Obomination: Gas Prices Soar Faster Than News Can Report It...

Since when is a 2% increase considered "soaring" ?

Considering when obama took office gas was 1.89 and now it's 3.75 where I live yes I would call that soaring

If gas was 1.89, it wasn't for very long. The oil companies lowered the price for a little while for fear Pelosi/Reed and Obama would do something about their gouging.

And I recall gas going up to over $4 in 2007. Do you Republicans forget about that? What did Bush do? Nothing and it helped create the Great Recession Obama is getting us out of.

And not the Oil companies are back trying it again? Yea, Mitt or Santorum will solve this problem. Drill baby Drill is not a solution. It is a lie the GOP keeps pushing. They sell our oil on the open market. They don't sell it to us for cheap. Demand is down in America. So much for Supply and Demand Economics.

LOL The supply is in question...

Maybe you dont follow world events.

How about a little history?

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4331-gv022312dapr20120223054527.jpg

OWN IT

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read.

Actually it is what Ben Franklin said.

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. St. Monday and St. Tuesday, will soon cease to be holidays. Six days shalt thou labor, though one of the old commandments long treated as out of date, will again be looked upon as a respectable precept; industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them." - Letter to Peter Collinson, May 9, 1753

Read more: Ben Franklin Quotes from his prime years

He was wrong and arrogant for what he said. And a true elitist. America is great because for our weakest, we have safety nets like Welfare. To not have them would be a sin.

And maybe back then there was a lot of opportunity. Today there is 1 job for every 5 people looking.

I'm all for weeding out welfare abuse. But that is a very small percentage of the cost of welfare.

So you know more than Ben Franklin...... Well get your ass to congress they need your help. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Considering when obama took office gas was 1.89 and now it's 3.75 where I live yes I would call that soaring

If gas was 1.89, it wasn't for very long. The oil companies lowered the price for a little while for fear Pelosi/Reed and Obama would do something about their gouging.

And I recall gas going up to over $4 in 2007. Do you Republicans forget about that? What did Bush do? Nothing and it helped create the Great Recession Obama is getting us out of.

And not the Oil companies are back trying it again? Yea, Mitt or Santorum will solve this problem. Drill baby Drill is not a solution. It is a lie the GOP keeps pushing. They sell our oil on the open market. They don't sell it to us for cheap. Demand is down in America. So much for Supply and Demand Economics.

What did Bush do? He opened up all the drilling possibilities that Obama is now trying to take credit for....... Do try the facts for a change..........

If gas was 1.89, it wasn't for very long.

You are correct it didn't stay there for long it went UP
ch.gaschart

In the image you will see what gas cost if you look at 2008 and the sharp drop, that was when Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling. Have a great day.

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read.

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. St. Monday and St. Tuesday, will soon cease to be holidays. Six days shalt thou labor, though one of the old commandments long treated as out of date, will again be looked upon as a respectable precept; industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them." - Letter to Peter Collinson, May 9, 1753

He was wrong and arrogant for what he said. And a true elitist. America is great because for our weakest, we have safety nets like Welfare. To not have them would be a sin.

And maybe back then there was a lot of opportunity. Today there is 1 job for every 5 people looking.

I'm all for weeding out welfare abuse. But that is a very small percentage of the cost of welfare.

Thank you NAFTA

ch.gaschart

In the image you will see what gas cost if you look at 2008 and the sharp drop, that was when Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling. Have a great day.

You don't seem to understand. The they don't pass on the savings to you because of any offshore drilling. If they gave you a little break for a little while and say its because of offshore drilling, I say bullshit. And what did it lower prices to? 10 cents a gallon?

The fact is, they lie. They have been caught lying. I can't remember the specifics, but one time they said something that happened caused them to raise prices, and then a few months later they contradicted themselve. Fact is, they jack the price up as high as they can whenever they can. Its the fox running the henhouse. They manipulate the story and speculate the price up 60% higher than it should.

And people like you defend them. You say they should be able to charge as much as they want and make as much profit as they can, regardless of what it'll do to the US economy.

Please do not pretend the GOP have any interest in puttin the oil companies in check.

And look at the pollution BP caused to the Gulf. Oh yea, BP, a British company is drilling in the gulf, and they sell the oil on the world market. Again, if they gave you a little break because we gave them those contracts, great, but they are gouging us now! And the Wallstreet speculators are the cause of the out of control prices. Them and the GOP who want to war with Iran. No to war with Iran. Israel can take care of itself.

And I'm sure you are on board with going to war with Iran, unless you are a Ron Paul person, so don't cry about gas prices if you support Romney or Santorum. Both want war with Iran.

Thank you NAFTA

Someday I hope someone does a full investigation of how much worse Bush and the GOP made NAFTA once they had control of the House, Senate and White House. 2003-2007 but really from 2000-2007 they controlled at least 2 of the 3. They got a lot of "free trade" stuff passed. In the name of fixing the struggling economy, we really gave the GOP 7 years to prove their way worked. It didn't.

Trading on the Global market was inevidable. But unregulated free trade? Unfair trade? Trade designed to destroy the unions and with it middle class?

Why else would Bush/Delay pass tax breaks FOR companies going overseas? Why would they help them move? Was it to destroy the highly paid American middle class?

I know they passed laws/loopholes that gave corporations tax breaks for moving their operations overseas.

