Obomination: Gas Prices Soar Faster Than News Can Report It...

Rising gas prices were not the fault of Bush but he got the blame for it nor is it the fault of Obama but he is also getting the blame for it. Either you think Presidents are responsible for gas prices or you don't so pick a side and stick with it don't change your views depending on what party the President belongs to.

Rising gas prices were not the fault of Bush but he got the blame for it nor is it the fault of Obama but he is also getting the blame for it. Either you think Presidents are responsible for gas prices or you don't so pick a side and stick with it don't change your views depending on what party the President belongs to.

You don't think the recent new federal fuel tax has anything to do with higher gas prices?

Should the president be given the power to stop speculators and control the price of gas?

You don't think the recent new federal fuel tax has anything to do with higher gas prices?
Does it play a part yes do I think it's the sole or main reason for the rising prices no.

Does it play a part yes do I think it's the sole or main reason for the rising prices no.

So obama's gas tax is a factor of the high price of gas. I think it's the biggest factor, because demand is down by 5 percent from last year. Plus there was that offshore drilling ban obama reinstated last year.

What new federal fuel tax?

Apparently the fed tax has not increased since 1993, not even adjusted for inflation

With Gas Tax on Empty U.S. Must Find New Way to Fund Roads: View - Bloomberg

The reason everyone is resorting to such sophistry is that the Highway Trust Fund, which gets the bulk of its revenue from a federal excise tax on gasoline of 18.4 cents per gallon, is nearly bankrupt. Because the tax isn’t adjusted for inflation, and has been pegged at the same rate since 1993, it has covered less and less of U.S. transportation spending. The Congressional Budget Office says the trust fund could be insolvent as soon as October.
Why not just increase the gas tax? Plenty of wise people have advocated doing just that. The Simpson-Bowles fiscal-reform commission recommended an immediate increase of 15 cents per gallon. Republican Senators Mike Enzi and Tom Coburn have sensibly suggested indexing the tax to inflation.
Increasing the tax modestly in the short term might make sense to keep the trust fund solvent. But ultimately the federal gas tax is an insufficient mechanism. As cars grow more fuel efficient -- and as the federal government, across a range of agencies and departments, encourages new sources of energy and more conservation -- the revenue the tax will produce is certain to diminish. Not to mention that any action that would increase gas prices is a political nonstarter: The Obama administration and numerous Republicans have already ruled it out.

So obama's gas tax is a factor of the high price of gas. I think it's the biggest factor, because demand is down by 5 percent from last year. Plus there was that offshore drilling ban obama reinstated last year.
So you admit Obama is a non-factor in the high price of gas since there is no Obama gas tax. :lol:

So you admit Obama is a non-factor in the high price of gas since there is no Obama gas tax. :lol:
Failed reading comprehension. and you lied. I said obama's fuel tax is a main factor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/b...s-federal-tax-credit-for-ethanol-expires.html

Last edited:
I'm waiting for gas prices to get high enough to remove half the cars from the road. My commute time will drop from 45 minutes to 20 minutes and I will use less gas than I am using right now because I won't be sitting with an idling engine half the time.

If the price of gas reached that stage you wouldn't have to worry about getting to work.

You wouldn't have a job and neither would anybody else.

Failed reading comprehension. and you lied. I said obama's fuel tax is a main factor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/b...s-federal-tax-credit-for-ethanol-expires.html
Again, since there is no Obama fuel tax he is a non-factor in the increase in the price of gas. Your own link says CONGRESS let the corporate welfare subsidy expire. Obama signed no bill taxing fuels so there is no Obama fuel tax. So it's the Boner Tea Party fuel tax! :lol:

Again, since there is no Obama fuel tax he is a non-factor in the increase in the price of gas. Your own link says CONGRESS let the corporate welfare subsidy expire. Obama signed no bill taxing fuels so there is no Obama fuel tax. So it's the Boner Tea Party fuel tax! :lol:

It's obama's tax shit for brains.,

Do you even read what you post?

That is no tax, it is a removal of subsidies for ethanol. Welfare for corporate farmers

Link to the bill Obama SIGNED that raised taxes on fuels or at least the bill the tea party sent to him that extended the corporate welfare subsidy that Obama VETOED.
It's the TEA PARTY FUEL TAX :asshole:

Link to the bill Obama SIGNED that raised taxes on fuels or at least the bill the tea party sent to him that extended the corporate welfare subsidy that Obama VETOED.

Link that it isn't obama's tax? Was there a tax yes their was It's obama's tax just like liberals claim any tax on the poor is bushes tax. Bush tax cuts bad until obama supports them and now they are obama's taxes.

Do you even read what you post?

That is no tax, it is a removal of subsidies for ethanol. Welfare for corporate farmers
Exactly, and it wasn't Obama who removed it, it was the Teabaggers who killed the subsidy.

It's the Tea Party Fuel Tax!

Link that it isn't obama's tax? Was there a tax yes their was It's obama's tax just like liberals claim any tax on the poor is bushes tax. Bush tax cuts bad until obama supports them and now they are obama's taxes.
Your own link said it was the Tea Party Congress that killed the subsidy, so it is still the TEA PARTY FUEL TAX.

Pauli, almost daily you come on these boards complaining that the Government is doing too much and that Obama is doing too much, and yet now, you're here complaining that you WANT the Government to step in impose its will on the markets.

Pick a side already, you no-talent hack.

The government couldn't find it's ass with a flashlight, assbrain.

Why is it not so hard to believe that YOU CAN see your ass with a flashlight?

$567775.jpg

Should the president be given the power to stop speculators and control the price of gas?
Policy influences speculators and producers. This, in turn, since we are the largest consumer of gas, helps set prices around the globe. If supply decreases, prices increase. If policies are done to tighten supply, they are going to go up. Drilling and production leaves the Gulf to go overseas cut supply of domestic oil. New discoveries are being blocked left right and sideways. Infrastructure to improve delivery and discovery of oil blocked and going elsewhere.

All these VERY BAD choices DO affect the global market.

Of course in mid July of 2008, W said he was going to end the presidential moritorium on drilling, and prices crashed to 1.60 in less than 4 months. Obama is elected, prices never stopped rising. Why? Because the market predicts what the effects of a president's policies are and how they will affect the market.

Direct control over gas prices? No. Indirect control? Absolutely.

Forum List

Back