Obama's lie: If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan

Obama never said anything about cost. He said you could keep your plan if you like it. The plan is still there if you want it but you obviously don't like it. So he didn't lie. Not saying it isn't fucked up. Just present it that way.

Obama never said anything about cost. He said you could keep your plan if you like it. The plan is still there if you want it but you obviously don't like it. So he didn't lie. Not saying it isn't fucked up. Just present it that way.

Wrong, skippy. My brother's plan has been cancelled, it is no longer there, it has ceased to be (as of the end of the year). OBAMA LIED when he said you could keep your plan if you like it. And of course he never said anything about cost. Duh. If he had more Dems would have voted no and the fucking mess never would have passed.

Last edited:

Wrong. Did you read my post on the prior page? 15,000 UPS worker's spouses just lost the plan that they had and now have either go thru their own employer or thru the exchanges to get a different plan with different coverages, different doctors, and different costs. And more companies are going to follow suit.

Wrong. Did you read my post on the prior page? 15,000 UPS worker's spouses just lost the plan that they had and now have either go thru their own employer or thru the exchanges to get a different plan with different coverages, different doctors, and different costs. And more companies are going to follow suit.

They didn't lose that because of Obamacare, their propaganda notwithstanding.

Obamacare made it not cost-effective for UPS to maintain spousal coverage if the spouse has an option for thier own healthcare. If no Obamacare, UPS wouldnt have had to do it.

Keep spinning, I am enjoying the breeze.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan"

Obamacare made it not cost-effective for UPS to maintain spousal coverage if the spouse has an option for thier own healthcare. If no Obamacare, UPS wouldnt have had to do it.

That, along with that fact that in the ACA legislation they are not legally required to offer insurance for spouses, only dependents.

Bullshit and you know it. The plans are not aca compliant, therefore they are not following the law. They are being dropped specifically because of the aca. Continue to lie and people will continue to call you out on it.

What the hell is it with the left just flat out lying about this aca mess? Plans are being dropped specifically and directly because of the aca and yet the left just sticks their fingers in their ears and says "nuh uh". Freaking loons. Oh, I forgot. They can't let Obama fail.

:cuckoo:

What the hell is it with the left just flat out lying about this aca mess? Plans are being dropped specifically and directly because of the aca and yet the left just sticks their fingers in their ears and says "nuh uh". Freaking loons. Oh, I forgot. They can't let Obama fail.

:cuckoo:

Its part of the progressive statist mindset. Laws have no consequences, and if something results from them, then its the fault of those being legislated, not the legislators.

So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

I explained why my rates went up in the op. It's not that long, even a liberal can read it.

For benchmark though, the prior year my rates went up from $360 to $410. A hefty percent, but nothing like Obama did when he made my insurance "affordable." Thanks...

Your insurer was ramping up your rates in 2009 as the ACA bill was being written, dumbass. They KNEW that Americans like you think you need a large corporate for-profit conglomerate making the calls on what you need to be healthy, and not the docs and hospitals.

Americans should demand an independent body examine and adopt what works well for other first world countries who have single payer systems, but collectively we're just too fucking arrogant to think that other societies have a better idea than we do.

You didn't want universal health care, so please just shut the fuck up and suck the big one from your insurance company. It was baked in the cake a long time ago.

So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

Hey Genius....tell me...

How can premiums go down if pre existing conditions clauses are eliminated, the age group of 23-26 can now stay on moms policy....

and....

the penalty for not having insurance is infinitely less than the cost of a policy and one can simply purchase a policy when one finds they have a medical condition?

So?

Because 40 million uninsured will be paying something, have a doctor and preventive care, and the myriad cost savings of O-care THAT YOU HAVEN'T HEARD a thing about, hater dupe. Change the channel and read something...

Poor franco...rates went up, WAY up in many cases.

We've already seen what is going to happen.

Hey Genius....tell me...

How can premiums go down if pre existing conditions clauses are eliminated, the age group of 23-26 can now stay on moms policy....

and....

the penalty for not having insurance is infinitely less than the cost of a policy and one can simply purchase a policy when one finds they have a medical condition?

So?

