Obama's lie: If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan

Basically your thinking is binary. Liberal, or not liberal. And it's not good to be on the bad side of that call...

People here are accusing Obamacare of forcing UPS to change spousal coverage policy,

implying that this example is proof that Obama lied when he said you could keep your healthcare.

That is not true. UPS is not ending some spousal coverage for the sake of a few bucks charge associated with ACA,

they could collect that from the spouse, as many companies already do and already did before Obamacare.

UPS is ending spousal coverage because covering an extra person not employed by UPS, an d especially since that person has access to his or her own employer plan,

is a cost that UPS wants to get rid of.

UPS did not say it is only Obamacare, but they did say that Obamacare was a factor along with rising medical costs.

You also in several posts said it wasn't Obama's fault my rates are going up because Obama didn't set the rate, not grasping I was pointing out that Obama's regulations are driving up costs, which is what I was blaming for higher prices. You and i have also had the discussion frequently before where you didn't grasp that if a company's costs go up, their prices will too. It wasn't just this comment.

Well, at least you've made a few backtracking baby steps.

Why wasn't your policy eligible to be grandfathered in?

Obamacare drove up the cost. Seriously, in post after post, you don't even begin to grasp capitalism and free markets. It just confuses the crap out of you doesn't it? My favorite are the endless stream of posts you write where you don't understand that government increasing costs of insurers will raise the price of the policy. You actually really don't understand that, do you?

I posted the cost. ONE DOLLAR per year per spouse this year.

The 1 to 2 dollars is a SURCHARGE on top of the increases you moron.

And what are those increases, exactly, at UPS?

People here are accusing Obamacare of forcing UPS to change spousal coverage policy,

implying that this example is proof that Obama lied when he said you could keep your healthcare.

That is not true. UPS is not ending some spousal coverage for the sake of a few bucks charge associated with ACA,

they could collect that from the spouse, as many companies already do and already did before Obamacare.

UPS is ending spousal coverage because covering an extra person not employed by UPS, an d especially since that person has access to his or her own employer plan,

is a cost that UPS wants to get rid of.

UPS did not say it is only Obamacare, but they did say that Obamacare was a factor along with rising medical costs.

You also in several posts said it wasn't Obama's fault my rates are going up because Obama didn't set the rate, not grasping I was pointing out that Obama's regulations are driving up costs, which is what I was blaming for higher prices. You and i have also had the discussion frequently before where you didn't grasp that if a company's costs go up, their prices will too. It wasn't just this comment.

Such as...

Obama lied.

Such as...

Obama lied.

That's not an answer. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

The grandfathering is temporary and only lasts until the next enrollment period.

Yeah, I can keep my coverage and doctor, provided I pay the additional taxes and fees that go with it, and if my insurance company doesn't do away with it, and if I'm good with my premiums and co-pay going up and my benefits going down, and if my doctor decides to stay in business instead of being raped by this whole thing.

It's okay. When the whole thing comes crashing down, we'll finally get single payer which was the whole plan all along! All hail Obama!:doubt:

"If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan" is the 21st Century version of "Read my lips, no new taxes".

Just sayin'.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Such as...

Obama lied.

Obama said if I like my policy, I can continue it. My insurance company, BCBS of NC, said I can't and they said it's because of Obamacare. You support Obamacare, and you're seriously coming to me and demanding I tell you why what Obama said isn't true? You're being the child here. Explain, please.

Such as...

Obama lied.

Obama said if I like my policy, I can continue it. My insurance company, BCBS of NC, said I can't and they said it's because of Obamacare. You support Obamacare, and you're seriously coming to me and demanding I tell you why what Obama said isn't true? You're being the child here. Explain, please.

He cant stand that reality doesnt jibe with his ideology.

Such as...

Obama lied.

How do you know what I support or don't.

Did you ask your insurance company whether or not your plan was eligible to be grandfathered in? If you didn't, did you know it might be eligible? If you did, did they give you an answer that is in keeping with the grandfather provisions set out in the ACA?

Are you going to the exchange in NC to see if there's a better deal than your current insurer is offering?

They can get what? Your employer healthcare plan if they buy into it?

Um...

The question you're dodging is this:
Actually, I answered all those questions.

Do you have employer provided healthcare plans at your companies? - Yes, I pay half of most employee's coverage.

Can spouses of employees get on those plans? - Yes, spouses can children can be on the policy. However, I do not pay for them, employees have to pay for their families.

If so do they pay to get on? - Yes, they pay half their own coverage and all their families coverage.

Did you ask your insurance company whether or not your plan was eligible to be grandfathered in? If you didn't, did you know it might be eligible? If you did, did they give you an answer that is in keeping with the grandfather provisions set out in the ACA?

Are you going to the exchange in NC to see if there's a better deal than your current insurer is offering?

Ummm...because you are an Obama lapdog who slurps up everything he says.

That was a no brainer.

...and here is the proof.

IF a plan could be grandfathered in it was, nobody had to ask....god woman.

Forum List

Back