ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

10/306 = 3.3 percent of the population.

10/46 = 22 percent.

So we go through this whole deal that is making HC more expensive for those who pay, not those in groups perhaps, for 3.3 percent of the population? And out of the 46 million that was claimed only 22 percent WAS the goal? Really all this for so damn little? More expense, less care, sounds exactly like what happens with liberalism.

PLUNGE: New poll shows Obamacare support at 26%

A new poll shows that just 26 percent of Americans support Obamacare, but at the same time only 13 percent think the law will be completely repealed.

10/46 = 22 percent.

So we go through this whole deal that is making HC more expensive for those who pay, not those in groups perhaps, for 3.3 percent of the population? And out of the 46 million that was claimed only 22 percent WAS the goal? Really all this for so damn little? More expense, less care, sounds exactly like what happens with liberalism.

A new poll shows that just 26 percent of Americans support Obamacare, but at the same time only 13 percent think the law will be completely repealed.
a.k.a... Spend a Dollar, to make a Dime.

But... but... but... it's in a good cause, so you have no right to complain when we take your money!

These are very misleading numbers as no one knows how many have actually paid for their coverage. Maybe six million have visited the site but I seriously doubt there are actually that many complete idiots in the USA. Then again maybe there are that many idiots here they elected Obama.
Only the insurance company know who has paid. Unofficial estimates from insurance companies place the figure of unpaid premiums at 20% however with the large number of sign ups on the exchanges, many have not been billed plus some will be paying monthly or quarterly.

More than 6 million have signed up for health insurance, Obama says - latimes.com
Given the personal and financial data that is collected through the website's questionnaire mechanism, it should be as easy as easy can be, to write database scripts to mine such data and to render it as defensible aggregate-level outputs.

If memory serves, re: my own experiment at using the website some weeks ago, it would steer you towards one sort of policy or another, based upon your reported income level and geographic zone.

Any SQL script writer (database programming / coding -capable inquirer) worth hisor-her salt could write such scripts while napping - it's that easy, once you understand the schema (database dictionary or data-map).
I could be wrong but I don't believe the premium payment information is maintained by the exchange. I believe once you select a policy, personal information is sent to to the government and the insurance company. For most plans bought off the exchange you either go to the insurance companies web site or call the company to setup billing. The company bills the insured for his part of the premium and the government for the subsidy.

For people that don't meet the requirements for a subsidy which is about half the population, there's no advantage to buying off the exchange unless the plan you're interested in is only listed on the exchange. A number of companies have not listed their plans on the exchange. In fact, you can not enroll in either a group insurance plan on the exchange or a short term insurance plan. However, all plans on or off the exchange must meet the same basic requirements.

If I were shopping for a plan and was not eligible for a subsidy, I would shop off the exchange since in most states, there will be more plans to choose from.

Only the insurance company know who has paid. Unofficial estimates from insurance companies place the figure of unpaid premiums at 20% however with the large number of sign ups on the exchanges, many have not been billed plus some will be paying monthly or quarterly.

More than 6 million have signed up for health insurance, Obama says - latimes.com
Given the personal and financial data that is collected through the website's questionnaire mechanism, it should be as easy as easy can be, to write database scripts to mine such data and to render it as defensible aggregate-level outputs.

If memory serves, re: my own experiment at using the website some weeks ago, it would steer you towards one sort of policy or another, based upon your reported income level and geographic zone.

Any SQL script writer (database programming / coding -capable inquirer) worth hisor-her salt could write such scripts while napping - it's that easy, once you understand the schema (database dictionary or data-map).
I could be wrong but I don't believe the premium payment information is maintained by the exchange. I believe once you select a policy, personal information is sent to to the government and the insurance company. For most plans bought off the exchange you either go to the insurance companies web site or call the company to setup billing. The company bills the insured for his part of the premium and the government for the subsidy.

For people that don't meet the requirements for a subsidy which is about half the population, there's no advantage to buying off the exchange unless the plan you're interested in is only listed on the exchange. A number of companies have not listed their plans on the exchange. In fact, you can not enroll in either a group insurance plan on the exchange or a short term insurance plan. However, all plans on or off the exchange must meet the same basic requirements.

If I were shopping for a plan and was not eligible for a subsidy, I would shop off the exchange since in most states, there will be more plans to choose from.

I could be wrong but I don't believe the premium payment information is maintained by the exchange

You are correct, the last page that confirms your enrollment tells them that they will be Billed by their insurance company.

I believe once you select a policy, personal information is sent to to the government and the insurance company

The Exchange transmits the information to the insurance company within 72 hours, then the insurance companies bill the insured.

In fact, you can not enroll in either a group insurance plan on the exchange or a short term insurance plan. However, all plans on or off the exchange must meet the same basic requirements.

Correct, Short Term plans are not compliant therefore they cannot be sold on the exchange.

