Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The veil of secrecy octuplets' mother Nadya Suleman shrouded herself in for more than a week was lifted Thursday with the release of public documents showing that the 33-year-old struggled with depression for years until she finally began to realize her childhood dream of having a huge family.

Suleman, who now has 14 children, told doctors she battled with depression for years after she was injured in a riot in 1999 at the state mental hospital where she worked.

The doctors' reports were included in more than 300 pages of documents released to The Associated Press by the state Division of Workers' Compensation on the same day NBC released excerpts of Suleman's first interview since giving birth last month. Among other things, the documents reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for an injury she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood - Pregnancy

now to me this is a perfect example of someone who should not breed. Unwed, no visable means of support, lives with mom and dad in a 3 bedroom house and she is bringing home 8 babies to the six she already has.. What a loser. And, she did it on purpose.

There is a Doctor somewhere, who implanted eight embryos, who has a mental problem too.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The veil of secrecy octuplets' mother Nadya Suleman shrouded herself in for more than a week was lifted Thursday with the release of public documents showing that the 33-year-old struggled with depression for years until she finally began to realize her childhood dream of having a huge family.

Suleman, who now has 14 children, told doctors she battled with depression for years after she was injured in a riot in 1999 at the state mental hospital where she worked.

The doctors' reports were included in more than 300 pages of documents released to The Associated Press by the state Division of Workers' Compensation on the same day NBC released excerpts of Suleman's first interview since giving birth last month. Among other things, the documents reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for an injury she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom: Wanted Big Family to Compensate for Isolation of Her Childhood - Pregnancy

now to me this is a perfect example of someone who should not breed. Unwed, no visable means of support, lives with mom and dad in a 3 bedroom house and she is bringing home 8 babies to the six she already has.. What a loser. And, she did it on purpose.

Well we get to raise them, so what does she care? She can play mommy with her herd and let us flip the bill. Let alone the fact that she may not be stable enough to properly raise that many children emotionally.

Well we get to raise them, so what does she care? She can play mommy with her herd and let us flip the bill. Let alone the fact that she may not be stable enough to properly raise that many children emotionally.

Well personally I think the Doctor who implanted the eight embryos (thereby screwing over America) should be sued for child support.

Well personally I think the Doctor who implanted the eight embryos (thereby screwing over America) should be sued for child support.

I like that idea.

But I think the best thing for those 8 babies would to be put up for adoption.

There are THOUSANDS of families that have been waiting years to adopt a baby, and can provide each baby a loving, stable home.

But then if she did that (the right thing imo) she wouldn't be getting all this media attention, which I'm sure she loves.

But I think the best thing for those 8 babies would to be put up for adoption.

There are THOUSANDS of families that have been waiting years to adopt a baby, and can provide each baby a loving, stable home.

But then if she did that (the right thing imo) she wouldn't be getting all this media attention, which I'm sure she loves.

If she was an unselfish mother, she would consider this possibility. Listening to her interview this morning with Ann Curry, I got sick with nausea.

People feel, you know, this woman is being completely irresponsible and selfish to bring these children in the world without a clear source of income and enough help to raise them,” Curry told Nadya Suleman in a segment that aired Friday on TODAY. “The world outside is saying, ‘What are you doing?’ ”

“I know I'll be able to afford them when I'm done with my schooling,” the 33-year-old single mom replied. Calm, poised and articulate in the glare of the media spotlight, Suleman added: “If I was just sitting down watching TV and not being as determined as I am to succeed and provide a better future for my children, I believe that would be considered, to a certain degree, selfish.”

Octuplet mom defends ‘unconventional’ choices - Parenting & Family - MSNBC.com

She says she will give her children "unconditional love." Between her school and work, when will she even see her children? She is a selfish person, caring for nothing, but herself. Somebody please send her a copy of Ann Coulter's latest book. Although, it may already be too late for her.

gotta love it when children end up the victims of rugged individualism...

That's a thought!

Certainly he should be brought before the medical board to see if he committed an ethics violation by impregnating a mentally ill woman.

Also, if there aren't any already, there shout be regulations limiting the number of embryos in a woman. I'd say 2 at the most, since they can split into twins and some women, like this one, refuse to abort extra fetuses despite doctor's advice that it needs to be done for her health and for the health of the larger fetuses.

Forum List

Back