Obama's Dimestore 'Mein Kampf'

So tell us do you agree with Reilly that cause Obama is black he gets a pass on his obvious racist comments? Then remind us what you thought of the Trent Lott affair. Ohh you can always play Reilly's game and claim IGNORANCE on the going ons with Trent Lott.

Where did I say that Obama gets a pass on racist comments? I did make the point that racist language is viewed differently by society when it is made by a black person rather than by a white person. That is a descriptive not a normative comment. I happen to understand why though.

Where has Obama ever made racist comments? If you are referring to his coming of age story where he grappled with the dual identity of being mixed race, I hardly think those are racist comments.

For the last time, I really don't remember what I thought about the Lott incident when it happened. To be honest, I don't remember enough of it to even tell you what I think about it today. It wasn't a crucial moment in my life. I don't know why you insist I am lying.

Where did I say that Obama gets a pass on racist comments? I did make the point that racist language is viewed differently by society when it is made by a black person rather than by a white person. That is a descriptive not a normative comment. I happen to understand why though.

Where has Obama ever made racist comments? If you are referring to his coming of age story where he grappled with the dual identity of being mixed race, I hardly think those are racist comments.

For the last time, I really don't remember what I thought about the Lott incident when it happened. To be honest, I don't remember enough of it to even tell you what I think about it today. It wasn't a crucial moment in my life. I don't know why you insist I am lying.

Look it up and then apply it to your support for Obama. THAT is the point. Obama is a racist or incredibly stupid, either case he shouldn't be President.

Look it up and then apply it to your support for Obama. THAT is the point. Obama is a racist or incredibly stupid, either case he shouldn't be President.

Look what up? My descriptive point. You do know the difference between descriptive and normative don't you?

I see nothing to suggest that Obama is racist. As far, as I know, he doesn't hate whites (including Grandma). I think it is also pretty clear he is not stupid, but that could just be me over-influenced by the Editor of the Harvard Law Review line on his resume.

Look what up? My descriptive point. You do know the difference between descriptive and normative don't you?

I see nothing to suggest that Obama is racist. As far, as I know, he doesn't hate whites (including Grandma). I think it is also pretty clear he is not stupid, but that could just be me over-influenced by the Editor of the Harvard Law Review line on his resume.

You are amazing. Look up the Trent Lott affair. Ohh wait, now your going to ask me what that has to do with anything, right?

You guys on the left are simply amazing. You are so much smarter than the rest of us we have to spend pages asking you a simply question cause your to stupid to know what it is. Or more likely you think if you dodge enough we will give up in disgust.

You are amazing. Look up the Trent Lott affair. Ohh wait, now your going to ask me what that has to do with anything, right?

You guys on the left are simply amazing. You are so much smarter than the rest of us we have to spend pages asking you a simply question cause your to stupid to know what it is. Or more likely you think if you dodge enough we will give up in disgust.

Again with Trent Lott? You asked the question and I responded immediately. I don't remember how I felt about the Trent Lott issue. I know he stepped down from his leadership post because of something he said in support of somebody... (Jesse Helms?), but I don't remember the specifics. It was not a big moment in my life. You should apologize for calling me a liar. You have no basis to make such a claim.

By the way, I already pointed out that society views things differently when a white person says something racist (or arguably racist) than when a black person does. Surely, based upon your fixation with Trent Lott, you would agree. No?

Again with Trent Lott? You asked the question and I responded immediately. I don't remember how I felt about the Trent Lott issue. I know he stepped down from his leadership post because of something he said in support of somebody... (Jesse Helms?), but I don't remember the specifics. It was not a big moment in my life. You should apologize for calling me a liar. You have no basis to make such a claim.

By the way, I already pointed out that society views things differently when a white person says something racist (or arguably racist) than when a black person does. Surely, based upon your fixation with Trent Lott, you would agree. No?

And no that would be WHY I am disagreeing with you now. You really should get a refund for your education.

And no that would be WHY I am disagreeing with you now. You really should get a refund for your education.

You disagree that society treats white people differently than black people with respect to racially charged language? Okay, if you think everybody is treated in the same way, then you shouldn't have any complaints about Mr. Lott.

You disagree that society treats white people differently than black people with respect to racially charged language? Okay, if you think everybody is treated in the same way, then you shouldn't have any complaints about Mr. Lott.

There's a double-standard. It doesn't really bother me too much, but many people notice a double-standard.

Ex. 1: Blacks can call black the N-word all in fun and games, and it's ok.
A white can call a black the same N-word in the same context and he'll get jumped

Ex: 2: A black man kills a black, white, chinese, Australian, hispanic, etc.... and nothing happens.(He'll get charged, but does not recieve attention from civil rights activists)
A white man kills a black man, Jesse Jackson, NAACP, Quannel X are out of their holes screaming racism...

Ex: 3: A black judge asks all white people to leave the courtroom so he can talk to the black people in the courtroom, he catches a little flak, apologizes, and all is well.

