October Non-Surprise: Unemployment at 10%, Gallup!

What policies will the incoming TEA PARTY candidates (who will all be just happen to also be Republicans, of course) do that will rapidly bring down unemployment?

Serious question.

I'm very curious what you think they'll do that will change the economic morass we're in.

Please be specific when explaining what legislation you think they'll help pass that will change the course this nation is on economically and rapidly alter the employment statistics.

1. Pull the troops out of the ME
2. Cut 20 percent out of defense, welfare, education
3. 20 percent reduction in entitlements
4. Start slapping higher tariffs on imports, this would A-possibly encourage us to start producing again OR B-if we don't start producing take the tariff taxes to start paying our debt.
5. Our budget is fubared right now. We need to set a 3, 5, 10 year goal towards balancing it and work towards that goal.
6. Raise taxes by 1 percent in every bracket for 4 years. This goes against everything I believe but if we had good faith that the govt could do without ie defense cuts, welfare cuts, education cuts, then I'd be willing to work towards getting our budget in place.

This is what I would do.

There is so much wrong here, but it's for another thread.

Pulling the troops out of the ME would only result in what pulling troops out of Somalia did and that was 9/11.

Raising taxes harms an economy it does not help.

And raising tarriffs is an ESPECIALLY bad idea. Look up the history of the Smoot/Hawly tarriff tax and I can tell you how I think it not only made the great depression what it is, it also started the Nazis down the disasterous path of taking over Europe.

Bad ideas all around.

What policies will the incoming TEA PARTY candidates (who will all be just happen to also be Republicans, of course) do that will rapidly bring down unemployment?

Serious question.

I'm very curious what you think they'll do that will change the economic morass we're in.

Please be specific when explaining what legislation you think they'll help pass that will change the course this nation is on economically and rapidly alter the employment statistics.

4. Start slapping higher tariffs on imports, this would A-possibly encourage us to start producing again OR B-if we don't start producing take the tariff taxes to start paying our debt.
5. Our budget is fubared right now. We need to set a 3, 5, 10 year goal towards balancing it and work towards that goal.
6. Raise taxes by 1 percent in every bracket for 4 years. This goes against everything I believe but if we had good faith that the govt could do without ie defense cuts, welfare cuts, education cuts, then I'd be willing to work towards getting our budget in place.

This is what I would do.

Pulling the troops out of the ME would only result in what pulling troops out of Somalia did and that was 9/11.

And raising tarriffs is an ESPECIALLY bad idea. Look up the history of the Smoot/Hawly tarriff tax and I can tell you how I think it not only made the great depression what it is, it also started the Nazis down the disasterous path of taking over Europe.

Bad ideas all around.

I prefer a flat tax or no tax at all. You'll get no argument from me that raising taxes is bad for the economy. That's exactly why I gave it a limit. However, if we're going to get serious about our budget then heads need to be rolling everywhere and I'm talking massive reductions in government across the board including discretionary and entitlement spending. What are your solutions? It's easy to crap on everything but much harder to come up with working solutions.

Last edited:
Obama only cares about his revolution. He has said that.
If everyone is poor, everyone is equal.

Spreading Misery Equally...

You can't make everyone rich. You can make everyone poor.

When liberals talk about social justice and economic equality, they mean shared poverty--except for themselves.

The elite will still live in luxury, it's only us proles that will live in poverty.

^Exactly. And interesting these problems with the 'poor' still permiate our society? And nothing Government has done has rid us of the problem...but has created more problems...

You'd think that after a century or so? They'd look elsewhare for a solution? Ain't happening until the people remove the Elitists out of government...and I mean wrest their control and put it back to where it belongs per the US Constitution...

The Government and the elitists forget their place...as they continue to remind us peons that we forget ours? Just watch and listen to Obama and the Statists tell the people that they're 'misguided' and therefore stupid.

We are about to cash in their CLUE tokens in November. FIRE THEM ALL.

9.2%, 9.6% or 10%, it is all a bad situation made worse by poor planning, timing and implementation by this adminstration. Perhaps we should repeal the tax break for the rich, but offer a nice credit for them if they create a job? Seems like most of the "created" government jobs run as about $62,000 for a job that pays much less than that. A $20,000 tax credit could save a lot.

saveliberty, is it your view we would not have had a recession if McCain had been elected?

You make it obvious that you don't run your own business.

I see; only business owners are supposed to ask about economic recovery? Well, I am retired but when I do work, it is for myself, Vel. It has been that way for years.

Care to try a different card, since the elitist one did not work?

If you truly have worked for yourself them you would understand that business owners need stability in order to grow their business. And where did I say that only business owners were able to ASK about economic recovery? Why don't you quit trying to change the meaning of what others post by projecting your limited understanding as their meaning?

