Obama's Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

The agreement protects both legal and illegal workers. Solis said the agreements are aimed at educating migrant workers, regardless of how they got here, about their rights under U.S. law and to help prevent them from being abused in the workplace, either through wages, loss of job, or deportation. It may come as a surprise but illegals do have rights.

I seriously doubt that the agreement grants any additional rights.
Labor Dept. Signs 'Partnerships' with Foreign Gov
Illegal alliens have no rights in the work place or any where else in this country. The only right they have is the right to leave.

i don't think that's what he's saying.

and the law says that everyone is entitled to minimum wage b/c being allowed to pay illegals differently would be against public policy and an incentive to hire illegals.

i assume you don't have a problem with that.

and, for the record, he's right about the cost of health care. we're the only 'civilized' country in the world who doesn't take care of it's own.
All he ever does is bitch about America. But he's here sucking up our resources.

Ungrateful bastard. He needs to go back home.

i haven't seen that.

but i see a lot of rightwingnut immigrant hating lunatics on the board (not referring to you. you know that) .... which, frankly, is looking like a cesspool since i was away for two weeks.
Wondered where you were. Good to see you again. :)

Yes, there are a handful of conservative racists here. I call them out. But please don't assume that opposition to illegal immigration is due solely to racism. I don't care what race illegals are...I don't want them here.

No, it's against the law for illegal aliens to work in the U.S.A. The Obama administration is openly disobeying our countries laws!

The PJ Tatler » Obama’s Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’
Of course it's illegal for them to be here but are you saying an illegal alien can be prosecuted for holding a job in the US in addition to being here?
Sounds good to me. Seems it would be fraud, because obviously they lied to get the job.

All he ever does is bitch about America. But he's here sucking up our resources.

Ungrateful bastard. He needs to go back home.

i haven't seen that.

but i see a lot of rightwingnut immigrant hating lunatics on the board (not referring to you. you know that) .... which, frankly, is looking like a cesspool since i was away for two weeks.
Wondered where you were. Good to see you again. :)

Yes, there are a handful of conservative racists here. I call them out. But please don't assume that opposition to illegal immigration is due solely to racism. I don't care what race illegals are...I don't want them here.

thanks, dave. good to see you, too. i was in europe with my entire family. a good time had by all, but got stuck in spain for an extra 3 days when our flight got canceled because of the storm.

i understand. and i would prefer that our immigration laws were properly enforced. that said, there is also a humane way to do things. not giving medical treatment to people isn't one of them.

They can only get emergency health care "on our dime"....It's touching how you pubs just love your illegal aliens totally discriminated against, real low wages, no rights....course you're racists too...very nice.

Federal Law makes it a CRIME to hire illegal Aliens. Federal Law makes it a crime to work without a Social Security number, something an illegal can not LEGALLY get. Federal Law makes it illegal for illegal aliens to hold jobs in this Country.

Libs are brain damaged retards in regards illegal aliens.

almost as brain dead as the republicans that hire all the illegals.

you mean no Democrats hire any?.....where the fuck do you live?.....

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...
Hey you idiot. It would be cheaper to kick them out. Stop shitting out your mouth idiot.

No, it's against the law for illegal aliens to work in the U.S.A. The Obama administration is openly disobeying our countries laws!

The PJ Tatler » Obama’s Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

What law is she openly disobeying?

She is an idiot, true. But sentiments arent the same as actions.
If an illegal alien works in the US, are they violating two laws, one for being in the US and one for working?
Yes.

Illegal immigration is wrong and so is not paying a fair wage. Both need to be prosecuted.
Paying an illegal immigrant is wrong, prosecute that.

loon...

shouldn't you be prosecuting the people hiring the illegals?

Absolutely.
Reading what he wrote, it seems that is what he is saying.

"Paying an illegal immigrant is wrong, prosecute that"

Sounds like he is saying exactly that.

Why call him a loon?

Yup, you're a hero...
Nope, just doin' right by my country, and helping to ensure that employment laws were being upheld. As I was required to do by law as a business owner.

But then, you're too fuckin' stupid to understand, so addressing you is a moot point.

Never mind, Ya' hippie pig!

the guys from Warsaw....what do you expect....:eusa_angel:

Having illegals go to low cost clinics would be much cheaper than the ER care they get now...ever consider a GODDAMN modern country, MUCH CHEAPER and BETTER than this GODAMN Pub mess, Grampa? STUPID hater MESS it is...
If America sucks so bad, get the hell out.

I agree. Don't like it here. Think it sucks you can alway pack your ditti bag and go back where you came from.

Wonder if Mexico will provide free HC if your illegal in their Country??

Ain't holding my breath.

Folks. We are BROKE and we have loads of Americans who receive everything on the taxpayer dime.

We cannot afford to dispense free medical care to illegal non citizens.

One more time, WE ARE BROKE.

Open up your eyes folks.

This new "directive" is exactly what we all want...it was an ingenious move by this administration and we should commend them for it.

It is illegal to hire an undocumented immigrant. If you pay lower than a legal wage and you are reported, you will be prosecuted for hiring an undocumented immigrant. Therefore, most employers will refrain from hiring undocumented immingrants as they will no longer be able to "save money" by paying them less than the minimum wage.

This move will likely result in a drastic decrease in border crossings...and likely help with our unemployment issue.

Not a fan of Obama...but he deserves to be commended for this.

I would like to believe that Jarhead, but these employers don't expect to be caught. That is why they feel its okay to use them to begin with.

Forum List

Back