ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

The original goal of the Obama Administration was to enroll 7 million people before the March 31, 2014 deadline. After the glitchy rollout, that goal was adjusted to 6 million.

Obamacare Enrolls 6 Million People Just 4 Days Before Deadline

Enrollment has surged over the last few days as the March 31 deadline approached — over a million people have signed up for health insurance since March 17.

The numbers will only grow larger from here.

g5, you're so patently dishonest.

The terms "sign up" and "enroll" are drastically different. You have to actually make payments and BUY the insurance before you're enrolled. Moreover, if 6 million people have indeed "enrolled" in Obamacare, then why is Obama extending the enrollment period? And why did they revise the goal downward? Hmm? Sounds a bit odd; unless you're revising the numbers downward because you won't meet the original one. If I recall, his officials made it clear that they had not the legal authority to change the deadline and wouldn't be. Guess they lied about that too.

You can't sit there and say "6 million" people enrolled. This whole story reeks of propaganda, not a certifiable fact within it. Face it, Obamacare is going to win us the Senate this year, and it will more than likely bite Liberals in the backside come 2016, given that Hillary birthed "Hillarycare" under the same premise as Obamacare.

And many people who signed up believed that they actually had insurance, but one guy recently found out he didn't. He faces over $100,000 in hospital bills and he's wondering why he bothered to sign up on the website.

Many of the ones who signed up went there looking for cheaper and/or subsidized insurance. Many had lost their plans and had no choice but to look for a new plan.

The spin seems to be that 6 million people have insurance when they didn't before the law. That is total bull.

It's not clear if anyone has paid their premiums yet. There was no system in place for people to actually pay, so the administration opted to give the insurance companies blank checks to cover the enrollment fees.

Another problem was that because of yet another major glitch in the website, about a third of the people who signed up had their information disappear. I don't even know how that's possible, but it happened. Of course, when people started realizing they were screwed and didn't have any policy, they were told it was up to them to find out where they stood and to correct it. Well, they already went to the site and followed instructions, so they need to figure out which company they are supposedly insured under and call them. This is such a fricking mess that it's not funny.

At this point, the tax payers covered premiums to the insurance companies (at least that was the plan) and roughly 2 million who think they are insured are not. That means that 4 million might be insured and many of them had insurance before and many were paying a hell of a lot less for it.

Six million may have signed up, but it's still such a mess that there is no way to tell how many actually have an insurance plan.

I think the only ones who are happy are those who got subsidies and they don't have to give up their cell phones and cable to fit the new higher premiums in their budget. They get free Obamaphones, cheap or free healthcare, so I'm sure they are pleased with this.

The administration claimed that the reason for this big overhaul was to reduce prices and insure the uninsured. Now costs are up higher than ever, more people are uninsured and the ones that the law was designed to help don't want anything to do with it.

And yet Obama still says the law is here to stay. Well, unless he commands any changes, delays, etc. Only the King may allow people to disobey parts of it or exempt people altogether. The rest of us better follow it - or else!!

Last edited:
g5, you're so patently dishonest.

The terms "sign up" and "enroll" are drastically different. You have to actually make payments and BUY the insurance before you're enrolled. Moreover, if 6 million people have indeed "enrolled" in Obamacare, then why is Obama extending the enrollment period? And why did they revise the goal downward? Hmm? Sounds a bit odd; unless you're revising the numbers downward because you won't meet the original one. If I recall, his officials made it clear that they had not the legal authority to change the deadline and wouldn't be. Guess they lied about that too.

You can't sit there and say "6 million" people enrolled. This whole story reeks of propaganda, not a certifiable fact within it. Face it, Obamacare is going to win us the Senate this year, and it will more than likely bite Liberals in the backside come 2016, given that Hillary birthed "Hillarycare" under the same premise as Obamacare.

The extra two weeks on the deadline for open enrollment is just for people who began their profile/signup on the exchanges. If you haven't started filing for insurance by March 31st you won't be able to start April 1st. If you sign up for Health Insurance it isn't active for 1 full month, so if you sign up today it won't be active till May 1st, and the bill won't be due till then either.

The original number...from 2011 or so...was 7 million. They revised it "slightly" downward to 6 million, it's not a major loss. If anything it just shows GOP-lead states efforts to fight the law have been somewhat successful.

The extra two weeks on the deadline for open enrollment is just for people who began their profile/signup on the exchanges.

After Sebelius testified before congress that they wouldn't extend the deadline at all, nor did they have legal standing to. So she/they just committed perjury. Spare me the convoluted explanation. I've lost my patience with people like you and others who continue to cover these egregious violations of the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/13/u...nrollment-deadline-or-delay-mandate.html?_r=0

Oh no! He's lost his patience! Look out everyone! He might smite you with his talking point sword!

I have not read the posts, cause there are too many. Were the 5 million people that were kicked off their insurance factored into the 6 million? Of the 6 million, how many have actually paid?

