Obama's lie: If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.

Similar thing happened to me. Made a thread as well

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...-thought-i-could-keep-my-insurance-obama.html

obama was right when he said you can keep your insurance, but left out the details of what price.

I actually cant keep it without getting fined... I dont even think my company will even offer it this year. Why would they care they got a pass this year from Obama?

Last edited:
So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

Who are you trying to convince with your lies? But I know this to be a lie because I am losing my insurance after Jan1 and a new policy for me will be much more. So ether you are stupid Or a fucking liar.... You pick which.

So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

I explained why my rates went up in the op. It's not that long, even a liberal can read it.

For benchmark though, the prior year my rates went up from $360 to $410. A hefty percent, but nothing like Obama did when he made my insurance "affordable." Thanks...

The government told you what your new rates would be?

lol
Yes they told us all it would go down at least 25% Instead it went up 28% so far.... You have another lie you wish to spread?

obama was right when he said you can keep your insurance, but left out the details of what price.

Yeah, I got the joke. But nope. My brother's individual catastrophic policy was cancelled. He will now be forced onto the exchanges where his premium and likely his deductible will increase because now his insurance has to cover maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental). My brother is 55, single, no kids. Where is the left screaming about the unfairness of that? :eusa_shhh:

It's what they call the social contract.
Your brother suffers punitive measures for being responsible.
Lazy fucks get rewarded for pumping out bastards.
You brother has to take responsibility!!

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.

Link it.

My plan stayed the same.

Link that because I think your lying...oh wait you are most likely on Medicaid and WE are paying for your lazy ass.

Obama never said anything about cost. He said you could keep your plan if you like it. The plan is still there if you want it but you obviously don't like it. So he didn't lie. Not saying it isn't fucked up. Just present it that way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rkKzajF7Y&feature=player_detailpage]Obama: Your Premiums Will Go Down Under Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Liar says what?

Wrong. Did you read my post on the prior page? 15,000 UPS worker's spouses just lost the plan that they had and now have either go thru their own employer or thru the exchanges to get a different plan with different coverages, different doctors, and different costs. And more companies are going to follow suit.

They didn't lose that because of Obamacare, their propaganda notwithstanding.

Bullshit and you know it. The plans are not aca compliant, therefore they are not following the law. They are being dropped specifically because of the aca. Continue to lie and people will continue to call you out on it.

Funny thing is people like me who are losing their plan got a letter from our employer saying it is BECAUSE of the Affordable Care Act. LOL They dont even care that their lies are easily debunked.

Obamacare made it not cost-effective for UPS to maintain spousal coverage if the spouse has an option for thier own healthcare. If no Obamacare, UPS wouldnt have had to do it.

Keep spinning, I am enjoying the breeze.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan"

The extra cost to UPS for the spousal coverage this year, because of Obamacare, was $1 per person covered. In 2014 that charge goes to $65 per person.

All they'd have had to do was pass that cost on to the spouse.

and just where are you getting your numbers?

I'd be more inclined to provide you a link had you asked the people on the other side of this disagreement for a link to their claims.

The extra cost to UPS for the spousal coverage this year, because of Obamacare, was $1 per person covered. In 2014 that charge goes to $65 per person.

I'd be more inclined to provide you a link had you asked the people on the other side of this disagreement for a link to their claims.

In other words you are lying your ass off and are hoping you can distract the fact by blaming others.... Obama would be proud of you

In other words you are lying your ass off and are hoping you can distract the fact by blaming others.... Obama would be proud of you

lol, yes I would make something up that could be easily disproven.

I'm just pointing out how you partisan hacks take the claims you like as gospel without substantiation needed,

but you demand proof of anything you don't like.

Why do you do that? What is the principle that you follow when you endorse that practice?

I don't understand. Have you gone to your state's web site to check out what is available on the exchange? Or did your governor opt out?

Here is the one for California, see how you would do here:

https://www.coveredca.com/

Nice dodge. I have a feeling your link only includes governmental costs and fuzzy estimates, it does not include the costs of meeting the new requirements, as well as administrative costs related to Obamacare.

I win.

lol, yes I would make something up that could be easily disproven.

I'm just pointing out how you partisan hacks take the claims you like as gospel without substantiation needed,

but you demand proof of anything you don't like.

Why do you do that? What is the principle that you follow when you endorse that practice?
Yes you would lie about things easily debunked because it is your Modus Oprendi

• UPS. The delivery company dropped health insurance for about 15,000 of its employees' spouses whose employers also offered insurance.

Link:

Is health law really to blame for plan changes?

Obama is a professional politician.

Professional politicians lie, they'll say whatever they think they can get away with in order to get elected or re-elected. When confronted with those words, they can usually find a way to spin out of them.

No surprise here. I doubt that anyone really believed the claims about the ACA, even the leg-tinglers. Either way, it's law, so bend over and take it.

• UPS. The delivery company dropped health insurance for about 15,000 of its employees' spouses whose employers also offered insurance.

Link:

Yes it is because Obama made it easier for them to do so.

Obama is a professional politician.

Professional politicians lie, they'll say whatever they think they can get away with in order to get elected or re-elected. When confronted with those words, they can usually find a way to spin out of them.

No surprise here. I doubt that anyone really believed the claims about the ACA, even the leg-tinglers. Either way, it's law, so bend over and take it.

NO. Law can be changed and repealed. Defeatism is how progressives got so far in the first place.

Link:

What part of 'THEY DID NOT GET TO KEEP THEIR INSURANCE' are you having a hard time understanding???

They'yre now forced to switch to different insurance providers with different plans, for different costs with different doctors. That is not getting to KEEP THE PLAN YOU HAVE IF YOU WANT TOO.

Is English the language here??

My plan stayed the same.

My plan also stayed the same (very close). But then I live in TX and I'm on an HSA plan and with a small (under 50 employee) company. So we don't have to worry about Obuma Care impacting our premiums yet. Though I understand my federal personal income taxes will go to fund Obuma Care users and I don't like that one bit.

Forum List

Back