October Non-Surprise: Unemployment at 10%, Gallup!

9.2%, 9.6% or 10%, it is all a bad situation made worse by poor planning, timing and implementation by this adminstration. Perhaps we should repeal the tax break for the rich, but offer a nice credit for them if they create a job? Seems like most of the "created" government jobs run as about $62,000 for a job that pays much less than that. A $20,000 tax credit could save a lot.

It won't work if government is still standing on your neck and making demands about health care coverage and other work related issues and on the brink of raising your taxes through the roof.

No one has proposed raising taxes on the poor or middle class, Revere. All that has been suggested is that temporary tax breaks for the rich be allowed to expire, as we cannot afford to gift them $700 Billion at this time.

As for health care, I'd like someone to explain to me how the Obamacare law will drive up the costs of employing an additional worker for businesses. Seems to me it has the opposite effect, as risk is spread and therefore, premium costs should stabilize.

Middle Class tax cuts are a lie.

If they weren't they would have been passed 20 years ago.

Liberals promise "middle class tax cuts" and I have YET to see one EVER passed.

Do you really think after almost 20 YEARS of LYING about "middle class tax cuts" we are going to fall for that tired old lie now?

And what do you mean "give them" $700 Billion? As IF it's the government's money?????????

It's NOT the government's money. The government didn't earn it! The hubris and arrogance of liberals!

And how will Obamacare drive up the costs?

It's already happening! Costs are being driven up, coverage being dropped and it's ALL BY DESIGN.

Obama said in 2002 his goal was single payer. He can't have that as long as insurance companies are insuring everyone. He has to make it so expensive for them, enough people are dropped and forced to beg the government for a solution.

Viola! Single Payer.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What policies will the incoming TEA PARTY candidates (who will all be just happen to also be Republicans, of course) do that will rapidly bring down unemployment?

Serious question.

I'm very curious what you think they'll do that will change the economic morass we're in.

Please be specific when explaining what legislation you think they'll help pass that will change the course this nation is on economically and rapidly alter the employment statistics.

Like Omg like, serious question N stuff.. Like uhmm, what did like Umm Obama and the Dem congress do with their like huge big plan to fix the economy n stuff, yeah?

Let me break it down for you... SHRINK GOVERNMENT. That’s the Fing PLAN MAN. When Government shrinks you can lower taxes or at least create certainty in the markets. Currently business people have no idea what to plan for because all they see is more government and that means higher taxes.

No no, I get that it's beyond you.

Thinks will in fact get worse before they get better, the funny part is that it's the same truth under Obama and teh Dems... The difference of course is Obama wants to put the country in as much debt as possible before it all falls apart.

I'm all for shrinking government, Avorysuds. Which departments would you close? Which Tea Party candidate has a list of federal programs that can go?

How about we start with Obama's Czars????

What policies will the incoming TEA PARTY candidates (who will all be just happen to also be Republicans, of course) do that will rapidly bring down unemployment?

Serious question.

I'm very curious what you think they'll do that will change the economic morass we're in.

Please be specific when explaining what legislation you think they'll help pass that will change the course this nation is on economically and rapidly alter the employment statistics.

Like Omg like, serious question N stuff.. Like uhmm, what did like Umm Obama and the Dem congress do with their like huge big plan to fix the economy n stuff, yeah?

Let me break it down for you... SHRINK GOVERNMENT. That’s the Fing PLAN MAN. When Government shrinks you can lower taxes or at least create certainty in the markets. Currently business people have no idea what to plan for because all they see is more government and that means higher taxes.

No no, I get that it's beyond you.

Thinks will in fact get worse before they get better, the funny part is that it's the same truth under Obama and teh Dems... The difference of course is Obama wants to put the country in as much debt as possible before it all falls apart.

I'm all for shrinking government, Avorysuds. Which departments would you close? Which Tea Party candidate has a list of federal programs that can go?

You do understand that the tea parties aren't a 'political party,' right? Just like the patriots didn't agree on many issues, including 'big ones' like slavery. It's the core principles that resonate, not necessarily the best means to get there.

