How to Win the Heart of that Special Someone...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have a fascination with Valentine's Day and with love in general. I loved the story of Snow White as a child...

Lust is easy to find, but love is so elusive that once you find it, you don't want to let it go.

How do you hold onto it?

I have a fascination with Valentine's Day and with love in general. I loved the story of Snow White as a child...

Lust is easy to find, but love is so elusive that once you find it, you don't want to let it go.

How do you hold onto it?

Sometimes even if you want to hold onto it, the other person doesn't. That sucks, ya know?

How do you hold onto it?

Sometimes even if you want to hold onto it, the other person doesn't. That sucks, ya know?

I hear you. Maybe that person wasn't the right person at the time?

I have a friend who was married three times previously. The marriages all failed for whatever reason and now she is happily married to a younger man and her daughter from a previous marriages loves the new husband to death. Who would have thunk it?

I didn't think she would get married again, but she was so persistent.

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Treat lover as you would a friend....have patience with them...

Those who play together, stay together...

are just 3 things that quickly come to mind!

care

No, I'm saying you can "try to hold on". That's not what love does, love just loves unconditionally.

I've never been able to subscribe to unconditional love. There have always been conditions in my relationships.

No, I'm saying you can "try to hold on". That's not what love does, love just loves unconditionally.

I've never been able to subscribe to unconditional love. There have always been conditions in my relationships.

I think when you find the right person the conditions go away. Of course, we must also be secure enough in ourselves, which can be difficult, to let go of conditions. I don't say any of this lightly, I haven't found it yet, but I think it is the way because of my understanding of God. God loves us unconditionally and his love is perfect. So, I think if we could become more like God our relationships would be better. I try to approach the world everyday with unconditional love. It's difficult, but I'm getting better, and my days have been better too.

I wish you all the luck in your journey.

A dog or a cat, a pet, will love you unconditionally. Humans, I just don't think it's possible for them. We think too much. Whether or not anyone would be candid enough to admit it, we have conditions.

How to hold on to love? If it's true love, you shouldn't have to hold on to it. It will remain on it's own accord. If it's not true love, sooner or later something will ruin it because it was weak to begin with.

Last edited:
what is the saying? "Love means you never have to say you are sorry!"
I think that might be it, I haven't seen the movie in along time!

I can tell you want works for my parents, fighting! Not all out which they do every couple of years but just small ones where they get it all out there and they don't keep anything in. If my mom is mad at my dad my dad knows exactly why she is mad at him.
They also compromise and they found a interest that they both enjoy even though for awhile I thought it was annoying!lol

my love is 100% unconditional to my beautiful wife.

as long as she keeps giving me some , and cooks for me...if no the bitch has got to go!!!

yeah, you can tell my wife doesn't read these boards

:)

A dog or a cat, a pet, will love you unconditionally. Humans, I just don't think it's possible for them. We think too much. Whether or not anyone would be candid enough to admit it, we have conditions.

How to hold on to love? If it's true love, you shouldn't have to hold on to it. It will remain on it's own accord. If it's not true love, sooner or later something will ruin it because it was weak to begin with.

i disagree on human nature lacking in being capable to love unconditionally, under certain conditions! :D

i disagree on human nature lacking in being capable to love unconditionally, under certain conditions! :D

It's alright to disagree... even though you agreed, 'under certain conditions'... :)

Forum List

Back