Obama's Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

NONE of this will work until we get a real workable work (SS)ID card. Elitist hypocrite Pubs know that and play you dupes like violins...Pass Schumer/Graham bill, chumps. And good night.

If an illegal alien works in the US, are they violating two laws, one for being in the US and one for working?
The second law, and a few others would be broken if they present false documentation to gain employment. Particularly false SS cards and State ID's.

Hell, I used to get three or four a week who would come in asking for employment. I would have them fill out an application, make copies of their paperwork, run 'em through E-verify. If something came up suspicious, I would call the VCSO fraud section. They would usually call me back and ask that I set up a second interview with the person. The VCSO would wait outside and arrest them when they came out.....Some were actually prosecuted, most were turned over to INS (ICE) and deported......At least I can say I've got a few of those bastards under my belt. Although a lot of 'em were probably right back over here within weeks.
but this is about employers paying employees per our wage laws and holiday laws etc. Wicked? so I don't think it involves those giving fake SS cards or numbers because more than likely, those employers are not paying these illegals less than what the law requires, are they?
I'm talking about illegals who use false documentation to gain employment, It's a big problem here in Southern California. They can work for almost a year under the radar at regular pay, and only get found out by the IRS when it's time to start issuing Tax Paperwork. Just because they fill out a w2 and it's sent to the IRS, the IRS generally doesn't enter the verification for months......They are known as job hoppers, and they know how to buck the system. They know just when to quit, and go find employment elsewhere, using entirely different false documentation. New name, SS number, etc.

Since E-verify has come into existence, it's a lot less prolific as it used to be, but it still happens when employers don't use it.

The agreement protects both legal and illegal workers. Solis said the agreements are aimed at educating migrant workers, regardless of how they got here, about their rights under U.S. law and to help prevent them from being abused in the workplace, either through wages, loss of job, or deportation. It may come as a surprise but illegals do have rights.

I seriously doubt that the agreement grants any additional rights.
Labor Dept. Signs 'Partnerships' with Foreign Gov

They don't HAVE any labor rights, because they're NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE WORKING.

I'm sure immigration thought you were as big an azz as the illegals...E verify is a joke...

The courts said they have to be given EMERGENCY care.They ask you cause they want to get paid- They ask them for an address too. That's how we get 750k bankruptcies a year. STUPIDEST system ever...Thank god for health reform, FINALLY. Pub dupes!
Are you fuckin' drunk, or stoned?

Nothing you just said in this post makes a damn bit of sense.

You're rambling hippie......That's one of the signs of a posible pending stroke. Lay off the booze and drugs before you drop like a rock, hippie.

The agreement protects both legal and illegal workers. Solis said the agreements are aimed at educating migrant workers, regardless of how they got here, about their rights under U.S. law and to help prevent them from being abused in the workplace, either through wages, loss of job, or deportation. It may come as a surprise but illegals do have rights.

They don't HAVE any labor rights, because they're NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE WORKING.
the Law does not differentiate between laws for legals verses illegals...and it never has....for anything that I can think of....

if it is against the law to murder then it is against the law to murder an illegal person as well as a legal person....

if it is against the law to speed, then it is against the law to speed, whether an illegal or a legal....if it is against the law to pay an employee less than minimum wage then it is against the law to pay any employee, whether illegal or legal, less than minimum wage....

the law does not give an exception to employer's on our wage laws just because the employer hires an illegal, nor should it!

That's what sucks about it.......They are setting the stage for amnesty.

Notice how shortly after meeting with La Raza a few weeks ago, Obama said the FED's would primarily focus on illegals who commit serious crime....And now, two weeks later they spring this shit on us.

It's all political. It's all about catering to hispanic voters.

They can only get emergency health care "on our dime"....It's touching how you pubs just love your illegal aliens totally discriminated against, real low wages, no rights....course you're racists too...very nice.

5 posts in and you're already off topic? Are you going for some sort of record? Seriously. "illegal aliens", "discriminated against", "low wages", "rights", "racists" all buzz words. Its like you're a walking bulletin board.

Mike

Obama's Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

Absolutely right!

