Obama's HUGE blunder at NH Town Hall meeting.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Well--you gotta love it when Obama is unscripted--& actually answers those off the cuff questions. This one--I'll bet he wishes he could take back. A question was asked of him today regarding his proposed health care bill at the NH town hall meeting 8/11/09: Question was--Will your public government plan drive out private insurance companies. Obama's response:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTi-WdOu2s]YouTube - post office[/ame]

Obama just gave us a perfect example of why the Federal Government should not provide a public option or a planned take-over of the health care industry--because the U.S. post office is currently 14 BILLION dollars in the hole. :lol:

Last edited:
Why is your screen name oreo.

It could be a racist reference or it could be more innocent. You have refused to answer in the past. That makes me suspicious it is a racist reference.

Well--you gotta love it when Obama is unscripted--& actually answers those off the cuff questions. This one--I'll bet he wishes he could take back. A question was asked of him today regarding his proposed health care bill at the NH town hall meeting 8/11/09: Question was--Will your public government plan drive out private insurance companies. Obama's response:

YouTube - post office

Obama just gave us a perfect example of why the Federal Government should not provide a public option or a planned take-over of the health care industry--because the U.S. post office is currently 14 BILLION dollars in the hole. :lol:

As stated by myself and others many times - when off script, Obama is a bumbler - consistently inconsistent, making claims that simply do not stand up to even the sightest scrutiny.

You are correct - here he gives a very legitimate answer as to why the government should NOT be involved to a greater degree in health care - it cannot compete efficiently, just like the Postal Service which runs billions in debt each year...

YouTube - post office

As stated by myself and others many times - when off script, Obama is a bumbler - consistently inconsistent, making claims that simply do not stand up to even the sightest scrutiny.

You are correct - here he gives a very legitimate answer as to why the government should NOT be involved to a greater degree in health care - it cannot compete efficiently, just like the Postal Service which runs billions in debt each year...

The US postal service is doing better than AIG, GM, Chrysler, Bank of America, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Berkshire Hathaway, Morgan Stanley, Citi Group, CIT, Enron, World Com, Health South etc

Government is doing a good job providing healthcare for our prima dona congress. Why don't we privatize the military if the government cannot run anything.

Government has more bureauracracy than the private sector but the private sector has more than their share of failings.

That is why a combined private/public program is the best option

It could be a racist reference or it could be more innocent. You have refused to answer in the past. That makes me suspicious it is a racist reference.
he has a thing for great tasting cookies
you got a problem with that?

Oreo is a she.

Maybe she picked it because it's America's favorite cookie!

The US postal service is doing better than AIG, GM, Chrysler, Bank of America, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Berkshire Hathaway, Morgan Stanley, Citi Group, CIT, Enron, World Com, Health South etc

What the hell kind of comparison is that? Your argument is just stupid.

The US Postal Service cannot compete with FedEx and UPS, and that was true even before the advent of the Internet reduced letter carriage. That being said, government sponsored health care will not be able to compete with insurance companies, unless those companies are forced to a non-compete status, which is exactly what this health care package will do.

Government is doing a good job providing healthcare for our prima dona congress. Why don't we privatize the military if the government cannot run anything.

Jesus fucking Christ you are full of horrible ideas. Privatize the military so different groups can raise their own armies? What a stupid thing to say.

Government has more bureauracracy than the private sector but the private sector has more than their share of failings.

The private sector is allowed to fail too. Most companies that operate in the red are not allowed to continue to operate, while the government is. If FedEx or UPS were operating at $14 billion deficits, well...I'll stop right there, FedEx and UPS WOULDN'T operate at $14 billion deficits. They would cease to exist.

This doesn't even warrant a response, as the rest of your post was just fucking stupid.

We have Government run health care already, it is called Medicare and medicaid and go ahead tell us how great THOSE programs are at keeping costs down and properly serving the people covered by them. By the way Obama and the dems are stripping money from Medicare as we speak and trying to take even more.

YouTube - post office

Government has more bureauracracy than the private sector but the private
sector has more than their share of failings.

I guess the failures at AIG, Bank of America, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citi Group, Enron, World Com, had anything to do with government DEREGULATION of them in the 1990's. And of course Fannie/Freddie another government run agency & ground zero for this current economic collapse in which our government decided that it would be a great idea to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country, also had nothing to do with your above listed private sector failures.---:lol:

Yep--our government has a wonderful track record--& now the U.S. post office is only 14 BILLION DOLLARS in red ink.

Our federal government couldn't run a lemonaid stand without bankrupting it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Actually what happened to the Finanacial sector wasn't so much deregulation as it was a a regulatory tipping point at the state and local level was reached that was going to spell financial disaster for almost everyone associated with the building trades. Again ask yuor self a question, why in the hell in a nation in which the median income is around 40k are new homes averaging between 6 and 8 times that amount?

We have Government run health care already, it is called Medicare and medicaid and go ahead tell us how great THOSE programs are at keeping costs down and properly serving the people covered by them. By the way Obama and the dems are stripping money from Medicare as we speak and trying to take even more.

Medicare and medicaid do a pretty fair job. The private sector prefers not to serve the higher risk demographic.
Do you want to do away with Medicare and Medicaid and turn it over to the private sector?

You were int the military. What did you think of your VA program.

Medicare and medicaid do a pretty fair job.

Please don't use the word "fair" to describe Medicaid. It is far from fair that fat, worthless slobs get free health care for not working when the rest of us have to pay for our premiums AND co-pays.

Medicare is a different story. I don't feel it is the most adequate system, but it is not as easily taken advantage of as Medicaid is.

The VA sucks balls. You're referencing the outfit that wanted to x-ray my kidneys as they suspected I might have some sort of kidney disease and then gave me some stuff to take before I went down for the x-rays that was labeled in bold print do not drink this material if have or suspect you might have kidney disease

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Oreo is a she.

Maybe she picked it because it's America's favorite cookie!

No way is he a she. I envisioned a big fat guy with long scruffy beard that smokes and does not shower very often.
Maybe it is a big fat woman with a long scruffy beard that smokes and does not shower very often.

If they like Oreos that is good.

If she named herself for racial reasons she is slime.

Medicare and medicaid do a pretty fair job.

Please don't use the word "fair" to describe Medicaid. It is far from fair that fat, worthless slobs get free health care for not working when the rest of us have to pay for our premiums AND co-pays.

Medicare is a different story. I don't feel it is the most adequate system, but it is not as easily taken advantage of as Medicaid is.

If it is a government program all those that can pay must do so.

Too many are looking for a free ride.

Worse is corporations that hire part time employees so they do not have to pay benefits. This ultimately forces them to use medicaid. Our tax dollars subsidize the corporations along with individuals. (Wal-Mart)

Oreo is how the left used to reference people like Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, and Walter Williams. Supposedly because they were bright articulate African-American and CONSERVATIVE they were said to be black on the outside and white on the inside. If Oreo is actually African american (I have no idea and could care less) and is actually attempting to identify with such men as the former I see nothing wrong with itat all and ore power to him/her.

Last edited:
I want to make it clear I have nothing against women with beards. I dated many in college. I found women with beards were easier to get dates with.

Women without beards tend to be full of themselves.

Forum List

Back