Obama's poll numbers down, Imaginary racism up

well, the other side of that coin is that "the one you want" has no chance of winning.

Doesn't matter.

My sig seems to work well here:

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions, but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Our election system doesn't abide by majority rule, either. And where do you draw the line? What if the person you want is not on the ballot? Would you really write in Mickey Mouse? If so, why even take the time and energy to vote?

and until we have real election reform that is the options you face
its gonna be either a republican or a democrat that wins most major elections

I understand that, which is why I do support said reforms. I like the way they do it in England personally when it comes to limits on how much one can spend, etc.

Sorry, but your earlier words belie your current attempt at rationalization. According to you, it was bad to vote for Bush because of the alternatives, but you're okay with Obama because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, no matter how you try to slither away from it.

Nice try though. :thup:

You're going to have to show me where I said I was okay with Obama. I clearly said in that post that I don't like what Obama is doing.

Now you're being dishonest and putting words in my mouth. You can show me where I said I was okay with Obama, or you're a liar.

And you're a troublemaker.

I thought mods were supposed to set the example...not show us how not to act.

Sorry, but your earlier words belie your current attempt at rationalization. According to you, it was bad to vote for Bush because of the alternatives, but you're okay with Obama because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, no matter how you try to slither away from it.

You're going to have to show me where I said I was okay with Obama. I clearly said in that post that I don't like what Obama is doing.

Now you're being dishonest and putting words in my mouth. You can show me where I said I was okay with Obama, or you're a liar.
you were before the election
and you said it was a better choice than the others
he's not putting words in your mouth, he is showing you your OWN words

Our election system doesn't abide by majority rule, either. And where do you draw the line? What if the person you want is not on the ballot? Would you really write in Mickey Mouse? If so, why even take the time and energy to vote?

I was referring to your statement about how my candidate would have no shot at winning. That's my point, majority rule may say in whatever race that said candidate wins, but I still support ____.

If the person I want is not on the ballot, I'll write in another candidate. Doesn't have to be Mickey Mouse, can be another politician that I'd wish to see take the office.

As for the time and energy to vote, it's the principal of the matter.

no. what he means is you are ok with someone voting for obama because he was the lesser of two evils.

mods are free to be themselves here
him being a mod has no play in this

you were before the election
and you said it was a better choice than the others
he's not putting words in your mouth, he is showing you your OWN words

I'm talking about in this thread Dive. In retrospect, he is still a better choice than McCain and Palin. I stand by that statement. I already stated in this thread that I'm not okay with what Obama is doing, simple as that. Not once in this thread did I advocate to vote for Obama instead of Palin or McCain. Not once unless you can prove it.

Go back and read. You're okay with Obama in the white house because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, since you had earlier said that was no reason for Dive to vote for Bush. It doesn't matter if you like Obama or not. Based on what I posted, you're a hypocrite, and trying to call me a liar won't make that go away.

Not a troublemaker and my modship has nothing to do with this. I'm posting in the capacity of a poster, not a mod. Get that straight, now.

Go back and read. You're okay with Obama in the white house because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, since you had earlier said that was no reason for Dive to vote for Bush. It doesn't matter if you like Obama or not. Based on what I posted, you're a hypocrite, and trying to call me a liar won't make that go away.

No no, quote me where I said I'm okay with Obama in the WH. Go ahead, show me where. I said he was the better candidate but that doesn't mean I'm okay with him because of that.

I'm not a hypocrite, you haven't shown anything except you like to quote certain posts but not quote others that give the full picture.

Not a troublemaker and my modship has nothing to do with this. I'm posting in the capacity of a poster, not a mod. Get that straight, now.

Being a mod means you can't go around acting like everyone else doesn't it?

You must feel you can say and do anything you want..but don't you have responsibilities?

I guess it's wrong for me to assume that being a mod means you have to stay out of the crap that goes on and put out fires rather then doing your best to start them.

I'm just saying.....

Last edited:

He can cause as much "trouble" in the manner he is doing here as he likes. Mods are like any other posters unless they are moderating.

no. what he means is you are ok with someone voting for obama because he was the lesser of two evils.

Except I'm not okay with that. I said and I quote:

Obama is still a better choice than McCain. Obama is still a better choice than Palin. Just because I don't like what Obama is doing doesn't mean I want to put someone who's even worse into office to take his place.

In response to:

So here is the thing, if obama is not different then bush, why should he stay in office? I hate to say it but obama relay is playing the race issue on many levels to save his skin.

Moon took my answer out of context. Simple as that. I was referring to the 2008 election in my response.

Being a mod means you can't go around acting like everyone else doesn't it?

You must feel you can say and do anything you want..but don't you have responsibilities?

As a poster, he has the same rights as you. ~elvis.

No no, quote me where I said I'm okay with Obama in the WH. Go ahead, show me where. I said he was the better candidate but that doesn't mean I'm okay with him because of that.

I'm not a hypocrite, you haven't shown anything except you like to quote certain posts but not quote others that give the full picture.

Yes you are, you gutless pile of non-integrity. You got caught being a hypocrite.

Sack up, if they've dropped yet.

Obama is still a better choice than McCain. Obama is still a better choice than Palin. Just because I don't like what Obama is doing doesn't mean I want to put someone who's even worse into office to take his place.

In response to:

So here is the thing, if obama is not different then bush, why should he stay in office? I hate to say it but obama relay is playing the race issue on many levels to save his skin.

Moon took my answer out of context. Simple as that. I was referring to the 2008 election in my response.

So you don't think people should vote for Obama OR the republican candidate next time?

Here it is again.

2.) Obama is still a better choice than McCain. Obama is still a better choice than Palin. Just because I don't like what Obama is doing doesn't mean I want to put someone who's even worse into office to take his place.

So yes, you're okay with Obama in the white house, and you are a hypocrite.

So you don't think people should vote for Obama OR the republican candidate next time?

Why should we? They haven't given us any reasons to, have they? They seem more worried on staying in power than helping Americans.

In response to:

Your attempt at rationalization is just making you look like a hypocrite AND a liar. You should stop now.

Forum List

Back