Obama's: Go for it = Bring it on?

Oh, but wait, I thought we had the best healthcare in the world! before this bill?

So if the government fucks up everything, and it was involved in at least 50% of healthcare, how did we have the best healthcare in the world until now?

And now this little additional push is going to destroy everything? Face it, a trillion over 10 years is not that much. The pentagon spends that in 2.

I simply cannot hope to reason with someone who can type this. If you cave in to the logic of a trillion as no big deal, you have already lost.

A trillion to help Americans for 10 years? $100B per year?

Oh, well thanks for breaking it down into littler units. $100b. per year? Can you see yourself saying this? Gee, what was I thinking? A mere $273m. per day. Was that American earned dollars or just Chinese lent money?

March 19-20, 54% oppose. (Look at that, a link to support a claim, even one that most non-morons already know.)

68% of Americans say the country is on the wrong track.

Congress has a sacred duty and they failed.

Yes, dingus, of those 54%, about half oppose because it doesn't do enough.

Wrong track? Maybe cause it took so fuckin long to pass the damn thing!

Friendly wager? I say HC polls and direction of country will surge next month. If even one goes down, I lose. Name yo price.

BTW, Rasmussen is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RNC. Why don't I post a DailyKos poll for god's sake?

Last edited:
March 19-20, 54% oppose. (Look at that, a link to support a claim, even one that most non-morons already know.)

Friendly wager? I say HC polls and direction of country will surge next month. If even one goes down, I lose. Name yo price.

BTW, Rasmussen is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RNC. Why don't I post a DailyKos poll for god's sake?

What idiot votes against something that leans their way? A rational person would support it for at least making progress. Half? That is simply dishonest.

What idiot votes against something that leans their way? A rational person would support it for at least making progress. Half? That is simply dishonest.
Silly you. Don't you know that libs have the ability to read minds?

same arrogance, no? same unwillingness to talk, no?

Talk about what? Joining the Republicans to repeal a bill he just signed?

Is there not NOT ONE RIGHTWING NUT on this board who understands the consequences of elections? ...and more importantly, can exhibit an iota of dignity about dealing with those consequences?

What was the level of dignity when Dems lost the Mass. Senate seat? Your understanding of that election was (is) very poor as well.

The Senate healthcare bill had already passed when Scott Brown was elected.

Where in the FUCK do you get the idea that his election was retroactive?

Talk about what? Joining the Republicans to repeal a bill he just signed?

Is there not NOT ONE RIGHTWING NUT on this board who understands the consequences of elections? ...and more importantly, can exhibit an iota of dignity about dealing with those consequences?

What was the level of dignity when Dems lost the Mass. Senate seat? Your understanding of that election was (is) very poor as well.

Topic of the post was dignity. Up your reading comprehension, I hold out little hope on the dignity.

Topic of the post was dignity. Up your reading comprehension, I hold out little hope on the dignity.

What was the undignified response to the Brown election, by Democrats?

And the health care crisis is because of TOO MUCH government regulation and involvement, NOT TOO LITTLE or ZERO involvement.

Before Obama signed on the dotted line, our government was already involved in health care in at least 50% of it. This expansion of involvement will only guarantee worse results.

Oh, but wait, I thought we had the best healthcare in the world! before this bill?

So if the government fucks up everything, and it was involved in at least 50% of healthcare, how did we have the best healthcare in the world until now?

And now this little additional push is going to destroy everything? Face it, a trillion over 10 years is not that much. The pentagon spends that in 2.

You do understand that you cannot even count to one trillion in your lifetime?

Most Americans view this bill as an infringement on our freedoms. Freedoms granted to us. Those freedoms cannot be bought with wooden nickels.

Now, as you don't seem to get the point, not all is bought with dollars and wooden nickels is a metaphor. :rolleyes:

You're mistaken. It's not most, it's some. Of those some, many are just going from the lies they've heard in the RW echo chamber. Actually, more than half have always wanted "This or more." Public option, for example, has seen consistent positive poll results.

Not everyone is into politics the way we are. As people realize there's no death panels, no rationed care, and your new doctor is not going to be Mussolini, the polls will surge, or at the very least this new system will be accepted.

Hopefully we will be able to find a new Doctor. They will soon be in short supply.

What was the undignified response to the Brown election, by Democrats?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aQCiRjvZY]YouTube - Hitler Finds Out Scott Brown Won Massachusetts Senate Seat[/ame]

Ok ok so maybe its just a joke but it is worth a watch :D

He is an arrogant fucker, especially considering how so many americans are against it.

