-the-cross-the-economics-of-american-negro-slavery-time-on-the-cross-evidence-and-methods-a-supplement-by-robert-william/

Time on the Cross - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Yes, you have a link now try reading about it.
Here is an article you should read.
Hugh Gwyn | It's Still Time To Stop Blaming The White Man
Notice the timeline between punch and casor

You're anal retentive for what reason? Grow the fuck up and quit making everything personal.

You're anal retentive for what reason? Grow the fuck up and quit making everything personal.

Im JS man. You are wrong.

As usual you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Just for shits and giggles, however....

"John Punch (fl. 1630s, living 1640) was an enslaved African who lived in the Colony of Virginia during the seventeenth century.[2][3] In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland. In contrast, two European men who ran away with him were sentenced to longer indentures but not the permanent loss of their freedom. For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"

...n July 2012, Ancestry.com published a paper suggesting that John Punch was a twelfth-generation grandfather of President Barack Obama on his mother's side, on the basis of historic and genealogical research and Y-DNAanalysis.[7][8][9] Punch's descendants were known by the Bunch or Bunche surname. Punch is believed to be one of the paternal ancestors of the 20th-century American diplomat Ralph Bunche, the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
"

John Punch (slave) - Wikipedia

I stand by the statement I made. Let's allow the posters to decide. Every thread you see me in is not a fucking popularity contest.

All of them

It all depends upon how anal retentive you want to be. In all reality, indentured servants did not live as good as black slaves

www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/time-on-the-cross-the-economics-of-american-negro-slavery-time-on-the-cross-evidence-and-methods-a-supplement-by-robert-william/

"Live as well" is how a real writer would surmise it....

As usual you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Just for shits and giggles, however....

"John Punch (fl. 1630s, living 1640) was an enslaved African who lived in the Colony of Virginia during the seventeenth century.[2][3] In July 1640, the Virginia Governor's Council sentenced him to serve for the remainder of his life as punishment for running away to Maryland. In contrast, two European men who ran away with him were sentenced to longer indentures but not the permanent loss of their freedom. For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"

...n July 2012, Ancestry.com published a paper suggesting that John Punch was a twelfth-generation grandfather of President Barack Obama on his mother's side, on the basis of historic and genealogical research and Y-DNAanalysis.[7][8][9] Punch's descendants were known by the Bunch or Bunche surname. Punch is believed to be one of the paternal ancestors of the 20th-century American diplomat Ralph Bunche, the first African American to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
"

I stand by the statement I made. Let's allow the posters to decide. Every thread you see me in is not a fucking popularity contest.
I know they usually don't involve intercourse...

"

What you just posted proves you were wrong. The guy was an african and the master was white. This happened before Casor.
The 2 white servants that ran away with the BLACK guy both got an extended indentured servant status. The black man got permanent servant status.

"

I know they usually don't involve intercourse...

With that moron, it does. He loves being screwed. That's why he picks those kinds of pissing matches.

"

What you just posted proves you were wrong. The guy was an african and the master was white. This happened before Casor.
The 2 white servants that ran away with the BLACK guy both got an extended indentured servant status. The black man got permanent servant status.

Do you even READ what I write? Or, do you follow me around like a dog in heat because you want a bromance? I'm not into that gay stuff and I'd prefer you quit following me around and trolling me. The answer is no.

"

Do you even READ what I write? Or, do you follow me around like a dog in heat because you want a bromance? I'm not into that gay stuff and I'd prefer you quit following me around and trolling me. The answer is no.
I didnt expect you to admit you are wrong. Believe me.

"

I didnt expect you to admit you are wrong. Believe me.

I admit that you follow me around because you want something from me. I'm here to post. Whatever it is you want from me, you should deal with privately. What I would prefer from you is that you leave me alone.

All of them

Bull Shit on toast

Indentured servants signed a legally enforceable contract for both parties. Slaves never had such a contract
Indentures servants had rights recognizable in a court of law
Indentured servants were not property
Indentured servants had a set time period of indenture
The children of indentured servants were not available to sell

Indentured servants were not slaves

Forum List

Back