Because 40 million uninsured will be paying something, have a doctor and preventive care, and the myriad cost savings of O-care THAT YOU HAVEN'T HEARD a thing about, hater dupe. Change the channel and read something...

I like his reasoning.....

40 million will be paying something...and in return getting something that costs more than what they paid for...

ANd the "myriad" of cost savings that I haven't heard a thing about.

Uh....that myriad of cost savings Franco....can you name one or two of them? And cost savings to who? The consumer?

So then who is taking the "hit" for the cost savings? Someone has to.

Who?

I explained why my rates went up in the op. It's not that long, even a liberal can read it.

For benchmark though, the prior year my rates went up from $360 to $410. A hefty percent, but nothing like Obama did when he made my insurance "affordable." Thanks...

Your insurer was ramping up your rates in 2009 as the ACA bill was being written, dumbass. They KNEW that Americans like you think you need a large corporate for-profit conglomerate making the calls on what you need to be healthy, and not the docs and hospitals.

Americans should demand an independent body examine and adopt what works well for other first world countries who have single payer systems, but collectively we're just too fucking arrogant to think that other societies have a better idea than we do.

You didn't want universal health care, so please just shut the fuck up and suck the big one from your insurance company. It was baked in the cake a long time ago.

ACA is the law of the land and many, many, many people's rates are skyrocketing.

Derp.

Well...lets look at other societies....

China has been around for4 thousands of years....and...well....they are finally a world leader.

Japan.....hundreds of years......they are in the top ten as well....

Rome...oh yeah....it failed...never mind.....

Anyway....Germany....10th century I believe was their beginning......a revolution...a dictator.....a wall.....seemed they have tried many things that failed....until recently...

And then us...The greatest land of them all...

In 200 years we became the greatest, strongest, most desired land in the world.

Seems we did something right.

So yeah....lets emulate some of those other countries.

Bullshit and you know it. The plans are not aca compliant, therefore they are not following the law. They are being dropped specifically because of the aca. Continue to lie and people will continue to call you out on it.

If you can prove that UPS's healthcare plan was not compliant because it covered spouses,

by all means, do so. It's your claim. Back it up.

The extra cost to UPS for the spousal coverage this year, because of Obamacare, was $1 per person covered. In 2014 that charge goes to $65 per person.

All they'd have had to do was pass that cost on to the spouse.

The extra cost to UPS for the spousal coverage this year, because of Obamacare, was $1 per person covered. In 2014 that charge goes to $65 per person.

All they'd have had to do was pass that cost on to the spouse.

and just where are you getting your numbers?

If you can prove that UPS's healthcare plan was not compliant because it covered spouses,

by all means, do so. It's your claim. Back it up.

My mistake on the UPS plan re: compliance. On individual plans? Due to the ACA.

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.

I'm also a big fan of very high deductible HSA plans. Let me save up when I'm young and don't need health care in my own health savings account. When I need it I can pay as a consumer for what I want, and if it's really expensive the catastrophic plan kicks in.

Democrats hate HSA plans because they let the people be responsible for themselves.

Hey Genius....tell me...

and....

So?

Dear Friends,

Please find a special message from our paid sponsor, Newsmax Media. Sponsorships like this help to allow us to continue to send you our Daily Update free of charge. We appreciate your interest in our work.

Rasmussen Reports

Dear Reader,

On October 1st, the first major milestone of ObamaCare began.

So-called "health exchanges" are now open across the United States.

In the past your employer would handle your coverage, or you could deal directly with a private insurer.

Not anymore.

Millions of Americans will now be forced to shop for health insurance on the government-run health exchanges.

ObamaCare promised you'd keep your current insurance and your doctor.

But as many companies move to end coverage for employees due to the onerous costs, millions of Americans will be forced to use these exchanges. They will likely lose their current insurance and their doctor.

There is so much more you need to know, especially the massive rule changes to affect Medicare soon.

You need solid information to make informed decisions now.

That's why we're recommending the ObamaCare Survival Guide.

It's the "best guide" to the new law.

This #1 New York Times and Amazon best-seller explains all the rules and the hidden taxes and fees.

It reveals the loopholes and strategies that show you how you can best navigate through this massive law.

Forum List

Back