And we're trying to remove those loopholes but the GOP won't let us.

ch.gaschart

You don't seem to understand. The they don't pass on the savings to you because of any offshore drilling. If they gave you a little break for a little while and say its because of offshore drilling, I say bullshit. And what did it lower prices to? 10 cents a gallon?

The fact is, they lie. They have been caught lying. I can't remember the specifics, but one time they said something that happened caused them to raise prices, and then a few months later they contradicted themselve. Fact is, they jack the price up as high as they can whenever they can. Its the fox running the henhouse. They manipulate the story and speculate the price up 60% higher than it should.

And people like you defend them. You say they should be able to charge as much as they want and make as much profit as they can, regardless of what it'll do to the US economy.

Please do not pretend the GOP have any interest in puttin the oil companies in check.

And look at the pollution BP caused to the Gulf. Oh yea, BP, a British company is drilling in the gulf, and they sell the oil on the world market. Again, if they gave you a little break because we gave them those contracts, great, but they are gouging us now! And the Wallstreet speculators are the cause of the out of control prices. Them and the GOP who want to war with Iran. No to war with Iran. Israel can take care of itself.

And I'm sure you are on board with going to war with Iran, unless you are a Ron Paul person, so don't cry about gas prices if you support Romney or Santorum. Both want war with Iran.

Dude you're delusional you're talking bullshit.
1. Bush lifted ban when gas prices were at 4.00 a gal, and oil prices dropped shortly after that.
2. obama reinstates ban oil prices have continually risen
3. Gas was 1.86 when obama took office, it's what now?

We owe our current gas prices to the Bush administration

ch.gaschart

1. Bush lifted ban when gas prices were at 4.00 a gal, and oil prices dropped shortly after that.

Your such a fool. Remember when Obama released all that oil from our reserves and it should have lowered gas prices? Didn't work. So much for your supply and demand theories. They charge whatever they want. The more they raise prices, the more I want to vote for Obama. He'll do something about it next year. The GOP won't. And I'm going to prove your theory wrong next.

ch.gaschart

Nonsense! Panic drove oil to that peak in 2008, but it was primarily the recession that drove it back down so far. Furthermore, U.S. domestic supply and demand are factors in world price, but usually not as significant as a variety of others.

Most energy economists applauded President Bush's action in regard to offshore drilling, but suggesting that this "caused" the precipitous drop in global oil prices is akin to the rooster's boast that his crowing brought the sun up.

Energy Experts Refute Eric Bolling's Oil Price Fable | Media Matters for America

Your such a fool. Remember when Obama released all that oil from our reserves and it should have lowered gas prices? Didn't work. So much for your supply and demand theories. They charge whatever they want. The more they raise prices, the more I want to vote for Obama. He'll do something about it next year. The GOP won't. And I'm going to prove your theory wrong next.

All that oil? 30 million gallons/ barrels? do you realize that's not even 10% of one days use for America?

Again and one more time for dumb ass people obama just added a federal tax on gas. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Nonsense! Panic drove oil to that peak in 2008, but it was primarily the recession that drove it back down so far. Furthermore, U.S. domestic supply and demand are factors in world price, but usually not as significant as a variety of others.

Most energy economists applauded President Bush's action in regard to offshore drilling, but suggesting that this "caused" the precipitous drop in global oil prices is akin to the rooster's boast that his crowing brought the sun up.

Energy Experts Refute Eric Bolling's Oil Price Fable | Media Matters for America

Panic doesn't make oil drop in 2008 which it dropped because of? You can say it Because of Booooush. And gas prices have risen because of obama lifting the offshore drilling ban and obama's gas tax.

Pauli, almost daily you come on these boards complaining that the Government is doing too much and that Obama is doing too much, and yet now, you're here complaining that you WANT the Government to step in impose its will on the markets.

Pick a side already, you no-talent hack.

The government couldn't find it's ass with a flashlight, assbrain.

And yet Pauli is here complaining that they are not acting.

So ...

But government is acting. Under Obama, it's doing everything in its power to block drilling, refining and transportation of oil to drive up the price.

obama's federal gas tax has nothing to do with the rise in gas prices?

When Bush took office in Jan 2001, what was his first priority?

1. Setting up an anti-terrorism policy
2. Setting up a universal healthcare program
3. Setting up a long term energy policy

Yes friends ...it was 3

Bush assigned Dick Cheney to chair a closed energy policy task force comprised of Enron and oil company lobbyists. Dick Cheney scoffed at ideas like energy conservation, renewable energy sources and alternative fuels. The oil companies would have none of it

The Bush energy policy was balls to the walls drill baby drill and we are now paying the price for his shortsightedness eleven years later

obama's federal gas tax has nothing to do with the rise in gas prices?

When Bush took office in Jan 2001, what was his first priority?

1. Setting up an anti-terrorism policy
2. Setting up a universal healthcare program
3. Setting up a long term energy policy

Yes friends ...it was 3

Bush assigned Dick Cheney to chair a closed energy policy task force comprised of Enron and oil company lobbyists. Dick Cheney scoffed at ideas like energy conservation, renewable energy sources and alternative fuels. The oil companies would have none of it

The Bush energy policy was balls to the walls drill baby drill and we are now paying the price for his shortsightedness eleven years later

It's 2012 the past can't hurt you. but much more of obama's future can.

Forum List

Back