Of course they have no right to have a job here to begin with, but that is a DIFFERENT ISSUE.

Now if an employer is found to have hired illegals, then they ought to be punished.

But if that employer is ALSO found to have hired illegals and paid them less than the prevailing wages for their work, if it turns out that their motive for hiring illegals was BECAUSE they would work for less money?

Then the penalties for having hired them out to be DRACONIAN.

This administation is OUT OF CONTROL.

They know their time is coming to a end. the people DON'T WANT THEM.

I was just reading this.

CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTIVE FOLKS.

SNIP:

Editorial: Obama Gives Free Rein To Union Thugs

Posted 06:40 PM ET

Workers' Freedom: A departing Obama administration bureaucrat just made the forcible unionization of American workers a lot easier. When it comes to bullying, this president has a double standard.

To do something about kids in school getting shoved around, the White House sends the first lady onto the Ellen Show to bemoan the supposed "culture of bullying" in America.

But when it comes to those kids' hard-working fathers and mothers struggling for a paycheck amid 9.1% unemployment, President Obama is only too happy to see them bullied at the hands of labor thugs.

Wilma Liebman, who has worked as a lawyer for big labor- and union-coddling government agencies unceasingly since 1974, left behind quite a present for her benefactors Sunday as she ended her chairmanship of the National Labor Relations Board. Included in a series of pro-union decisions was the bureaucratic enactment of "Card Check" over the heads of Congress.

Card Check means that if union forces can get most employees within a workplace to sign a card requesting a unionization election, the opposite happens: A secret ballot of workers is actually prohibited, and the union automatically comes into being — even if most workers oppose being unionized.

The need for privacy in workers expressing their wishes on the exercise of their right to organize must itself be protected as a fundamental right. It is, without question, the only way to stop union intimidation and thuggery of millions of Americans.

As the National Restaurant Association — whose members provide livelihoods to millions — has aptly stated: "An employee's decision to join a union should be made in private, protected from any coercion by unions, employers or co-workers."

In essence, the NLRB ruling undemocratically passes liberal Democrats' deceitfully named "Employee Free Choice Act" into law. As Rep. John Kline, R-Minn., chairman of the House Education and Workforce Committee, has said in opposition to that bill:

"It is beyond me how one can possibly claim that a system whereby everyone — your employer, your union organizer and your co-workers — knows exactly how you vote on the issue of unionization gives an employee 'free choice.'"

No one would agree to ending voter privacy in elections for president, senators, congressmen, governors and mayors. In union organizing, the likelihood of threats and actual violence are far greater.

Kline now accuses the NLRB of "unloading a barrage of bureaucratic activism that will devastate employees and job creators."

the rest at..
Editorial: Obama Gives Free Rein To Union Thugs - Investors.com
Typical. This Administration has no respect for the law.

And calling it the Employee Free Choice Act is Orwellian.

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...
If America sucks so bad, get the hell out.

i don't think that's what he's saying.

and the law says that everyone is entitled to minimum wage b/c being allowed to pay illegals differently would be against public policy and an incentive to hire illegals.

i assume you don't have a problem with that.

and, for the record, he's right about the cost of health care. we're the only 'civilized' country in the world who doesn't take care of it's own.

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...

and the law says that everyone is entitled to minimum wage b/c being allowed to pay illegals differently would be against public policy and an incentive to hire illegals.

and, for the record, he's right about the cost of health care. we're the only 'civilized' country in the world who doesn't take care of it's own.
All he ever does is bitch about America. But he's here sucking up our resources.

Ungrateful bastard. He needs to go back home.

Yes, there are laws against illegal workers of all kinds, but "freedom loving " Pubs won't pass laws for good work ID cards- that would be COMMUNIST- so they coincidentally keep the cheap labor, etc. that prevents a modern country.
The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (500k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?
You are an idiot a-hole.

All he ever does is bitch about America. But he's here sucking up our resources.

Ungrateful bastard. He needs to go back home.

i haven't seen that.

but i see a lot of rightwingnut immigrant hating lunatics on the board (not referring to you. you know that) .... which, frankly, is looking like a cesspool since i was away for two weeks.

Forum List

Back