The left is still defending this deliberate disaster single payer torjan horse known as a Obamacare.

Question: Are liberals this stupid?

Answer: Yes they are.

I have not read the posts, cause there are too many. Were the 5 million people that were kicked off their insurance factored into the 6 million? Of the 6 million, how many have actually paid?

The left is still defending this deliberate disaster single payer torjan horse known as a Obamacare.

Wait! Did you ask how many have actually paid?

What an interesting question! I haven't heard that one before. It could be that all those sign-ups are bogus! This law is a train wreck!

What an interesting question! I haven't heard that one before. It could be that all those sign-ups are bogus! This law is a train wreck!

1012141_10152688687095830_628634713_n.jpg

It cost us $1 billion to develop the world's only website that can't track when customers actually buy the product

I do not know if you understand if the premiums are not paid, then they are not covered. Interestingly, the administration is not revealing those numbers about who has paid. You think that would be difficult for this transparent administration to reveal those numbers? Here is a little clue. It would not be difficult at all.

What, you think that is an insignificant factor in the pure bullshit that is being reported by the pathetic left wing media? Is that some "tea party" thing?

Also, how many have lost their insurance? You know, the one they were supposedly allowed to keep? Right, the president had no idea that a big chunk of the middle class would lose their insurance when he made those false promises. He just did not know, and it is all the fault of insurance companies.

Not even sure why I debate liberals. Liberals are pretty much exactly like arguing with a 7 year old.

Now, that you pathetic dickbags have been put in your place again with facts on yet another issue, I will be entertained by your childish retorts. You cannot refute facts, but it will be fun watching you attempt to.

Meanwhile, you ought to get back to another entertaining topic, like "man made global warming." :lol:

I do not know if you understand if the premiums are not paid, then they are not covered. Interestingly, the administration is not revealing those numbers about who has paid. You think that would be difficult for this transparent administration to reveal those numbers? Here is a little clue. It would not be difficult at all.

What, you think that is an insignificant factor in the pure bullshit that is being reported by the pathetic left wing media? Is that some "tea party" thing?

Also, how many have lost their insurance? You know, the one they were supposedly allowed to keep? Right, the president had no idea that a big chunk of the middle class would lose their insurance when he made those false promises. He just did not know, and it is all the fault of insurance companies.

Not even sure why I debate liberals. Liberals are pretty much exactly like arguing with a 7 year old.

Now, that you pathetic dickbags have been put in your place again with facts on yet another issue, I will be entertained by your childish retorts. You cannot refute facts, but it will be fun watching you attempt to.

Meanwhile, you ought to get back to another entertaining topic, like "man made global warming." :lol:

Cool yer jets, jackass. I was just making fun of you for vomiting up this week's talking point. How many times do you think that "but how many have actually paid" bullshit has been uttered on these pages in the past week? Hint....it is in the hundreds.

You are a tool. And you have been well used.

Last edited:

Cool yer jets, jackass. I was just making fun of you for vomiting up this week' stalking point. How many times do you think that "but how many have actually paid" bullshit has been uttered on these pages in the last two weeks? Hint....it is in the hundreds.

At least you did not attempt to retort the facts. In this case, your problem is we keep on saying the same tired point that a person needs to pay in order for them to be covered.

Are you more pissed at this transparent administration for not revealing those numbers?
Are you pissed that it is a fact and you cannot claim 6 million people have signed up for Obamacare, since there are a lot more factors in regards to that number?

So, in a thread where an asshole puts up a half baked piece of shit point, that we should not point out a couple of facts?

The problem with you pathetic liberals, is you are all pathetic.

No, go back to buying your carbon credits.

Last edited:

Cool yer jets, jackass. I was just making fun of you for vomiting up this week' stalking point. How many times do you think that "but how many have actually paid" bullshit has been uttered on these pages in the last two weeks? Hint....it is in the hundreds.

At least you did not attempt to retort the facts. In this case, your problem is we keep on saying the same tired point that a person needs to pay in order for them to be covered.

Are you more pissed at this transparent information for not revealing those numbers?
Are you pissed that it is a fact and you cannot claim 6 million people have signed up for Obamacare, since there are a lot more factors in regards to that number?

So, in a thread where an asshole puts up a half baked piece of shit point, that we should not point out a couple of facts?

The policies are purchased from private insurance companies. How about you look to see how they are doing? If they have lost 6 million customers, as you say....and have not gained 6 million...as you say...then wouldn't they be bitching about it?

Think, nutter. Just a little.

Are you more pissed at this transparent information for not revealing those numbers?

The policies are purchased from private insurance companies. How about you look to see how they are doing? If they have lost 6 million customers, as you say....and have not gained 6 million...as you say...then wouldn't they be bitching about it?

