Obama's: Go for it = Bring it on?

Go for it!

You will once again be on the outside looking in. The GOP just doesn't get it. They are a party in exile and continue to push the positions that got them exiled in the first place.

Dems will keep both the House and the Senate in the next election. Republicans will remain...the "party of no" until they figure out that obstructionism is not the way to win back the American voters

They will gain enough seats to become the party of consequence with conservative Dems.

They need 67 seats in the senate to override a veto. 10 to get 51...

Conservative Dem? No such animal. After the elections, moderate Dems will be Dems again.

I understand your frustration, I felt the same way when Bush had the WH but your party is throwing away an opportunity to make gains in congress by letting these teabaggers take over. They're loose cannons and the emerging leaders are batshit crazy.

Fox News and Limbaugh fire up the Tea Baggers and set them loose on any Republican who dares to stray from the Conservative Line. This boxes in the Republicans to a political position that only appeals to 30% of the population. Unless they get a better issue to play the fear card (Like they had with terrorism) they will not appeal to the other 20%

Go for it!

You will once again be on the outside looking in. The GOP just doesn't get it. They are a party in exile and continue to push the positions that got them exiled in the first place.

Dems will keep both the House and the Senate in the next election. Republicans will remain...the "party of no" until they figure out that obstructionism is not the way to win back the American voters

They will gain enough seats to become the party of consequence with conservative Dems.

Conservative Dem? No such animal. After the elections, moderate Dems will be Dems again.

I understand your frustration, I felt the same way when Bush had the WH but your party is throwing away an opportunity to make gains in congress by letting these teabaggers take over. They're loose cannons and the emerging leaders are batshit crazy.

No frustration from my part. I'm very confident we will make the gains.

It's pretty funny listening to awkward gyrations necessary to ignore the facts on the ground.

The real truth - whether you are too indoctrinated by rhetoric to admit it or not - if that the Republicans are not in any position to take full advantage of their opportunities and without a pretty drastic change of course, their opportunities will be shrinking fast between now and November.

Look what happen to the British Conservative Party. They too thought their only problem was that they weren't being loud enough or beligerent enough. How did that work out for them? They haven't had a majority in what? 13 years?

Now that our economic recovery is showing real traction (even though the apoplectic, purple-faced, fear mongers SWORE it wouldn't happen and banked their political fortunes on the "inevitable" failure of stimulus efforts.) they are scrambling to turn attention away from the egg dripping off their collective faces by shouting about how this healthcare plan is going to be the end of life as we know it on the planet and are NOW trying to shift their political fortunes out of the economy and into healthcare.

But what happens if the world doesn't stop turning? What happens when the budget doesn't balloon but actually is helped by this bill (as non-partisan analysis suggests). All their other gloom and doom "guarantees" have proven to be nothing but hot air. What if this ones turns out to be the same? Where are they then?

We're seeing real progress in Iraq qand Afghanistan, the economy is showing real signs of life... If healthcare "guarantees" prove to be just more of the same old fear-mongerintg bluster, will the voters hold the GOP accountable for all their hate and fear mongering?

Stay tuned .........

Last edited:
GWB says "Bring it on!" to foreign enemies and the left goes guano crazy.

BHO says "Go for it!" to Americans and there are cricket chirps from the left.

Go figure, huh?

Ronald Reagan was never shy about talking a little trash to his political opposition either. Your supporters get energized by it.

If this is all you can come up with, Obama must be one of the greatest presidents of all time .......

Wall Street is still in major disconnect mode with Main Street. Schools across America are running out of Stimulus money. There are going to to be massive job cuts at schools across the country. The timing couldn't be worse either, with much of it happening this summer and early fall. Four banks failed Friday. There is a 17% commerical property vacancy rate. More foreclosures on the way. The million person Census army will be gone by November too. These are all facts versus your wishful thinking nodoginnafight.

Ronald Reagan was never shy about talking a little trash to his political opposition either. Your supporters get energized by it.

If this is all you can come up with, Obama must be one of the greatest presidents of all time .......
For some, their energy comes from thinking rather than emotions. Nice concept. For others, there is just emotion and hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Wall Street is still in major disconnect mode with Main Street. Schools across America are running out of Stimulus money. There are going to to be massive job cuts at schools across the country. The timing couldn't be worse either, with much of it happening this summer and early fall. Four banks failed Friday. There is a 17% commerical property vacancy rate. More foreclosures on the way. The million person Census army will be gone by November too. These are all facts versus your wishful thinking nodoginnafight.

Funny how you twist my facts on the ground into "wishfull thinking" while YOUR post is littered with "their are going to be ..." More ... on the way" ... and you call your preditions "fact."

Very amusing mental gyrations necessary for that.

The facts suggest that your preditions are no different than your hyper-inflation and stimulus failure preditions proved to be.

A smart person learns from their mistakes

He is an arrogant fucker, especially considering how so many americans are against it.

FOXNews.com - Obama Dares Republicans to Pursue Repeal of Health Care Law

But let us be honest here. That arrogance comes from being in politics and having arisen to high level national politics and eventually to the highest level in the land. It really doesn't have as much to do with him as a person as it does with the station in life he has found himself.

Republicans are not any different. When they were trying to bring about SS reform they didn't treat opponents any different than the Democrats did for HRC and the liberals didn't behave any differently than conservatives have behaved in regards to HRC. The one and only difference is that the Democrats succeeded and unfortunately, the Republicans did not.

