October 11th, 2016 another failed media prediction

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
More than likely the "experts" were lying.

Donald Trump has a big promise for the U.S. economy: 4% growth.
No chance, say 11 economists surveyed by CNNMoney. And a paper published Tuesday by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco backs them up.

"No, pigs do not fly," says Robert Brusca, senior economist at FAO Economics, a research firm. "Donald Trump is dreaming."

Trump promises 4% growth. Economists say no way.

Last edited:

No chance, say 11 economists surveyed by CNNMoney. And a paper published Tuesday by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco backs them up.

"No, pigs do not fly," says Robert Brusca, senior economist at FAO Economics, a research firm. "Donald Trump is dreaming."

This was only for a quarter. For the year, it would be outstanding if he got over 3.5%. I believe him backtracking on auto tariffs without substantial concessions from Canada and Mexico is the big difference and possibly a mistake. I'm not inherently for tariffs, but only those nations who operate in good faith with America should be immune from them. At least 170K in the auto industry would have returned if he applied said tariffs.

I suppose time will tell...

Last edited:

The 4.1% is for the second quarter, the first was 2.2%. Time will tell what the 3rd and 4th Qtr. will bring. In fact the 4.1% is not official, the official % will be released on Aug 29th.

• Banned

This was only for a quarter. For the year, it would be outstanding if he got over 3.5%. I believe him backtracking on auto tariffs without substantial concessions from Canada and Mexico is the big different. I'm not for tariffs, but only those nations who operate in good faith with America should be immune from them. At least 170K in the auto industry would have returned if he applied said tariffs.

Perhaps you might realize the year is not over?

The 4.1% is for the second quarter, the first was 2.2%. Time will tell what the 3rd and 4th Qtr. will bring. In fact the 4.1% is not official, the official % will be released on Aug 29th.
Yet the liars at CNN said it would never happen and is has. I'm so sorry you hate America so much. Why don't you get out?

This was only for a quarter. For the year, it would be outstanding if he got over 3.5%. I believe him backtracking on auto tariffs without substantial concessions from Canada and Mexico is the big different. I'm not for tariffs, but only those nations who operate in good faith with America should be immune from them. At least 170K in the auto industry would have returned if he applied said tariffs.

Yet the liars at CNN said it would never happen and is has. I'm so sorry you hate America so much. Why don't you get out?

That's not a LIE, dipshit. It was a prediction. A lie is easily spotted, each time Trump speaks and says, "believe me", with his tiny hand held high. It's his tell.

As a Canadian his ancestors done did that.

• Banned

That's not a LIE, dipshit. It was a prediction. A lie is easily spotted, each time Trump speaks and says, "believe me", with his tiny hand held high. It's his tell.
Lies to influence an election, PERIOD.

Plus the CBO said that the POTUS tax cuts would be paid for with at least 6%.

Off topic, this is about economics, not the Trump Crime Family.

Off topic, this is about economics, not the Trump Crime Family.
No this is about media liars trying to influence an election.

Weren't we supposed to be in a depression by now?

Weren't we supposed to be in a depression by now?
No we were. And every credible Economist said it would take 10 years to dig out.

You guys can bandy Trumps GDP number around all you want but I’m hunkered down for that market collapse from which we might never recover, as promised by New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize in “Economic Sciences” winner Paul Krugman. I mean the guy’s got Yale, Princeton, MIT, London School of Economics, etc., etc. in his impressive liberal puke background and that’s enough for me by golly!

Forum List

Back