Obama's Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...

How bout if they just go home and suck off their own countrys teet? Why the fuck should my tax dollars pay for an illegle immigrant to get a free.................education, food stamps, healthcare, housing subsidies or any other freebie that some of our own poor dont even qualify for?

Fuck off

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...

Having illegals go home to their own country would be even better :eusa_shhh:

You are really an intelligent one though are'nt you? :question:

They can only get emergency health care "on our dime"....It's touching how you pubs just love your illegal aliens totally discriminated against, real low wages, no rights....course you're racists too...very nice.
Why are you so much in support of illegals and an open border with Mexico?
Because he probaly is one.

Either way, he's the dumbest damn poster on this board.

HHS: Obamacare-Funded Health Centers for 'Migrants' Won't Check Immigration Status | CNSnews.com

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law.

Of that $28.8 million, "approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers," Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Spokeswoman Judy Andrews told CNSNews.com. HRSA is a part of HHS.

Andrews said that grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services.
i'm sorry, CNS news is not a trust worthy source for the most part grampa....so, they could be accurate on this, BUT I would need a legitimate source to back them up! I will search for one.... but here is a link that CNS gave in your link from them...

and it says nothing that supports THEIR claim.

HHS awards Affordable Care Act funds to expand access to health care

Well im sorry. I dont patronise their site I just googled it and thats what came up. Are they truely uncredible or is that a partisan viewpoint? Anyways I looked it up again and got this one...

Obamacare: “migrant farm workers” to be covered under healthcare reform « America's Watchtower

We all remember the speech Barack Obama gave back in 2009 in front of a joint session of Congress during the Obamacare debate; this is the speech where Barack Obama tried to assure the American people that Obamacare would only cover people who were in this country legally.

The reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally

This is the same speech in which Joe Wilson yelled “you lie” at the president after Barack Obama made this claim. The outrage from the left was swift and all encompassing; one Democrat went so far as to claim that Joe Wilson’s comment would lead to a resurgence of the KKK, and eventually Joe Wilson was rebuked for his actions by the Congress even though he had called the president shortly after the speech and apologized.

But while all of the attention during this episode was focused on whether or not this was the proper place for Joe Wilson to make his statement, nobody seemed to remember to ask the question ”is Joe Wilson right?” And that is a shame because it now appears as if Joe Wilson was right, even if he went about it the wrong way.

According to this article the Department of Health and Human Services has allotted nearly $30 million to special community health centers, and of that $30 million, $8.5 million will be used to target ”migrant farm workers.” We all know that the term “migrant farm workers” is a politically correct codename for illegal aliens hired by farm owners to pick vegetables in the field because this is one of those jobs that George W Bush quipped was one that Americans wouldn’t do.

And the HRSA is admitting that the immigration status of those seeking services will not be checked:

Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center

The Program’s authorizing statute does not affirmatively address immigration status,” said Andrews. “Rather, it simply states that health centers are required to provide primary health care to all residents of the health center’s service area without regard for ability to pay

So immigration status will not be checked, and all residents of the area–legal and illegal–will gain access to the services provided, and because there are a large amount of illegal aliens doing these jobs it stands to reason that they will receive healthcare under this initiative in the Obamacare legislation.

Joe Wilson may have gone about it the wrong way, but in the end he was right. There are no protections–at least in this portion of the bill–which would ensure that illegal aliens aren’t qualified to receive free benefits under the Obamacare legislation.

I saw this as well and though that it was very interesting as I never thought about it this way but it was worth reposting.............

Lets not forget that LEGAL citizens are required to participate in the health care program or be subject to fines.
Correct me if Im wrong but Illegals not only will not be required to show ID but they will also not be subject o any penalties as well.
there is NO HOSPITAL or Clinic right now that requires anyone going to their facilities for healthcare to prove their citizenship, before they will be given treatment for their illness.

there is nothing new on that grandpa..

.right now the gvt pays for costly emergency room care for all indigents, or at least a good portion of it, whether they are legal or illegal...

.I believe this is a mandate from our gvt to the health care facilities right now and for at least several past decades , that anyone sick, has to be treated with NO FEAR of being reported.

i'm sorry, CNS news is not a trust worthy source for the most part grampa....so, they could be accurate on this, BUT I would need a legitimate source to back them up! I will search for one.... but here is a link that CNS gave in your link from them...

