O’connell; “thanks for working with us.”

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
O’CONNELL; “THANKS FOR WORKING WITH US.”

O’Donnell thanked Obama for “working” with them? Like he had a choice? Is that what a “blackmailing arm twisting strong arm shake down” is called now days?

Maybe we should use the same “working technique” and compromise with the Taliban. This was a simple case of “if you don’t give us what we want, we are going to bury you and the country with you“Working with us” is a mafia style “our way or the highway gang. That’s terrorism republican style.

The President showed an amazing lack of spine in dealing with the Republicans. A little more of this and there will be a Democratic candidate for President in 2012 that will not be Obama.

Because politically trying to pass two variations of the bush tax cuts knowing it wouldn't be passed by the repubs so the Dems could say "Repubs want to raise your taxes" is any different then your so called "black mailing/arm twisting".

Give me a break.

Well filibusters cut both ways. And I am hoping that there's at least one Democratic Senator with a spine.

I've written both of mine.

O’Donnell thanked Obama for “working” with them? Like he had a choice? Is that what a “blackmailing arm twisting strong arm shake down” is called now days?

Maybe we should use the same “working technique” and compromise with the Taliban. This was a simple case of “if you don’t give us what we want, we are going to bury you and the country with you“Working with us” is a mafia style “our way or the highway gang. That’s terrorism republican style.

sounds to me like Mitch was being tactful and respectful.

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

By JONATHAN MARTIN & CAROL E. LEE | 1/23/09 1:25 PM EDT
Updated: 1/24/09 12:37 AM EDT

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

snip-
But perhaps taking a cue from Obama’s “I won” line when Democrats were asked if they were concerned about Republicans blocking the package, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had a swift one-word answer: “No.”

Obama to GOP: 'I won' - Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Well filibusters cut both ways. And I am hoping that there's at least one Democratic Senator with a spine.

I guess this would be the start of the domocratic party becoming the party of "NO". :eusa_eh:

Or the party of fiscal responsibility.

Someone should pick up that flag again, no?

It's been in the mud for far to long.
Party of fiscal responsibility? No, that's not it, they had their chance at that for the last 4 years, and have shown none. Having said that, neither has the republicans.

Dimwits don't have spines. But they do have good plastic surgens, look at pelosi:)

I guess this would be the start of the domocratic party becoming the party of "NO". :eusa_eh:

Or the party of fiscal responsibility.

Someone should pick up that flag again, no?

It's been in the mud for far to long.
Since when has the dimwits been the party of fiscal responsibility? Look at all the spending they have pushed through in the last two years. Idiots!!!

That's odd...you supported that style of governance when it was Democrats doing the strong-arming, didn't you?

Forum List

Back