Go talk to people that agree that government is intrusive, too big, too cumbersome, wasteful. Then ask what 'they' think. It will differ, that's really where debates should come in. Up until now, actually even now, both major parties disagree with all of the above.

No one has proposed raising taxes on the poor or middle class, Revere. All that has been suggested is that temporary tax breaks for the rich be allowed to expire, as we cannot afford to gift them $700 Billion at this time.

As for health care, I'd like someone to explain to me how the Obamacare law will drive up the costs of employing an additional worker for businesses. Seems to me it has the opposite effect, as risk is spread and therefore, premium costs should stabilize.

Those entering the healthcare market as new employees will most likely be those who have not had coverage recently. That mean pent up demand for health care services. Another possibility is the person might be high risk and represents a high cost to the insurer. Young people, your potential net profit customers, do not see the risk in opting out of coverage.

I think we'll have to wait and see what actually happens. The young people I know are very interested in affordable health insurance, saveliberty.

Oh yeah????????

And Obama promises that?????

Like he promised all these jobs????????

Yeah we know we can depend on what Obama says don't we??

madeline.. The only one to bring up "deregulation" was you. You attempted to assign that meaning to the t's post that said..congress should get out of businesses way. Congress getting out of the way does not equal deregulation. The basic premise of the thread to that point was that the uncertainty of what the government is doing is leading business to pull back. Try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the damned thread based on your misunderstanding.

^100%

Okie dokie, then may I hear which Tea Party candidate has a plan for economic recovery, apart from "get government out of business' way"? If that phrase is not meant to reference deregulation, then what? Is it just bullshit sloganeering?

And for some reason deregulation scares the crap out of Madelbrain.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9.2%, 9.6% or 10%, it is all a bad situation made worse by poor planning, timing and implementation by this adminstration. Perhaps we should repeal the tax break for the rich, but offer a nice credit for them if they create a job? Seems like most of the "created" government jobs run as about $62,000 for a job that pays much less than that. A $20,000 tax credit could save a lot.

saveliberty, is it your view we would not have had a recession if McCain had been elected?

McCain lost, Obama won. We're nearly two years in. The race card doesn't work. The blame Bush card doesn't work. The media card doesn't work. The blame the ignorant masses is just pissing them off. So Madeline, real suggestions for your leader?

Well you notice liberals can't be "specific" on Obama.

We are supposed to just trust him as our Messiah.

No it's only the Tea Party that has to be specific.

Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi tells us we have to pass the healthcare bill to even know what's in it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

madeline.. The only one to bring up "deregulation" was you. You attempted to assign that meaning to the t's post that said..congress should get out of businesses way. Congress getting out of the way does not equal deregulation. The basic premise of the thread to that point was that the uncertainty of what the government is doing is leading business to pull back. Try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the damned thread based on your misunderstanding.

^100%

Okie dokie, then may I hear which Tea Party candidate has a plan for economic recovery, apart from "get government out of business' way"? If that phrase is not meant to reference deregulation, then what? Is it just bullshit sloganeering?

Your inability to understand that phrase is why I mentioned your apparent lack of business ownership experience. Since you seem unable to 'get it" on your own, accept the example of government getting IN the way of business.

The healthcare bill contains a provision that demands that businesses now must file a 1099 form to any person or business that they purchase $600.00 worth of good or services from each year. That requirement is a fucking nightmare for businesses, especially small businesses, to try to meet. And what makes it worse is that the IRS does not even have the resources to track and correlate the millions of 1099's that must now be filed. It was a stupid provision that most of the morons that voted for Obamacare now claim they didn't know was in there.

Does that make it more clear for you?

Easy. Keep the Bush tax cuts. Add an additional 10% across the board tax rate decrease.

Undo Obama care, say cap & trade is dead.

Those entering the healthcare market as new employees will most likely be those who have not had coverage recently. That mean pent up demand for health care services. Another possibility is the person might be high risk and represents a high cost to the insurer. Young people, your potential net profit customers, do not see the risk in opting out of coverage.