If a white judge were to ask a group of black people to leave the courtroom so he could talk to the white folks. NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Quannel X are out of their holes screaming racism...

I could really care less about it, but the fact remains that there is a double standard. If a white candidate had said the same thing (regarding blacks) as Obama did regarding whites, he'd be condemned by many Americans. And Jesse Jackson, NAACP, and Quannel X would be out of their holes. (FYI Quannel X is a "civil rights" activist in Houston) One of the biggest racists if you ask me. IMO, the one's who jump to blame racism are the real racists.

Dancing I see. It may work with others but it cuts no slack with me. Your refusal to look it up, apply it to the this situation and answer is all I needed to hear. Thanks, I now know your arguments are in fact simply political.

There's a double-standard. It doesn't really bother me too much, but many people notice a double-standard.

A white can call a black the same N-word in the same context and he'll get jumped

Ex: 2: A black man kills a black, white, chinese, Australian, hispanic, etc.... and nothing happens.(He'll get charged, but does not recieve attention from civil rights activists)
A white man kills a black man, Jesse Jackson, NAACP, Quannel X are out of their holes screaming racism...

Ex: 3: A black judge asks all white people to leave the courtroom so he can talk to the black people in the courtroom, he catches a little flak, apologizes, and all is well.

If a white judge were to ask a group of black people to leave the courtroom so he could talk to the white folks. NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Quannel X are out of their holes screaming racism...

I could really care less about it, but the fact remains that there is a double standard. If a white candidate had said the same thing (regarding blacks) as Obama did regarding whites, he'd be condemned by many Americans. And Jesse Jackson, NAACP, and Quannel X would be out of their holes. (FYI Quannel X is a "civil rights" activist in Houston) One of the biggest racists if you ask me. IMO, the one's who jump to blame racism are the real racists.

Sometimes I get the idea that white people are just upset that they can't say ****** without being considered racist. It's as if they are begging for permission.

I won't go as far as you, but I am perfectly happy to admit that a double standard exists. What comment did Obama make regarding whites that is objectionable? The only one that I have heard deals with his grandmother as a typical white person, but even Chris Wallace from Fox noted that in context, it was merely making a true and subtle point about the nature of white-black relations in the US. I certainly don't think it was racist. Many white people have said the same (as Obama - not as me).

Dancing I see. It may work with others but it cuts no slack with me. Your refusal to look it up, apply it to the this situation and answer is all I needed to hear. Thanks, I now know your arguments are in fact simply political.

What are you talking about. I say that there are different standards for racially charged language by white people and by black people. You disagree. I say that this must mean you think there are the same standards. You get in a huff and disagree again. What do you want from me?

Is it the Trent Lott thing again? I have been trying to say there are different standards. Isn't that what you want me to admit? Just tell me what you want me to say, and I will try to say it.

What are you talking about. I say that there are different standards for racially charged language by white people and by black people. You disagree. I say that this must mean you think there are the same standards. You get in a huff and disagree again. What do you want from me?

Is it the Trent Lott thing again? I have been trying to say there are different standards. Isn't that what you want me to admit? Just tell me what you want me to say, and I will try to say it.

Nope, just agree that it is ok for black racist to run for President and not for a white racist to hold any elected office.

Nope, just agree that it is ok for black racist to run for President and not for a white racist to hold any elected office.

Anybody can run for president. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with a racist of any race holding elected office. Of course, I have no reason to think that Obama is racist. Are you calling Trent Lott a racist?

Anybody can run for president. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with a racist of any race holding elected office. Of course, I have no reason to think that Obama is racist. Are you calling Trent Lott a racist?

I am calling Obama a Racist and I am saying that the left used even LESS then we have on Obama to make THAT claim about Lott. That is the double Standard. You are fine with Obama being given a pass cause he is black but just don't fell the need to "remember" the much less information used to label Lott that way. Thanks again for playing.

Sometimes I get the idea that white people are just upset that they can't say ****** without being considered racist. It's as if they are begging for permission.

Ummmmm........I really don't care to say it, but I even feel uncomfortable saying the word black in frong of a black person, because I've seen many of them go nuts. I'm just saying there's a double standard that's all. They can say honkey and cracker all they want, but got forbid we call them black.
I had a guy get mad one time when I was telling a story and the guy said,
"You callin me black??"
I'm said "uh...yeah.":confused:

I am calling Obama a Racist and I am saying that the left used even LESS then we have on Obama to make THAT claim about Lott. That is the double Standard. You are fine with Obama being given a pass cause he is black but just don't fell the need to "remember" the much less information used to label Lott that way. Thanks again for playing.

What makes Obama a racist, in your opinion?

Ummmmm........I really don't care to say it, but I even feel uncomfortable saying the word black in frong of a black person, because I've seen many of them go nuts. I'm just saying there's a double standard that's all. They can say honkey and cracker all they want, but got forbid we call them black.
"You callin me black??"

If that really happened, the guy must have been retarded. Seriously.

"You callin me black??"

Maybe you should go with blue gum. They don't mind that one so much.

Forum List

Back