FOXNews.com - Obama Dares Republicans to Pursue Repeal of Health Care Law

There is no proof at all that the majority of americans are against it, polls are often very unaccurate (especially when it comes to large a large statistical population). Example that proves how flawed polls are: How many polls said that Obama was going to win the elections (from the start)?

The only real proof of how popular/unpopular this bill is will be when election day comes.

Last edited:
He is an arrogant fucker, especially considering how so many americans are against it.

There is no proof at all that the majority of americans are against it, polls are often very unaccurate (especially when it comes to large a large statistical population). Example that proves how flawed polls are: How many polls said that Obama was going to win the elections (from the start)?

The only real proof of how popular/unpopular this bill is will be when election day comes.

Really? The MA Senate election didn't help you any? No Republican support at all? We have some people running around commiting violence, that seems normal? When the election comes you'll just move the goal posts and blame unemployment.

There is more proof the majority of Americans were against it than for it. The polls may have been inaccurate, yes, but none other than far left polls showed a majority support.
The only part of the vote that was bi-partisan were the nays.

President Obama is supposed to be for the people. He should have compassion for those that were against the bill (law) and not ridicule them or egg them on. He should have used his time in front of a national audience to let them know that he appreciates their concerns and assure them that they will benefit from it in time.

Not use the time to ridicule them and say "see, the sky is not falling" when, all the while, nothing has been implenmented yet.

I was very disenchanted with the behavior of our President. It was a sign of immaturity.

He made it sound like he BEAT the Americans he is supposed to be serving.

Really? The MA Senate election didn't help you any? No Republican support at all? We have some people running around commiting violence, that seems normal? When the election comes you'll just move the goal posts and blame unemployment.

Scot Brown has won the election because he was the better candidate (national politics were not the biggest factor for his victory), his opposing candidate didn't even bother to show up (she was on vacation). I would have voted for him, because the other candidate just did not deserve it.

Violence, yes considering what effort has made to promote it. Especially when you have people like palin just begging for violence to happen ... In normal countries "inciting violence" is a crime, in the US it s normal: so yes the violence is normal in a "special" country like the US

“Commonsense Conservatives & lovers of America: ‘Don’t Retreat, Instead – RELOAD!’”_____________________________ Sarah Palin

http://www.alan.com/2010/03/24/palin-puts-gun-sighs-on-target-map-says-ti/

24972_382925783587_24718773587_3655178_2736968_n.jpg

There is more proof the majority of Americans were against it than for it. The polls may have been inaccurate, yes, but none other than far left polls showed a majority support.
The only part of the vote that was bi-partisan were the nays.

President Obama is supposed to be for the people. He should have compassion for those that were against the bill (law) and not ridicule them or egg them on. He should have used his time in front of a national audience to let them know that he appreciates their concerns and assure them that they will benefit from it in time.

Not use the time to ridicule them and say "see, the sky is not falling" when, all the while, nothing has been implenmented yet.

I was very disenchanted with the behavior of our President. It was a sign of immaturity.

He made it sound like he BEAT the Americans he is supposed to be serving.

If that were true than he d have used the 51 vote rule (or his filibusterproof majority) from the beginning and not bother with trying to involve republicans who already had made their position clear before knowing what would be in the bill.

He did not ridicule them, they ridiculed themselves by being incredibly obstructionist. "Say NO" is indeed what a mother says to its child if its wants to use drugs, this is not something that full grown people use as an "argument". And saying NO to something before knowing what it is is just THE steriotype of an obstructionist.

He did use his time to let the american people know that he appreciates their concerns and assured them that they will benefit from it in time: that s why his party changed the bill and made it a compromise. You ll notice that the far left is very unhappy about the bill because of the compromise that has been made towards conservative & republican americans. Besides that the president kept out of the legislative process in order not to "dictate" the bill upon the american people, he even went out to the public to convince the people of why this bill is important. He even incorporated several ideas from republicans into the bill and thanked them for it.

Ok true, the bipartisanship that opposed the bill showed that their are big concerns against the bill from constituents from conservative states. But you can not ignore that republicans and the right-wing media have blown this bill all out of proprotion by using scare tactics (remember the "dead squads"? "Abortion" which is not even mentioned in the bill). The opposition is more a result of the effective scare tactics that the republicans, ensurance lobby-groups used. It appears to have been effective, they have done a good job at protecting insurance companies and their interests (higher premiums).

As far as representing the people: imho he is, republicans seem to be the ones who are not representing the people (but representing the insurance industry). What good arguments did they use? (healthcare costs will be lowered according to independent sources, their is nothing true of the abortion/deathsquads in the bill, ...)

Last edited:
Munin,

The helmet is too tight or the nitrogen too rich. Massachusetts was a referendum on Dems and health care reform. Ignore it or discount it at your own risk.

Forum List

Back