I think we'll have to wait and see what actually happens. The young people I know are very interested in affordable health insurance, saveliberty.

Really? So why is it so many recent grads go without health insurance but buy a car or rent an apartment? They are playing odds, of course they don't think that, but indeed is what they are doing. They are waiting for that full time job, with benefits. Of course, now they only have to wait for Uncle Sam.

Your inability to understand that phrase is why I mentioned your apparent lack of business ownership experience. Since you seem unable to 'get it" on your own, accept the example of government getting IN the way of business.

The healthcare bill contains a provision that demands that businesses now must file a 1099 form to any person or business that they purchase $600.00 worth of good or services from each year. That requirement is a fucking nightmare for businesses, especially small businesses, to try to meet. And what makes it worse is that the IRS does not even have the resources to track and correlate the millions of 1099's that must now be filed. It was a stupid provision that most of the morons that voted for Obamacare now claim they didn't know was in there.

Does that make it more clear for you?

I agree, that provision is burdensome and pointless, Vel. So your thought is, eliminate unduly burdensome regulations and laws applicable to business? Who could argue with that?

Especially for small businesses; what the line between small and not-small should be is almost immaterial, but small businesses should have a lower compliance cost if possible. Which Tea Party candidate do you think espouses this and how do they plan to carry out that initiative?

Do you think such an effort all by itself will bring about economic recovery? And if not, what other steps do you support?

This isn't a surprise to me. This Administration has consistently lied about the Unemployment Rate. The real Unemployment Rate is much much higher than their 9.6% number. It's all lies coming from this Administration. They've been cooking the books since day one. The real Unemployment Rate is well up into double digits. Look for them to claim the rate is going down right before November 2nd. Desperate times for the Democrats. Make 2010 count people.

Really? So why is it so many recent grads go without health insurance but buy a car or rent an apartment? They are playing odds, of course they don't think that, but indeed is what they are doing. They are waiting for that full time job, with benefits. Of course, now they only have to wait for Uncle Sam.

Young people do that because at present, the cost of individual coverage for a healthy young adult in my area is about $1,000 a month. If it were instead, say, $400, fewer would roll the dice.

Young people do that because at present, the cost of individual coverage for a healthy young adult in my area is about $1,000 a month. If it were instead, say, $400, fewer would roll the dice.

Can you link me to these new "affordable" rates? Last I heard, Congress and the President expected the rates to continue up, just at a slower rate.

This isn't a surprise to me. This Administration has consistently lied about the Unemployment Rate. The real Unemployment Rate is much much higher than their 9.6% number. It's all lies coming from this Administration. They've been cooking the books since day one. The real Unemployment Rate is well up into double digits. Look for them to claim the rate is going down right before November 2nd. Desperate times for the Democrats. Make 2010 count people.

So your theory is, Obama is fiddling the books at BLS? Is he also fiddling them at Gallop? Lay off the paranoia bullshit, LibocalypseNow.

You can't make everyone rich. You can make everyone poor.

When liberals talk about social justice and economic equality, they mean shared poverty--except for themselves.

The elite will still live in luxury, it's only us proles that will live in poverty.

^Exactly. And interesting these problems with the 'poor' still permiate our society? And nothing Government has done has rid us of the problem...but has created more problems...

You'd think that after a century or so? They'd look elsewhare for a solution? Ain't happening until the people remove the Elitists out of government...and I mean wrest their control and put it back to where it belongs per the US Constitution...

The Government and the elitists forget their place...as they continue to remind us peons that we forget ours? Just watch and listen to Obama and the Statists tell the people that they're 'misguided' and therefore stupid.

We are about to cash in their CLUE tokens in November. FIRE THEM ALL.

The war on poverty was a war on the poor! To keep them poor and keep them voting Democrat for fear they will lose their benefits. That was it's only purpose.

Funny and hypocritical that liberals want to whine about how much was spent in Iraq, but they will never examine how much has been spent in the "war on poverty."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

“The Great Society rests on abundance and liberty for all. It demands an end to poverty and racial injustice, to which we are totally committed in our time.”

