Obama's Rough Start

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
The initial 3 weeks of Obama's administration have been chaotic at best.

The Pelosi House Democrats displayed an utter lack of responsible stewardship in constructing an abomination of a stimulus bill that has been rightfully repudiated by members of both major political parties.

While it appears some version of this bill will pass - with pork laden spending found throughout, it will not be viewed as a success for either Obama or the Democrats.

Obama's mood has been visibly shaken, a man unaccustomed to having his wishes questioned in earnest. A man untested with the role of leadship. A man now looking less like a President and more like an empty suit.

This is not to say he cannot alter this perception - and quickly. His charisma will always give him an opportunity to do that - but the cracks within his own party are more apparent than ever. While the Republican are admittedly in a rebuilding process, the Democrats are fighting amongst themselves behind closed doors - namely between the new President and the Pelosi Dems. Obama has taken steps to marginalize Pelosi, a task that will prove more difficult than the inexperienced Obama realizes.

If things don't improve over the course of the next 90 days, Obama will find himself in seriously dangerous political waters. Currently he has proven to be largely incompetent. Sooner rather than later, he could very well find himself largely unpopular - and it is that prospect that he likely fears most.

The last part of this link is accurate in that it states Obama did not defeat conservatism at the polls - he merely defeated George W Bush. He would do well to realize this and lead accordingly:

Three weeks in, and no one has Obama's back - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
She makes some good points, that will probaly be lost on a number of people here.

I had no faith in BO (nor much in McCain either for that matter) and it's clear the many people that claimed he was all glitter and no substance were spot on.

The initial 3 weeks of Obama's administration have been chaotic at best.

The Pelosi House Democrats displayed an utter lack of responsible stewardship in constructing an abomination of a stimulus bill that has been rightfully repudiated by members of both major political parties.

While it appears some version of this bill will pass - with pork laden spending found throughout, it will not be viewed as a success for either Obama or the Democrats.

Obama's mood has been visibly shaken, a man unaccustomed to having his wishes questioned in earnest. A man untested with the role of leadship. A man now looking less like a President and more like an empty suit.

This is not to say he cannot alter this perception - and quickly. His charisma will always give him an opportunity to do that - but the cracks within his own party are more apparent than ever. While the Republican are admittedly in a rebuilding process, the Democrats are fighting amongst themselves behind closed doors - namely between the new President and the Pelosi Dems. Obama has taken steps to marginalize Pelosi, a task that will prove more difficult than the inexperienced Obama realizes.

If things don't improve over the course of the next 90 days, Obama will find himself in seriously dangerous political waters. Currently he has proven to be largely incompetent. Sooner rather than later, he could very well find himself largely unpopular - and it is that prospect that he likely fears most.

The last part of this link is accurate in that it states Obama did not defeat conservatism at the polls - he merely defeated George W Bush. He would do well to realize this and lead accordingly:

Three weeks in, and no one has Obama's back - The Boston Globe

I think this is the first time in US history that a man won the presidency by campaigning against a man that wasn't even running for the office.

The Dark Messia can do no wrong for he is dark. The first dark person to be President of the United Snakes of America can do NO wrong for he is special. Obama will save the USA from war, poverty, hatred, crime, racial inequality, etc. etc. for he is OBAMA and OBAMA is the DARK MESSIAH.

Vive OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Why are there no smilies/icons depicting black people?

The Dark Messia can do no wrong for he is dark. The first dark person to be President of the United Snakes of America can do NO wrong for he is special. Obama will save the USA from war, poverty, hatred, crime, racial inequality, etc. etc. for he is OBAMA and OBAMA is the DARK MESSIAH.

I think some racists agree with this. Most really are hoping he has 'the answers'. However, many disagree, because they doubt his slim track record-which is punctuated by failures. Some because they believe blacks, yes, even one drop, though we all have more than that. :lol:

You know, this raises a very valid point that I made with a few pro-Obama folks during the campaign cycle. They kept telling me how Obama represented "the best of America" and that his election was going to be "historic".

Finally I told one of them that they were racist.

They were so offended by that comment, and asked how in the world could they be racist if they were supporting Obama for President.

I explained that they were supporting Obama for President because he was Black - not on the issues, of which he never really stood for beyond vague speeches that were well delivered, but because she and tons of people like her wanted to be "part of something special" - ie voting for a Black man.

Obama's half black heritage was THE reason so many voted for him - white guilt for perceived wrongs pounded into their heads by a liberal education system.

Obama was NOT voted in for the content of his character - but for the COLOR OF HIS SKIN.

That is racism of a sort, and it was the primary reason why he became President.

The second reason was by voting for Obama, many were in fact voting against GW Bush, who was not even running.

Strange days indeed...

