Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood

I cannot believe that people want to take this woman's children away. You would think that she drowned two of them already. That is pitiful. What if someone wanted to take your child(ren) away from you because they "thought" you were mentally ill or they "thought" you were not financially capable of taking care of yours? How many additional parents will it take to love her 14 children? What should her income be to provide for them financially? How big should her house be? If she can't take care of 14, how many should she be able to keep?

My grandmother had 13 kids and she worked sometimes two jobs. None of them lived in the streets, on welfare, and none went to prison. I don't know what she went through raising 13 kids but I do know that she made it through and never had any government help.

and your grandma is like this woman how exactly??

I cannot believe that people want to take this woman's children away. You would think that she drowned two of them already. That is pitiful. What if someone wanted to take your child(ren) away from you because they "thought" you were mentally ill or they "thought" you were not financially capable of taking care of yours? How many additional parents will it take to love her 14 children? What should her income be to provide for them financially? How big should her house be? If she can't take care of 14, how many should she be able to keep?

My grandmother had 13 kids and she worked sometimes two jobs. None of them lived in the streets, on welfare, and none went to prison. I don't know what she went through raising 13 kids but I do know that she made it through and never had any government help.

I don't know Willow because I only know my grandmother and I don't know the other woman. Neither do you.

I don't know Willow because I only know my grandmother and I don't know the other woman. Neither do you.

We do know: She chose to have that many children. The clinic wasn't suppose to use that many eggs. That she admitted to wanting more.

So yeah. In spite of that ... anyone who cannot care for their children, no matter how loving, will harm the children more, and drain our tax dollars more. It's wrong and I don't care who does it.

The veil of secrecy octuplets' mother Nadya Suleman shrouded herself in for more than a week was lifted Thursday with the release of public documents showing that the 33-year-old struggled with depression for years until she finally began to realize her childhood dream of having a huge family.

Suleman, who now has 14 children, told doctors she battled with depression for years after she was injured in a riot in 1999 at the state mental hospital where she worked.

The doctors' reports were included in more than 300 pages of documents released to The Associated Press by the state Division of Workers' Compensation on the same day NBC released excerpts of Suleman's first interview since giving birth last month. Among other things, the documents reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for an injury she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood - Pregnancy

now to me this is a perfect example of someone who should not breed. Unwed, no visable means of support, lives with mom and dad in a 3 bedroom house and she is bringing home 8 babies to the six she already has.. What a loser. And, she did it on purpose.

Speechless...

Damn she has HOW MANY KIDS? Get the rope, lets hang her. Find the rail, lets run her out of town, don't forget the tar and feathers. BURN the witch, BURN her at the STAKE.

What? We can not do any of those things? Ohh I know lets seize her children and put them in foster care where more kids get raped and brutalized then any other system in this country. Lets look out for the children by stealing them from a loving mother cause we would never want 14 kids. She must be nuts. We will have them all adopted out to 14 different families as fast as we can, cause well that would be better then letting a capable mother who loves them do it, cause we couldn't, so she can not.

What? We do not know if she is capable? We are just making shit up as we go along? Never BURN HER, err I mean take the kids, it is for the best after all, at least according to the mob.
i couldn't care less how many kids she has, the point is she went to extraordinary methods to get them
these methods are usually for those with no kids
and have had troubles with concieving normally
she abused the system

her first 6 kids were from invitro fertilization as well, she can't have any children naturally

she was married, got divorced last year.

She didn't receive Welfare for her other 6 kids.

Her father said he was returning to Iraq as a translator to help make the money to take care of his new grandkids.

------------------------

Do I think she is bonkers for having all of these children, yes. But that does not mean she is truly medically crazy.... it just means it is something that I would never do, nor most would ever do...

there is a family in New York with 20 children now, but all of them delivered naturally...tight knit family...but if I was going to have all of those children, i'd much rather NOT have them one delivery at a time!!!! whew!