Well im sorry. I dont patronise their site I just googled it and thats what came up. Are they truely uncredible or is that a partisan viewpoint? Anyways I looked it up again and got this one...

Obamacare: “migrant farm workers” to be covered under healthcare reform « America's Watchtower

We all remember the speech Barack Obama gave back in 2009 in front of a joint session of Congress during the Obamacare debate; this is the speech where Barack Obama tried to assure the American people that Obamacare would only cover people who were in this country legally.

This is the same speech in which Joe Wilson yelled “you lie” at the president after Barack Obama made this claim. The outrage from the left was swift and all encompassing; one Democrat went so far as to claim that Joe Wilson’s comment would lead to a resurgence of the KKK, and eventually Joe Wilson was rebuked for his actions by the Congress even though he had called the president shortly after the speech and apologized.

But while all of the attention during this episode was focused on whether or not this was the proper place for Joe Wilson to make his statement, nobody seemed to remember to ask the question ”is Joe Wilson right?” And that is a shame because it now appears as if Joe Wilson was right, even if he went about it the wrong way.

According to this article the Department of Health and Human Services has allotted nearly $30 million to special community health centers, and of that $30 million, $8.5 million will be used to target ”migrant farm workers.” We all know that the term “migrant farm workers” is a politically correct codename for illegal aliens hired by farm owners to pick vegetables in the field because this is one of those jobs that George W Bush quipped was one that Americans wouldn’t do.

And the HRSA is admitting that the immigration status of those seeking services will not be checked:

Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center

The Program’s authorizing statute does not affirmatively address immigration status,” said Andrews. “Rather, it simply states that health centers are required to provide primary health care to all residents of the health center’s service area without regard for ability to pay

So immigration status will not be checked, and all residents of the area–legal and illegal–will gain access to the services provided, and because there are a large amount of illegal aliens doing these jobs it stands to reason that they will receive healthcare under this initiative in the Obamacare legislation.

Joe Wilson may have gone about it the wrong way, but in the end he was right. There are no protections–at least in this portion of the bill–which would ensure that illegal aliens aren’t qualified to receive free benefits under the Obamacare legislation.

I saw this as well and though that it was very interesting as I never thought about it this way but it was worth reposting.............

Lets not forget that LEGAL citizens are required to participate in the health care program or be subject to fines.
Correct me if Im wrong but Illegals not only will not be required to show ID but they will also not be subject o any penalties as well.
there is NO HOSPITAL or Clinic right now that requires anyone going to their facilities for healthcare to prove their citizenship, before they will be given treatment for their illness.

.right now the gvt pays for costly emergency room care for all indigents, or at least a good portion of it, whether they are legal or illegal...

.I believe this is a mandate from our gvt to the health care facilities right now and for at least several past decades , that anyone sick, has to be treated with NO FEAR of being reported.
Just more reason to start seriously cracking down and getting them the hell out of here.

We need to worry about our own, and stop pandering to those damn criminals. Enough is enough.

Why is it they ask me for my ID and insurance papers everytime I goto a Dr or emergency room then? If they arent at least keeping track of stats like these how could we possiblly ever form a solution to deal with such problems? This if true needs to change. I get ID'd for everything why shouldnt they?

Yep

I worked in the dialysis field for years and have been to clinics where hardly none of the patients spoke a lick of English.
Dialysis aint cheap folks. But who cares.... Medicare and Medicaid will pay for it right? Not us.... :cuckoo:

Im sorry these folks are sick, but why do we have to foot their bills????? We/I cant afford it any longer!!!!

No, it's against the law for illegal aliens to work in the U.S.A. The Obama administration is openly disobeying our countries laws!

The PJ Tatler » Obama’s Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

What law is she openly disobeying?

She is an idiot, true. But sentiments arent the same as actions.
If an illegal alien works in the US, are they violating two laws, one for being in the US and one for working?

No, it's against the law for illegal aliens to work in the U.S.A. The Obama administration is openly disobeying our countries laws!

The PJ Tatler » Obama’s Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

If an illegal alien works in the US, are they violating two laws, one for being in the US and one for working?

Its certainly ilegal to be here but Ive never heard of a law that "they" are violating by working. The business owner is certainly breaking the law though

Except maybe Migrant workers, it is a REQUIREMENT of work you have ID and a Social Security number. Illegals can not get either legally. There for if they are working they are breaking several laws indeed, ID theft, theft of a Social Security card number , and possibly other laws.