Immie

Funny how you twist my facts on the ground into "wishfull thinking" while YOUR post is littered with "their are going to be ..." More ... on the way" ... and you call your preditions "fact."

Very amusing mental gyrations necessary for that.

The facts suggest that your preditions are no different than your hyper-inflation and stimulus failure preditions proved to be.

A smart person learns from their mistakes

You better start learning then. I'd begin by verifying that schools are closing. Try to search for Detroit schools to close or Kansas City. Go to the government site and see how much more is earmarked for schools from the Stimulus. Those Census jobs permanent? The stimulus did fail. Still massive unemployment, foreclosures and bankrupt corporations. Inflation is going to happen. 0bama can't approve government spending like this without inflation at some point.

LOL - admitting a mistake is hard. I understand that. But your hole is deep enough - you might want to toss aside the shovel now.

LOL - admitting a mistake is hard. I understand that. But your hole is deep enough - you might want to toss aside the shovel now.

I'll take that as, you choose to ignore the facts and are going the willful ignorance route. Going to tear out a deck this afternoon, so I'm sure the shovel and 12 lbs. sledge hammer will be found soon.

it appears so, but it is not like he is invitng more terrorism or something.

don't try and compare this to Bush's bring em on rhetoric.

same arrogance, no? same unwillingness to talk, no?

No. If you remember the Whitehouse summit where he invited everyone to come and talk? Repubs sat around acting like lumps they had nothing to offer.. ever.

He also went to the Republican retreat and offered to talk all dang day. Nope, they couldn't handle it.

We're sick of trying to get them engaged in any kind of governing. Every republican one of them are lame.

If that were true, then some 218 amendments to HRC would not have been part of the bill because they were Republican amendments. I don't remember which Democratic insider said 218 and I have not tried to verify that number. David Axelrod(D) was on tv the other day defending the bill and he claimed it was a slightly lower number, I think he said it was 169, but don't quote me on the number.

Immie

Go for it!

I think you are mistaken. I think when the campaign comes along you will find many GOP candidates distancing themselves from the practices of the Tea Partiers.

Immie

I'll take that as...

Of course you will take statements as whatever you choose regardless of what they actually say. You demonstrate a real committment to that appraoch. Just as you take your "this is gonna happen just you wait and see ..." as "fact."

Don't blame me for being able to see through your bullshit.

Don't worry folks. Obama and his smart ass, unpolished, uncouth, UNPresidential, ****** dialect mouth will be his undoing. Let him talk. The more he talks that shit, the more people can see him for what he is, and the more they hate him. For being so damn smart, he sure acts fucking stupid, and it's the STUPID people that are drawn to the way he acts.

Last edited:
I'll take that as...

Of course you will take statements as whatever you choose regardless of what they actually say. You demonstrate a real committment to that appraoch. Just as you take your "this is gonna happen just you wait and see ..." as "fact."

Don't blame me for being able to see through your bullshit.

Bobb sets town hall meetings on Detroit school closings
03/26/2010

Detroit -- The Detroit Public Schools' financial manager has scheduled a series of town hall meetings to get parental and community response to a plan that includes closing schools.

Under the five-year master facilities plan announced by Robert Bobb last week, 44 schools would be closed in June.

From The Detroit News: Bobb sets town hall meetings on Detroit school closings | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Budget, Quality, Population Issues Lead Cities to Close Schools: Is Yours Next?
Kansas City, Mo., to Cut Nearly Half of Its Public Schools, Officials Cite Drop in Enrollment, Funding

By HUMA KHAN
March 17, 2010

Jermaine Jenkins has no idea where his 4-year-old son will be going to school next year.

Jenkins is one of hundreds of parents in Kansas City, Mo., who will be impacted when the district shutters nearly half of its schools in the fall, a move that could put Jenkins' son out of school.

Of the district's 61 schools, 26 will be closed or consolidated come August. This includes high schools, middle schools, elementary schools and early childhood centers, which includes Faxon Montessori, a public elementary school and early childhood center that Jenkins' son attends. The remaining two public Montessoris, Jenkins says, are nearly at full capacity.

"They say they can't enroll any child right now. I don't know where my son is going to go to school next year," said Jenkins, who serves as the president of Faxon's Parent-Teacher Association. "They are not thinking of whole overall. They're just thinking capacity and money."

The Kansas City school board's decision last week sent shockwaves through the country, and experts say this could just be the beginning.

Experts say the district has long suffered from mismanagement and did not keep up with the shifting dynamics; hence, the cuts were long overdue. But while Kansas City's case may be unique because of the size of closures and the drastic reduction in enrollment, it does signal a trend that is likely to accelerate in these tough economic times.

"When districts are forced into draconian budget cuts, school closureis the last resort. It's a very painful decision to make but sometimes districts are forced to make them," said Tom Loveless, a senior fellow at the Brown Center on Education Policy at Washington-based think tank, the Brookings Institution.

It may be unpopular but, after Kansas City's announcement, both economists and educators are calling for other struggling cities to re-evaluate their school districts.

Tough economic times actually present an opportunity to school districts to evaluate the size of their student population and their building maintenance costs, which are the second largest expense after teacher salaries, according to Smarick.

"State budgets are in as bad a shape as they've been. Budgets are making them face tougher decisions," Smarick said. "This is actually a case where budget deficits can help districts make decisions they need." It's a downsizing many, including Kansas City's superintendent John Covington, dub as "right-sizing."

Yes, I made up the WHOLE thing. :lol: Care to prove any of my other points false? I can post sources for those too.

Forum List

Back