I'm curious to hear you explain how deregulation will foster economic recovery, Vel. I'm all ears. IMO, the current recession was caused in large part by deregulation or shabby enforcement of still-extant regulations. But please, enlighten me.

Want some gulf shrimp for lunch whilst we natter?

9.2%, 9.6% or 10%, it is all a bad situation made worse by poor planning, timing and implementation by this adminstration. Perhaps we should repeal the tax break for the rich, but offer a nice credit for them if they create a job? Seems like most of the "created" government jobs run as about $62,000 for a job that pays much less than that. A $20,000 tax credit could save a lot.

It won't work if government is still standing on your neck and making demands about health care coverage and other work related issues and on the brink of raising your taxes through the roof.

No one has proposed raising taxes on the poor or middle class, Revere. All that has been suggested is that temporary tax breaks for the rich be allowed to expire, as we cannot afford to gift them $700 Billion at this time.

As for health care, I'd like someone to explain to me how the Obamacare law will drive up the costs of employing an additional worker for businesses. Seems to me it has the opposite effect, as risk is spread and therefore, premium costs should stabilize.

Serious question.

Like Omg like, serious question N stuff.. Like uhmm, what did like Umm Obama and the Dem congress do with their like huge big plan to fix the economy n stuff, yeah?

Let me break it down for you... SHRINK GOVERNMENT. That’s the Fing PLAN MAN. When Government shrinks you can lower taxes or at least create certainty in the markets. Currently business people have no idea what to plan for because all they see is more government and that means higher taxes.

No no, I get that it's beyond you.

Thinks will in fact get worse before they get better, the funny part is that it's the same truth under Obama and teh Dems... The difference of course is Obama wants to put the country in as much debt as possible before it all falls apart.

I'm all for shrinking government, Avorysuds. Which departments would you close? Which Tea Party candidate has a list of federal programs that can go?

I see; only business owners are supposed to ask about economic recovery? Well, I am retired but when I do work, it is for myself, Vel. It has been that way for years.

If you truly have worked for yourself them you would understand that business owners need stability in order to grow their business. And where did I say that only business owners were able to ASK about economic recovery? Why don't you quit trying to change the meaning of what others post by projecting your limited understanding as their meaning?

I'm curious to hear you explain how deregulation will foster economic recovery, Vel. I'm all ears. IMO, the current recession was caused in large part by deregulation or shabby enforcement of still-extant regulations. But please, enlighten me.

Madeline.. The only one to bring up "deregulation" was you. You attempted to assign that meaning to The T's post that said..Congress should get out of businesses way. Congress getting out of the way does not equal deregulation. The basic premise of the thread to that point was that the uncertainty of what the government is doing is leading business to pull back. Try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the damned thread based on your misunderstanding.

No one has proposed raising taxes on the poor or middle class, Revere. All that has been suggested is that temporary tax breaks for the rich be allowed to expire, as we cannot afford to gift them $700 Billion at this time.

As for health care, I'd like someone to explain to me how the Obamacare law will drive up the costs of employing an additional worker for businesses. Seems to me it has the opposite effect, as risk is spread and therefore, premium costs should stabilize.

Those entering the healthcare market as new employees will most likely be those who have not had coverage recently. That mean pent up demand for health care services. Another possibility is the person might be high risk and represents a high cost to the insurer. Young people, your potential net profit customers, do not see the risk in opting out of coverage.

if you truly have worked for yourself them you would understand that business owners need stability in order to grow their business. And where did i say that only business owners were able to ask about economic recovery? Why don't you quit trying to change the meaning of what others post by projecting your limited understanding as their meaning?

i'm curious to hear you explain how deregulation will foster economic recovery, vel. I'm all ears. Imo, the current recession was caused in large part by deregulation or shabby enforcement of still-extant regulations. But please, enlighten me.

want some gulf shrimp for lunch whilst we natter?

madeline.. The only one to bring up "deregulation" was you. You attempted to assign that meaning to the t's post that said..congress should get out of businesses way. Congress getting out of the way does not equal deregulation. The basic premise of the thread to that point was that the uncertainty of what the government is doing is leading business to pull back. Try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the damned thread based on your misunderstanding.

^100%

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Those entering the healthcare market as new employees will most likely be those who have not had coverage recently. That mean pent up demand for health care services. Another possibility is the person might be high risk and represents a high cost to the insurer. Young people, your potential net profit customers, do not see the risk in opting out of coverage.

I think we'll have to wait and see what actually happens. The young people I know are very interested in affordable health insurance, saveliberty.

i'm curious to hear you explain how deregulation will foster economic recovery, vel. I'm all ears. Imo, the current recession was caused in large part by deregulation or shabby enforcement of still-extant regulations. But please, enlighten me.

want some gulf shrimp for lunch whilst we natter?

madeline.. The only one to bring up "deregulation" was you. You attempted to assign that meaning to the t's post that said..congress should get out of businesses way. Congress getting out of the way does not equal deregulation. The basic premise of the thread to that point was that the uncertainty of what the government is doing is leading business to pull back. Try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the damned thread based on your misunderstanding.