The increasing agitation regarding Obama's dyslexic leadership style...

Barack Obama is a novice - and it shows - Telegraph

Obama-close-up-arrogant.jpg

To support him or not to support him. Either choice and I am a racist?

To support him or not to support him. Either choice and I am a racist?

I don't, you're not, because of his policies thus far. They aren't racist, being against them can't be either.

Now, the words of his former rivals are returning to haunt President Obama. After a distinctly rocky start to his presidency, he has admitted he "screwed up" and is returning to one thing in his political career that he has perfected – campaigning. In Elkhart, Indiana, today and Fort Myers, Florida, tomorrow, Mr Obama will try to seize back control of the political agenda with question-and-answer sessions with voters in two of the swing states that gave him victory.
Well at least Hillary and Biden told the truth ... this time.
I guess hes looking to braek the record for AF1 usage as well ...
Good at campaigning because it written and rehearsed just like his chosen few from the press.

Now, the words of his former rivals are returning to haunt President Obama. After a distinctly rocky start to his presidency, he has admitted he "screwed up" and is returning to one thing in his political career that he has perfected – campaigning. In Elkhart, Indiana, today and Fort Myers, Florida, tomorrow, Mr Obama will try to seize back control of the political agenda with question-and-answer sessions with voters in two of the swing states that gave him victory.
Well at least Hillary and Biden told the truth ... this time.
I guess hes looking to braek the record for AF1 usage as well ...
Good at campaigning because it written and rehearsed just like his chosen few from the press.

Yeah and even when he gets his chosen few, he still doesn't know what to say.

And it's going to get a lot rougher--once everyone gets a good look at how their hard earned tax dollars are being spent in the so-called economic stimulus bill.

I doubt he has even read this massive 1000+ page bill, that was just given to the Senate last night--he's been too busy running around the country trying to promote it.

Last edited:
Obama is still behaving like a candidate and not a leader. His team is still sitting around trying to figure out how they can best dominate the news cycle and nothing more.

It was very irresponsible of him to give Pelosi and Reid Marching orders back in nov and not give them a strict set of guide lines as far as what he wanted in the bill.

Some of his Nominations have been not well thought out, and hypocritical as well.

Basically he looks like the inexperienced guy he is. It's not his fault other than he sold himself as they guy who knew what to do, when clearly economically he has know freaking CLUE what he is talking about, and worse yet he refuses to admit he needs help.

However Obama is made of Teflon and nothing will stick to him in the end. He may see his party lose congress, but I don't think enough Americans will hold Obama responsible if and when this stimulus fails. To many of them only watch their nightly news and believe what the talking heads, who are mostly in favor of Obama, and cover for him, tell them to.

Last edited:
Obama is still behaving like a candidate and not a leader. His team is still sitting around trying to figure out how they can best dominate the news cycle and nothing more.

It was very irresponsible of him to give Pelosi and Reid Marching orders back in nov and not give them a strict set of guide lines as far as what he wanted in the bill.

Some of his Nominations have been not well thought out, and hypocritical as well.

Basically he looks like the inexperienced guy he is. It's not his fault other than he sold himself as they guy who knew what to do, when clearly economically he has know freaking CLUE what he is talking about, and worse yet he refuses to admit he needs help.

However Obama is made of Teflon and nothing will stick to him in the end. He may see his party lose congress, but I don't think enough Americans will hold Obama responsible if and when this stimulus fails. To many of them only watch their nightly news and believe what the talking heads, who are mostly in favor of Obama, and cover for him, tell them to.

AGREED--Obama still acts like he is on the campaign trail. At other times I pick out the community organizer in him. He appears to like to delegate work. But really, handing something as important as this stimulus bill over to Nancy Porklosi is going to cost him in approval ratings over time.

There is a time as POTUS that you have to get your hands dirty & do it yourself. I really don't see that type of personality in him at this time.

He's either in campaign mode or community organizer mode--I have yet to see President of the United States mode.

AGREED--Obama still acts like he is on the campaign trail. At other times I pick out the community organizer in him. He appears to like to delegate work. But really, handing something as important as this stimulus bill over to Nancy Porklosi is going to cost him in approval ratings over time.

There is a time as POTUS that you have to get your hands dirty & do it yourself. I really don't see that type of personality in him at this time.

He's either in campaign mode or community organizer mode--I have yet to see President of the United States mode.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree there. Here is a popular new President with substantial control of Congress and he had to campaign for this stimulus bill and received a bit of ridicule for it even within the mainstream media.

He remains in campaign mode, but has yet to fall into leadership mode, and more and more are beginning to wonder if he is actually capable of making that much-needed transition.

Praise OBAMA, Praise Him for He is great, Praise Him for He is a dark.....

OBAMA AKBAR

Forum List

Back