Yeah Amazon and eBay say the same things about their websites: you can't expect us to track sales off our website because other people actually sell the stuff.

See how stupid snorting Obama Kool Aid makes you, Fluffer?

Yeah Amazon and eBay say the same things about their websites: you can't expect us to track sales off our website because other people actually sell the stuff.

See how stupid snorting Obama Kool Aid makes you, Fluffer?

Huh? Want to try again?

ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline
Enrollment would be over 20 million, if not for con obstruction and sabotage. And it will be by 2016, and then cons will lose the White House again.

Remind me exactly what the GOP did to obstruct and sabotoge this piece of shit? Did they pass the bill? No, no GOP votes there. Did they write the regs? No, that was Sibelius and HHS. Did they contract with the website designer? No, that was Michelle Obama sliding work to her homie. Did they delay different portions of the law? No, that was President For Life Obama.
Neg rep for being a low information dunce.

My bad. The cons DID invent affordable care(Romney), and they all voted for it in congress, and they DID give Obama a second term so he could implement it. Cons have been a Rock of Gibraltar of support for the last five years. What was I thinking?

Enrollment would be over 20 million, if not for con obstruction and sabotage. And it will be by 2016, and then cons will lose the White House again.

Remind me exactly what the GOP did to obstruct and sabotoge this piece of shit? Did they pass the bill? No, no GOP votes there. Did they write the regs? No, that was Sibelius and HHS. Did they contract with the website designer? No, that was Michelle Obama sliding work to her homie. Did they delay different portions of the law? No, that was President For Life Obama.

My bad. The cons DID invent affordable care(Romney), and they all voted for it in congress, and they DID give Obama a second term so he could implement it. Cons have been a Rock of Gibraltar of support for the last five years. What was I thinking?

Want to go over that again, since NO REPUBLICANS voted for it in the House of Representatives!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::badgrin:

Baloney.

Obama told us we needed to pass this law because we had 45-48 million uninsured, right? How could a country as rich as the USA not take care of all those poor sumbitches? remember all the heart wrenching emotional rhetoric? I sure do. It was nauseating.

SO, here we are 4 YEARS LATER - and only 6 million assholes have signed up?? WTF? But wait, it gets worse!! According to the Insurers, at least 25% of the sign ups are bogus or won't pay their premiums - that leaves only 4.5 million signs ups- at best. Most of those are Medicare, but fuck it, let's be generous and assume that all of those are legit. That means Obamacare is "helping" less than 10% of the 45-48 Million uninsured. That is success? Really?

How do you spell Obamacare? F. A. I. L.

no, in order for the Program to work they needed about 7 million people to sign up. Now they can expand it further to other people eventually. I believe they played with some numbers so 6 million would make it work.

i dont know, maybe google it next time before saying something dumb.

The initial goal was 7 million....
Until they realized that was not going to happen.
Then it bacame whatever number they were going to end up with for it to be a success...

SNIPS:

The Washington Post reported late Friday that the board of the Maryland exchange will vote on changing the system that has cost at least $125.5 million at a meeting on Tuesday, the day after the end of the first enrollment period under ObamaCare.

The Obama administration announced Thursday that more than 6 million Americans have signed up for coverage on the ObamaCare exchanges, a number that would appear to mark a spike in sign-ups in recent weeks.

The figure is still short of the 7 million target originally cited, but would fulfill a revised goal set by the Congressional Budget Office and embraced by the White House.

The administration has yet to announce how many consumers actually closed the deal by paying their first month's premium. Some independent estimates are that as many as 10 percent to 20 percent have not paid, which would bring the total enrollment to between 5 million and 6 million people.

The administration also has not said how many of the new sign-ups were previously uninsured.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Maryland to reportedly abandon $125M ObamaCare exchange for new system | Fox News

You stupid fuck not one Republican voted for the turd.

The initial goal was 7 million....
Until they realized that was not going to happen.
Then it bacame whatever number they were going to end up with for it to be a success...

SNIPS:

The Washington Post reported late Friday that the board of the Maryland exchange will vote on changing the system that has cost at least $125.5 million at a meeting on Tuesday, the day after the end of the first enrollment period under ObamaCare.

The Obama administration announced Thursday that more than 6 million Americans have signed up for coverage on the ObamaCare exchanges, a number that would appear to mark a spike in sign-ups in recent weeks.

The figure is still short of the 7 million target originally cited, but would fulfill a revised goal set by the Congressional Budget Office and embraced by the White House.

The administration has yet to announce how many consumers actually closed the deal by paying their first month's premium. Some independent estimates are that as many as 10 percent to 20 percent have not paid, which would bring the total enrollment to between 5 million and 6 million people.

The administration also has not said how many of the new sign-ups were previously uninsured.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Maryland to reportedly abandon $125M ObamaCare exchange for new system | Fox News

The website never ASKS if they are uninsured.

Forum List

Back