Obama's poll numbers down, Imaginary racism up

he was better than the alternative

Wrong. Of course, you're assuming there are only two parties and that if you vote you must vote for one of them. That justification doesn't fly.

So it's bad to vote for the lesser of two evils.

2.) Obama is still a better choice than McCain. Obama is still a better choice than Palin. Just because I don't like what Obama is doing doesn't mean I want to put someone who's even worse into office to take his place.

Oh wait, maybe it's not.

Hypocrite much?

he was better than the alternative

Wrong. Of course, you're assuming there are only two parties and that if you vote you must vote for one of them. That justification doesn't fly.

So it's bad to vote for the lesser of two evils.

2.) Obama is still a better choice than McCain. Obama is still a better choice than Palin. Just because I don't like what Obama is doing doesn't mean I want to put someone who's even worse into office to take his place.

Oh wait, maybe it's not.

Hypocrite much?
Oops

:lol:

Oh wait, maybe it's not.

Hypocrite much?

Nope. I was asked about Obama and McCain and answered so. I already pointed out in a later post knowing what I'd know now that I'd vote for neither.

Nice try though. :thup:

Said post is here in response to Syrenn's question:

I didn't vote so my vote wasn't for or against anything. If I could of voted knowing what I know now, I would of voted for a third party or wrote in Mickey Mouse or something along the lines of that.

However, compared to who could of been in office, Obama was the best candidate.

to be fair, there's no need to say "Knowing what you know now".

Do need to make it clear for morons that I wouldn't vote for a candidate just because he is the "lesser evil". It's sad really for people to do that. Because it encourages apathy and the same shit candidates every four years.

Buzz, nope. You can't claim what McCain would of supported once he got in office. You can make a educated guess like I was doing so earlier. However, since you want to use the logic that I cannot prove they would be worse candidates, you cannot prove they would be better ones.

Simple as that. Also, this is about whether they would be a better President. Not just economic issues which you seem to be harping on.

This is the same John McCain who once said in a debate we should have interest rates at 0%.

YouTube - John McCain Sheds Light on the Economy

Watch this video.

Man, it would of been fun making a fool of you across this board during the 2008 election season.

You are a sad little moron.

McCain would not have shoved ObamaCare through Congress. Nor would he have pushed through an $800B Stimulus package. Nor would he have taken over the Auto-Companies.

Would he have been a great President? I doubt it. The likelihood is that he would have muddled along with the same politics as usual compromises that preserve the status quo - not engaged in radical transformation to increase the role of government in our economy. You have no proof that he would have done what Obama has done. His record supports my assessment.
but he would likely have done something else just as bad
dont think McCain would really been much better

The Dems would have fought him at every turn...used their media to destroy him....lied...cheated....made up any bull shit story to turn voters against him.

I don't think he would have made a great President but he would have been a much better one then the butt-reaming asshole we've got now.

Oh wait, maybe it's not.

Hypocrite much?

Nope. I was asked about Obama and McCain and answered so. I already pointed out in a later post knowing what I'd know now that I'd vote for neither.

Said post is here in response to Syrenn's question:

I didn't vote so my vote wasn't for or against anything. If I could of voted knowing what I know now, I would of voted for a third party or wrote in Mickey Mouse or something along the lines of that.

However, compared to who could of been in office, Obama was the best candidate.

Sorry, but your earlier words belie your current attempt at rationalization. According to you, it was bad to vote for Bush because of the alternatives, but you're okay with Obama because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, no matter how you try to slither away from it.

Do need to make it clear for morons that I wouldn't vote for a candidate just because he is the "lesser evil". It's sad really for people to do that. Because it encourages apathy and the same shit candidates every four years.

well, the other side of that coin is that "the one you want" has no chance of winning.

Except that's not what you said, you silly little knigget - as has already been documented.

it still pointed out hypocrisy
doesn't matter if you admit it or not

There is no hypocrisy. I was asked pretty much why we should have Obama in the White House still. I pointed out that as much as I do not like Obama, he is still better than McCain or Palin would of been. That's not showing support for Obama or saying I would of voted for him if given the opportunity, it's stating a fact.

Or do you think President Palin would be doing a better job than President Obama at this point in the game? :eusa_eh:

well, the other side of that coin is that "the one you want" has no chance of winning.

Doesn't matter.

My sig seems to work well here:

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions, but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

and until we have real election reform that is the options you face
its gonna be either a republican or a democrat that wins most major elections

Sorry, but your earlier words belie your current attempt at rationalization. According to you, it was bad to vote for Bush because of the alternatives, but you're okay with Obama because he was better than the alternative. That makes you a hypocrite, no matter how you try to slither away from it.

You're going to have to show me where I said I was okay with Obama. I clearly said in that post that I don't like what Obama is doing.

Now you're being dishonest and putting words in my mouth. You can show me where I said I was okay with Obama, or you're a liar.

Forum List

Back