obama's christmas tree tax

Really?

How the fuck does that work??

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard..

Got milk? Pork, the other white meat

Advertisement can help sell agricultural products. Christmas tree growers face competition from $49 WalMart specials made in China

They wanted the tax, not the Government...to help sell their product to Americans

Republicans had to screw it up

That makes no fucking sense whatsoever...

To you, I imagine it wouldn't

I, as a Christian, am not doing what I want?

I hate to break it to you, but I WANT to be a Christian, or I would not be one.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you are not doing as the bible tell you to do then you are not by definition a Christian.

The majority of people need to be told what to do and what to think.
There's only one difference between a Christian and a non-Christian: belief that Jesus is Christ. It's that simple. Halleluia! :)

Well Muslisms accept Jesus not as a prophet but as a precursor to Muhammad their prophet..

The Jews are still waiting for their "prophet."

All i know after baling, delivery, set up and a tip for the 3 guys.... it was always close to 9 hundred bucks for our tree. (big tree) Another 15 cents would not have made that much difference at that point.

That being said a tax on trees is a totally fucked up thing.

$900.00 for a tree? is it gold plated?

That must be a big tree... :lol:

I get by on a $40.00 tree and enjoy decorating it with my family. Having a little glögg and decorating a tree with those you love is just fantastic..

Well it did not help that we got the tree from an old time family tree lot... not from the home depot.

We had to pre order a tree a year in advance... so they could groom it during the year. It would be cut and trucked down.... so we had it in less then 48 hours after it was cut... very fresh.

I love our tree! We topped out on lights at 6,200.... each one hand tied on with no wires showing.

Advertisement can help sell agricultural products. Christmas tree growers face competition from $49 WalMart specials made in China

They wanted the tax, not the Government...to help sell their product to Americans

Of course because it makes ZERO sense...

Elaborate how 15 cents does what you claim it will do.

You cant because you just made up the bullshit which is retarded...

You may as well have said "a loaf of bread is a loaf of bread because chickens lay eggs in Africa."

All i know after baling, delivery, set up and a tip for the 3 guys.... it was always close to 9 hundred bucks for our tree. (big tree) Another 15 cents would not have made that much difference at that point.

I get by on a $40.00 tree and enjoy decorating it with my family. Having a little glögg and decorating a tree with those you love is just fantastic..

Well it did not help that we got the tree from an old time family tree lot... not from the home depot.

We had to pre order a tree a year in advance... so they could groom it during the year. It would be cut and trucked down.... so we had it in less then 48 hours after it was cut... very fresh.

I love our tree! We topped out on lights at 6,200.... each one hand tied on with no wires showing.

Damn woman..

That is one kick assed tree. You just got to post a picture

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

Its clearly going to destroy Christmas. 15 cents. Wow. I can't afford a tree now.

This is such substantial news, why isn't it on the front page of every paper in the country?

So you pay people to decorate your tree?

We decorate our own tree - I enjoy it... My sisters kids come over and they help - its just a great experience...

You may as well have said "a loaf of bread is a loaf of bread because chickens lay eggs in Africa."

$2 million dollars a year to run ads that convince people of the merits of a live tree vs a cheap artificial tree from China

Christmas tree farmers hope ads will stem growth of artificial trees - Business wire - bnd.com

$2 million dollars a year to run ads that convince people of the merits of a live tree vs a cheap artificial tree from China

Christmas tree farmers hope ads will stem growth of artificial trees - Business wire - bnd.com

Further proof of Obama's hatred for America.

A) its not the governments duty to run ads
B) Wouldn't cutting down trees contradict your environmental allegiance..
C) I don't believe a Goddamn thing you post.

The Congress has a duty to carry out Article I Section 8 clause 1

They get replanted genius. Maybe you didn't get the memo - but a fucking TREE is a renewable resource.

What is wrong is the Christmas Tree growers wanting to have a good season during hard economic times. That 15 cents.....yes 15 cents a tree would have helped to sell a lot more trees

Instead, the Conservative tax fear mongers had to screw everything up. Better to give up selling thousands of extra trees than to pay a tax of even 15 cents

Really?

How the fuck does that work??

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard..

when did that pussy obama become a republican? :lol:

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

Its clearly going to destroy Christmas. 15 cents. Wow. I can't afford a tree now.

This is such substantial news, why isn't it on the front page of every paper in the country?

It's not going to be just 15 cents given a government office was dedicated to collecting the funds and making videos and ads.

Christmas Tree Promotion Board is a government entity run by the Agricultural Marketing Service, USDA

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-11-08/pdf/2011-28798.pdf

What I am having a difficult time with if the Christmas Tree growers/sellers want advertizing why don't they just do it , why does the government need to be involved?

CaféAuLait;4388611 said:
What I am having a difficult time with if the Christmas Tree growers/sellers want advertizing why don't they just do it , why does the government need to be involved?

They did "just do it." Its called a commodity checkoff program. They do it for a lot of things. Ever heard "Beef, its what's for dinner" ? How about "Got Milk" ? who do you think ensures that every farmers pays $1 a head to go to "beef, its what's for dinner" ?

I think the real problem is obvious - you fucking hate Christmas.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;4388611 said:

Maybe because the average Christmas tree farmer is an ordinary joe who can barely - if at all - afford a 15 second spot on local television?

Its called a checkoff program. They do it for a lot of things. Ever heard "Beef, its what's for dinner" ? How about "Got Milk" ?

For crying out loud, if I had every fucking tree in the world, I couldn't make enough paper to list all the things the government was doing BEFORE Obama that all of a sudden became wrong when it took office.

tissue?

They get replanted genius. Maybe you didn't get the memo - but a fucking TREE is a renewable resource.

:lol:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

It says CONGRESS NOT PRESIDENT...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

The Department of Agricultures authority has already been authorized by Congress. Commodity checkoff programs are hardly a new thing. Do you not own a fucking TV? Hello ! "Pork, the other white meat!"

The Department of Agricultures authority has already been authorized by Congress. Commodity checkoff programs are hardly a new thing. Do you not own a fucking TV? Hello ! "Pork, the other white meat!"

racist

Forum List

Back