—President Lyndon Baines Johnson, May 22, 1964​

Lyndon B. Johnson delivered his first State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. With a rousing call to action, he declared an “all-out war on human poverty,” asserting that this session of Congress would do more for civil rights “than the last hundred sessions combined.” Using language generally reserved for America’s resolve to defeat foreign enemies, President Johnson dedicated the nation to combating the internal enemy of poverty: “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America. I urge this Congress and all Americans to join me in that effort.” Franklin D. Roosevelt, a mentor of Johnson, had created the New Deal. For a man of Johnson’s imagination and ambition, that goal, lofty as it was, was still not aimed high enough. Johnson proposed more than a new deal, he proposed a “great society,” one that would bring the opportunity for peace, health, and economic security to all Americans, regardless of age, sex, or race.​

Today the Federal Government has 59 major welfare programs and spends more than $100 billion a year on them. What has all this money done? Well, too often it has only made poverty harder to escape. Federal welfare programs have created a massive social problem. With the best of intentions, government created a poverty trap that wreaks havoc on the very support system the poor need most to lift themselves out of poverty: the family. Dependency has become the one enduring heirloom, passed from one generation to the next, of too many fragmented families.​

Put another 'Program' on the list for Obamacare...that will make MORE dependent on Mommy/Daddy Government...​

And of course they've waged war on families as a matter of course by policy...​

Still, in 2004 we have 37 million poor Americans among us.

How many more NOW with the unemployment rate and increased numbers of citizens on the dole from then?​

There's more to this in the link below...but you get the point? We increase spending...it gets worse...But hey? THEY know better than us...??

The private sector can handle the safety net...they always have...until government put them under scrutiny as well and discouraged it.​

I again restate? Government needs to get out of our way...and people themselves need to be responsible for thier choices...rather than making others pay the freight...We are where are precisely due to government intervention going back several decades...but yet? The same complaints still ring even louder.​

War On Poverty? Great Society? Hardly...Try War On Liberty and the individual, must I mention responsibility?

Time to really change attitudes lest we get more SOSDD.

ARTICLE SOURCE <<Human Events

Last edited:

Really? My son was offered major medical coverage for less than $95 a month, with $500 deductible. He could have afforded it, chose not to. Same with all of his friends, ALL OF THEM. They are now all insured, through employers. Yes, it took 6-12 months, but all now have full time jobs. They've all had new cars from 3 weeks after graduation, off of part time jobs. Choices, choices.

Can you link me to these new "affordable" rates? Last I heard, Congress and the President expected the rates to continue up, just at a slower rate.

No, I cannot. Try asking Greenbeard; he's very well versed in insurance rates issues.

Really? My son was offered major medical coverage for less than $95 a month, with $500 deductible. He could have afforded it, chose not to. Same with all of his friends, ALL OF THEM. They are now all insured, through employers. Yes, it took 6-12 months, but all now have full time jobs. They've all had new cars from 3 weeks after graduation, off of part time jobs. Choices, choices.

Who offered insurance at $95 a month? That's a fire sale price. It is regrettable your son didn't make better choices, Annie.....my kid would have, and so would her friends. Mebbe it's a boy thing.

BTW, happy to hear all the kids you love now have FT jobs....that's a rare feat these days. Your son must be very on the ball in at least some important ways.

Last edited:

Who offered insurance at $5 a month? That's a fire sale price. It is regrettable your son didn't make better choices, Annie.....my kid would have, and so would her friends. Mebbe it's a boy thing.

BTW, happy to hear all the kids you love now have FT jobs....that's a rare feat these days. Your son must be very on the ball in at least some important ways..

Reading problems?
$95 a month
see above. Yes, all of these kids are 'on the ball.' LOL!

So your theory is, Obama is fiddling the books at BLS? Is he also fiddling them at Gallop? Lay off the paranoia bullshit, LibocalypseNow.

I don't blame Obama specifically for the under reporting of unemployed. All people under retirement age and not disabled without a job should be included in the unemplyment numbers in my opinion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back