Exchanges for Group Plans are coming, they will be called "Shop Marketplace"

The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace helps businesses provide health coverage to their employees.

For 2014, the SHOP Marketplace is open to employers with 50 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees (FTEs). If you have fewer than 25 employees, you may qualify for tax credits if you buy insurance through SHOP.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-is-the-shop-marketplace/

However, all plans on or off the exchange must meet the same basic requirements.

Correct.

I tip my hat to you, you are very well informed.

The extra two weeks on the deadline for open enrollment is just for people who began their profile/signup on the exchanges. If you haven't started filing for insurance by March 31st you won't be able to start April 1st. If you sign up for Health Insurance it isn't active for 1 full month, so if you sign up today it won't be active till May 1st, and the bill won't be due till then either.

The original number...from 2011 or so...was 7 million. They revised it "slightly" downward to 6 million, it's not a major loss. If anything it just shows GOP-lead states efforts to fight the law have been somewhat successful.

The extra two weeks on the deadline for open enrollment is just for people who began their profile/signup on the exchanges.

After Sebelius testified before congress that they wouldn't extend the deadline at all, nor did they have legal standing to. So she/they just committed perjury. Spare me the convoluted explanation. I've lost my patience with people like you and others who continue to cover these egregious violations of the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/u...nrollment-deadline-or-delay-mandate.html?_r=0

Oh no! He's lost his patience! Look out everyone! He might smite you with his talking point sword!

Good Lord...What's the matter with u people...Extending the time to complete applications as long as subscribers register by the deadline on march 31.. "Perjury" by Sibelius?
U authoritarian "freedom" spouting hypocrites are truly straining....

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

After Sebelius testified before congress that they wouldn't extend the deadline at all, nor did they have legal standing to. So she/they just committed perjury. Spare me the convoluted explanation. I've lost my patience with people like you and others who continue to cover these egregious violations of the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/u...nrollment-deadline-or-delay-mandate.html?_r=0

Oh no! He's lost his patience! Look out everyone! He might smite you with his talking point sword!

Good Lord...What's the matter with u people...Extending the time to complete applications as long as subscribers register by the deadline on march 31.. "Perjury" by Sibelius?

You have a problem with a "Suspension of Reality!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH8gvo9oSSQ]Congress grills Sebelius over Obamacare... - YouTube[/ame]

^^Low information, low intelligence poster weighs in.

article-2007528-0D5CFC6500000578-421_634x399.jpg

"ObamaCare? What the...Why is that plane flying above our village training an ObamaCare sign up number?"

yep. The ACA will work. More & more people are signing up.

When a GUN is COCKED and pointed at your head, and the IDIOT holding that guns tells you, that if you DON'T BUY THIS SHIT, I'LL HAVE THE IRS DOWN ON YOU FASTER THAN LOIS LERNER CAN PLEAD THE FIFTH, most people opt for the lesser of 2 evils. But DotCommie conveniently forgets that part, and the part that if you DON'T BUY THIS SHIT, you'll have to pay a penalty each year, and that penalty will likely double each year after the first year is, in essence, LEGALIZED HIGHWAY ROBBERY BY YOUR GOVERNMENT!

The original goal of the Obama Administration was to enroll 7 million people before the March 31, 2014 deadline. After the glitchy rollout, that goal was adjusted to 6 million.

Obamacare Enrolls 6 Million People Just 4 Days Before Deadline

Enrollment has surged over the last few days as the March 31 deadline approached — over a million people have signed up for health insurance since March 17.

The numbers will only grow larger from here.

Everyone got to keep their insurance. Everyone's premiums and copays went down. And everyone got to keep their doctor.

10/46 = 22 percent.

The only portion of the population the 7.1 million applies to is people between the ages of 26 and 64. Further the vast majority of the working population of those ages get insurance from their employer.

Also getting more people on health insurance was just one part of passing the ACA. Letting people with pre-existing conditions was also a big part. Having better, more modern regulation of the health insurance industry was another. There are other things included as well.

You white folks don't know the skinny. If we need anything brothers and sisters have carte blanche. we make some calls and we get it all. Now the deal with the 6 mil, well President Obama told that skinny dumb white woman Sebelius to fill out the apps for all of us who needed coverage. Problem solved, dag don't whites do things a little shady ever? We get our way by as ya'all say By Hook or By Crook.

You white folks don't know the skinny. If we need anything brothers and sisters have carte blanche. we make some calls and we get it all. Now the deal with the 6 mil, well President Obama told that skinny dumb white woman Sebelius to fill out the apps for all of us who needed coverage. Problem solved, dag don't whites do things a little shady ever? We get our way by as ya'all say By Hook or By Crook.

Funny thing is all the Obama supporters I know are going to take their chances with the fines this year and let the rest of us with a sense of responsibility who abide by the law foot the bill for deadbeats.

Forum List

Back