I wanna know how they bank? It is a FEDERAL law you MUST show ID to get a bank account or to do ANY Business with a bank. Has been since Oct 2001. How do they bank?

Except maybe Migrant workers, it is a REQUIREMENT of work you have ID and a Social Security number. Illegals can not get either legally. There for if they are working they are breaking several laws indeed, ID theft, theft of a Social Security card number , and possibly other laws.

I wanna know how they bank? It is a FEDERAL law you MUST show ID to get a bank account or to do ANY Business with a bank. Has been since Oct 2001. How do they bank?

I stand corrected. I never thought of those issues when he posed the question.

Why is it they ask me for my ID and insurance papers everytime I goto a Dr or emergency room then? If they arent at least keeping track of stats like these how could we possiblly ever form a solution to deal with such problems? This if true needs to change. I get ID'd for everything why shouldnt they?
i know! I was id'd by the Walk in clinic I ended up going to just recently when I had Pneumonia...or maybe they just asked for my insurance card? hmm....i am wrong....i think they just took my insurance card and asked me a bunch of questions that I had to answer....

Medical facilities are not suppose to enforce or be a part of enforcing federal immigration law and I can honestly understand this position...it is not the time or the place and they are not govt law enforcement or ICE....nor should the hospital employees be made to be imho.

but, I do think that law enforcement should enforce federal immigration laws on the books instead of being so complacent, as they have been for decades!

and an id card does not prove citizenship ....my state did not require proof of citizenship for a drivers license and many other states were just like this one!

The second law, and a few others would be broken if they present false documentation to gain employment. Particularly false SS cards and State ID's.

Hell, I used to get three or four a week who would come in asking for employment. I would have them fill out an application, make copies of their paperwork, run 'em through E-verify. If something came up suspicious, I would call the VCSO fraud section. They would usually call me back and ask that I set up a second interview with the person. The VCSO would wait outside and arrest them when they came out.....Some were actually prosecuted, most were turned over to INS (ICE) and deported......At least I can say I've got a few of those bastards under my belt. Although a lot of 'em were probably right back over here within weeks.

Its certainly ilegal to be here but Ive never heard of a law that "they" are violating by working. The business owner is certainly breaking the law though
In that case, I can't see any problem with the agreement. The agreement applies to legal and illegal immigrants, as does the law. It’s not legal to mistreat the employee regardless of whether they are legal or not, so you can’t say in the agreement that it does not apply illegal aliens because the law applies to both.

Informing immigrants legal or otherwise of the their rights is not a bad thing. The employer that knowingly hires illegals can violate wage and hour laws, steal money from the employee by collecting social security without reporting it and violate other laws knowing the illegal is not going to say a word. If the employees know their rights and complain to the employer, then hiring illegals becomes a bit less attractive to the employer. I doubt this will have any major impact, but I don't see it causes a problem and in certainly not illegal.

The second law, and a few others would be broken if they present false documentation to gain employment. Particularly false SS cards and State ID's.

Hell, I used to get three or four a week who would come in asking for employment. I would have them fill out an application, make copies of their paperwork, run 'em through E-verify. If something came up suspicious, I would call the VCSO fraud section. They would usually call me back and ask that I set up a second interview with the person. The VCSO would wait outside and arrest them when they came out.....Some were actually prosecuted, most were turned over to INS (ICE) and deported......At least I can say I've got a few of those bastards under my belt. Although a lot of 'em were probably right back over here within weeks.
but this is about employers paying employees per our wage laws and holiday laws etc. Wicked? so I don't think it involves those giving fake SS cards or numbers because more than likely, those employers are not paying these illegals less than what the law requires, are they?

As I recall, the social reporting requirement is on the employer not the employee. If the employer does not ask the employee for the social security number, which an employer hiring illegals may not do, the employee is not violating the law. I agree that if the employee gives a false social security number, then he is breaking the law.

A lot illegals don't bank. They are paid in cash. Those that do use false ids.

Last edited:
I'm sure immigration thought you were as big an azz as the illegals...E verify is a joke...

The courts said they have to be given EMERGENCY care.They ask you cause they want to get paid- They ask them for an address too. That's how we get 750k bankruptcies a year. STUPIDEST system ever...Thank god for health reform, FINALLY. Pub dupes!

Forum List

Back