==============

This is none of our business....people tend to like reality tv, and want to vote on who they want to ban or keep, but bottom line,once again.... this is none of our business and any limiting of people to have children when they want to have them and how they have them is unconstitutional and people that want to use our govt to control other people's perfectly legal reproductive choice to have children are Nazi's with the Nazi mentality of building this perfect race with perfect families with the perfect number of kids etc are practicing Eugenics.

BIG difference between idiots who just can't keep their legs closed and people who WANT to take advantage of a science in place to help those who need it. It's the same thing as those people who lie to get the flu vaccine when there is limited supply.

Once again this is nothing more than a witch hunt. BURN the WITCH. Take her kids, she must be crazy. She can not take care of them, she is hoarding children ( from whom exactly by the way?).

Big Brother should step in and rip this family apart cause a bunch of retards on a message board think it is wrong and ohh so bad to actually want lots of kids.

My mother came from a family of 10 kids. I guess we should dig my grandmother up and hang her from the nearest tree too? I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Tell me is 5 to many? Should we dig up my mom and hang her too?

What pray tell is the super secret acceptable number of children a person is ALLOWED to have now a days before the mob starts howling for blood?

Once again this is nothing more than a witch hunt. BURN the WITCH. Take her kids, she must be crazy. She can not take care of them, she is hoarding children ( from whom exactly by the way?).

Big Brother should step in and rip this family apart cause a bunch of retards on a message board think it is wrong and ohh so bad to actually want lots of kids.

My mother came from a family of 10 kids. I guess we should dig my grandmother up and hang her from the nearest tree too? I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Tell me is 5 to many? Should we dig up my mom and hang her too?

What pray tell is the super secret acceptable number of children a person is ALLOWED to have now a days before the mob starts howling for blood?

They are products of science, she went against nature to have them.

not for all of us RGS
had she got her 14 kids through natural means, this wouldnt even be a story
its the fact that she used extraordinary means to do this that is the issue
and not to the point i think she should lose her kids, cause i dont
but i'd like to see some guidelines set up so that someone cant abuse the services like this

Oh, and RGS, if you don't mind paying for them send her all your money so she doesn't have to use as much from the rest of us.

Oh, and RGS, if you don't mind paying for them send her all your money so she doesn't have to use as much from the rest of us.

Wait. let me get this right? You do not mind if some crack whore is on the public dole or if a third generation welfare recipient is sucking down soda on the Government dole? You do not mind if Government funds are spent to encourage women to get abortions or to pay for them. BUT BY GOD, this woman better not get a dime. What is truly hilarious is you do not even know if she IS getting any money from the Government.

STRING UP THE WITCH. BURN HER AT THE STAKE.

BIG difference between idiots who just can't keep their legs closed and people who WANT to take advantage of a science in place to help those who need it. It's the same thing as those people who lie to get the flu vaccine when there is limited supply.

Kitten, the lady is bonkers to want so many children....she was bonkers on the first 6 imho...

but it is none of my business how she chooses to live her life, or the family in the bronx with 20 children or the Druggers with 18 children....it's their choice, as it should be.

and my husband and I have gone our entire lives without children, paying for every one elses kids' vaccinations, medical care, school buildings and schooling, thousands each year in property taxes for those schools, for us never to take advantage of them.....because we have no kids...... but this does not bother us because it is for the better good of our country on the whole....

Those 14 kids will bring in A LOT of taxes for the country once they start working....if they need welfare now, which i don't believe they will need it if the grandpa helps financially as he said he was going to do, the country will more than get it back, later when these children enter society as tax paying adults.

Do I think the invitro doctor made an unwise decision to go ahead and implant the 6 embryos she had left in to her all at once...most certainly, and this should be reviewed by the AMA....to get down to all the facts and why he agreed to do such....the same place performed her other invitros for her other 6 children so it isn't like they did not know about them before implanting her last 6 embryos, (2 split in to twins, thus the 8)

having government tell one how many kids they can have or not have will ALWAYS be unacceptable because it would be you having the gvt force what you think about kids on to others...we live in the land of the free and base our constitution around freedom...to give the gvt the power over our own individual bodies and personal and family life is unconstitutional besides immoral imo....you might as well live in China.