^100%

Okie dokie, then may I hear which Tea Party candidate has a plan for economic recovery, apart from "get government out of business' way"? If that phrase is not meant to reference deregulation, then what? Is it just bullshit sloganeering?

This is what I would do.

Bad ideas all around.

I prefer a flat tax or no tax at all. You'll get no argument from me that raising taxes is bad for the economy. That's exactly why I gave it a limit. However, if we're going to get serious about our budget then heads need to be rolling everywhere and I'm talking massive reductions in government across the board including discretionary and entitlement spending. What are your solutions? It's easy to crap on everything but much harder to come up with working solutions.

A) Tax hikes are NEVER temporary. They remain until a future admin cuts them.

B) Flax tax is fine, but it will NEVER happen. There is too much money coming in from tax lawyers alone to get enough people elected for that pipe dream.

As for solutions, I have one right on top as number one. STOP OBAMA! That's number one!

Then we can deal with cutting taxes and deciding what spending must be cut. Until Obama is stopped, all the rest is an exercise in futility.

^100%

Okie dokie, then may I hear which Tea Party candidate has a plan for economic recovery, apart from "get government out of business' way"? If that phrase is not meant to reference deregulation, then what? Is it just bullshit sloganeering?

Maddie? There have been plans all over the place. Thing is? The Statist Democrats have squashed them all in the Congress. Google is your friend.

Spreading Misery Equally...

You can't make everyone rich. You can make everyone poor.

When liberals talk about social justice and economic equality, they mean shared poverty--except for themselves.

The elite will still live in luxury, it's only us proles that will live in poverty.

^Exactly. And interesting these problems with the 'poor' still permiate our society? And nothing Government has done has rid us of the problem...but has created more problems...

You'd think that after a century or so? They'd look elsewhare for a solution? Ain't happening until the people remove the Elitists out of government...and I mean wrest their control and put it back to where it belongs per the US Constitution...

The Government and the elitists forget their place...as they continue to remind us peons that we forget ours? Just watch and listen to Obama and the Statists tell the people that they're 'misguided' and therefore stupid.

We are about to cash in their CLUE tokens in November. FIRE THEM ALL.

The war on poverty was a war on the poor! To keep them poor and keep them voting Democrat for fear they will lose their benefits. That was it's only purpose.

Funny and hypocritical that liberals want to whine about how much was spent in Iraq, but they will never examine how much has been spent in the "war on poverty."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Stop the spending" meaning what, Annie?

Have you met an Obama proposal that wouldn't cost more? So definitely means stopping more spending. I don't hold out much hope for repealing anything already done, others do. I do think there are many areas begging for cuts, starting with entitlements. I don't expect that to happen with this president though.

So you think the economy will recover if the poor lose enough benefits?

What benefits are you speaking about for the poor? Madeline, which entitlements are you referring to?

saveliberty, is it your view we would not have had a recession if McCain had been elected?

McCain voted against the Porkulus. That's what indication of what would have been different.

There won't be any job creation until Obamacare is repealed.

your one of the dumbest newbs, jobs are already being created. Don't let fact get in the way of a good tea bagger rant.:lol:

Yeah sooooooooooooo many jobs are being created unemployment is up to 10%! :D

Liberals always did fight against the overly obvious.

And then they wonder why they are sinking in the polls.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, looking just at private non-farm payrolls (to avoid the effects of Census hiring and government cutbacks), at the beginning of the recession there were 115,574,000 jobs. By Dec 2009 that shrunk to 107,107,000, a loss of 8,467,000 jobs. But by Sep 2010 it's back up to 107,970,000: a gain of 863,000 since Dec 2009, making it 7,604,000 down from pre-recession. So private jobs are coming back, but slowly and with fewer hours and more temp jobs.

As usual, both sides are partly right...yes jobs are being gained, no, not good jobs or quickly.

Madelbrain you defeat your own argument.

The oil spill is a great example of the defects IN regulation.

The Deep Water spill happened BECAUSE IT WAS A DEEP WATER SPILL.

Because of REGULATION they aren't allowed to drill for oil closer inland where stopping such a spill would be simply turning off a shut off valve in a few feet of water or even above water.

Because they are forced to drill in deep water, the shut off valve is hundreds of feet down in DEEP WATER.

This is another example of how you have NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT and simply go along with Obama because you "feel" he is in the right.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

McCain lost, Obama won. We're nearly two years in. The race card doesn't work. The blame Bush card doesn't work. The media card doesn't work. The blame the ignorant masses is just pissing them off. So Madeline, real suggestions for your leader?

Forum List

Back