Wait. let me get this right? You do not mind if some crack whore is on the public dole or if a third generation welfare recipient is sucking down soda on the Government dole? You do not mind if Government funds are spent to encourage women to get abortions or to pay for them. BUT BY GOD, this woman better not get a dime. What is truly hilarious is you do not even know if she IS getting any money from the Government.

STRING UP THE WITCH. BURN HER AT THE STAKE.

Um ... yeah. Okay. Here's a challenge I know you won't do, find ONE post in which I say that junkies shouldn't just be shot or allowed to overdose on their crap and die. You just don't read most of what I post do you? I would rather she was the one slaughtered, she didn't get pregnant by fucking, she had them implanted ... so technically it's the same morality as abortion. Again, give her all your money if you really care so much, but fuck if I am going to pay for it.

Kitten, the lady is bonkers to want so many children....she was bonkers on the first 6 imho...

but it is none of my business how she chooses to live her life, or the family in the bronx with 20 children or the Druggers with 18 children....it's their choice, as it should be.

and my husband and I have gone our entire lives without children, paying for every one elses kids' vaccinations, medical care, school buildings and schooling, thousands each year in property taxes for those schools, for us never to take advantage of them.....because we have no kids...... but this does not bother us because it is for the better good of our country on the whole....

Those 14 kids will bring in A LOT of taxes for the country once they start working....if they need welfare now, which i don't believe they will need it if the grandpa helps financially as he said he was going to do, the country will more than get it back, later when these children enter society as tax paying adults.

Do I think the invitro doctor made an unwise decision to go ahead and implant the 6 embryos she had left in to her all at once...most certainly, and this should be reviewed by the AMA....to get down to all the facts and why he agreed to do such....the same place performed her other invitros for her other 6 children so it isn't like they did not know about them before implanting her last 6 embryos, (2 split in to twins, thus the 8)

having government tell one how many kids they can have or not have will ALWAYS be unacceptable because it would be you having the gvt force what you think about kids on to others...we live in the land of the free and base our constitution around freedom...to give the gvt the power over our own individual bodies and personal and family life is unconstitutional besides immoral imo....you might as well live in China.

If it's a choice that effects everyone then no, they shouldn't be allowed to make that choice.

If it's a choice that effects everyone then no, they shouldn't be allowed to make that choice.

BULL CRAP.... and you know it!

most all decisions all of us make in our own personal lives affects others in one manner or another....

so I repeat, that;s BULL CRAP.....maybe not in the soviet union or China but it is absolute bull crap for here....YOU can;t FORCE what YOU want on to me or my personal, family life just because you don't like it....just as i can not force you to get married and have a bunch of rugrats.....

That's just the way it is kiddo.

most all decisions all of us make in our own personal lives affects others in one manner or another....

so I repeat, that;s BULL CRAP.....maybe not in the soviet union or China but it is absolute bull crap for here....YOU can;t FORCE what YOU want on to me or my personal, family life just because you don't like it....just as i can not force you to get married and have a bunch of rugrats.....

i agree, thats why my focus is on the doctor in this case

Same is true of Abortion ... is it not?

Same is true of Abortion ... is it not?

yes, that's the stand of roe v wade.

the woman has nothing to worry about,she lives in California,the state will gladly take care of her and her kids needs,its what they do,that is why so many illegals end up here.....California....the land of TAKE,but you dont have to give back,the people who pay the taxes will do that......

Except their homeless ... they just ship those people to other states so we have to take care of them.

were the hell did you come up with this bullshit?....

cant answer this i see Kitty......BECAUSE ITS BULLSHIT!!!

I know she is unemployed, unwed, and without a home, she did this willfully knowing all three of the above conditions existed. Now I suspect Your grandma had hers one or two at a time, was wed, and had a home.

Forum List

Back