Obama with a Republican Congress will be close to unbeatable in 2012 imo

Nov 29, 2010
Obama with a Republican House will be close to unbeatable in 2012 imo. (I recognize the Senate is still slightly more Democrat)

He will constantly appear to be a centrist, pragmatist because that's what he really is. Independents and swing voters will appreciate that and lefty liberals will accept it, if grudgingly. The Republicans will have no way to paint him in a corner, because he'll be willing to meet them half way. That, and the bully pulpit. The Republican nominee in 2012 has no chance. I'd put my money where my mouth is in a heartbeat.

You folks think he's a hard line liberal. He's not. If something needs to get done, he's willing to move a little one way or the other to make it happen as he stated. It's been obvious if you follow him closely.

With Pelosi as head of the House, he had to tack more left. Now he'll be forced where he wants to go anyway, which is the center.

If you read the book Audacity of Hope, you'll find, though his ideals are a little left of center, he recognizes the country is dead-center on the whole and that's where policy should be taken in most cases.

Last edited:
CENTER?????

There is no center when the republicans just threaten govenment shutdown at every turn

Obama with a Republican House will be close to unbeatable in 2012 imo. (I recognize the Senate is still slightly more Democrat)

He will constantly appear to be a centrist, pragmatist because that's what he really is. Independents and swing voters will appreciate that and lefty liberals will accept it, if grudgingly. The Republicans will have no way to paint him in a corner, because he'll be willing to meet them half way. That, and the bully pulpit. The Republican nominee in 2012 has no chance. I'd put my money where my mouth is in a heartbeat.

You folks think he's a hard line liberal. He's not. If something needs to get done, he's willing to move a little one way or the other to make it happen as he stated. It's been obvious if you follow him closely.

With Pelosi as head of the House, he had to tack more left. Now he'll be forced where he wants to go anyway, which is the center.

If you read the book Audacity of Hope, you'll find, though his ideals are a little left of center, he recognizes the country is dead-center on the whole and that's where policy should be taken in most cases.

Obama was rated left of Teddy fuckin Kennedy, you're loosing it dude, seriously.

IF the economy improves then HE HAS A CHANCE, period, if it doesn't, he's done, PERIOD. Its the economy stupid.

BS.

A) Soros doesn't call the shots
B) Soros is trying to push Obama in the direction he wants him to go
C) Soros would not choose a Republican over Obama

BS.

What's so hard to understand?

Soros must have approached Obama privately with the idea of only serving him for one term and when Obama declined, Soros went public and announced he was going to back another candidate.

Obama is a one-termer who will not get the Dem nomination in 2012

There's a difference between being a Senator and President. Besides how could you rate any Republican over the last 2 years, they're almost all right at the end of the spectrum, voting far right on everything in opposition to everything the House and Obama and their Democrat Senator counterparts are doing. Obama was in the same boat with Bush in office. He's not an extreme lefty.

There's a difference between being a Senator and President. Besides how could you rate any Republican over the last 2 years, they're almost all right at the end of the spectrum, voting far right on everything in opposition to everything the House and Obama and their Democrat Senator counterparts are doing. Obama was in the same boat with Bush in office. He's not an extreme lefty.

Says another extreme lefty.....

If he uses the EPA to control carbon output, and the FCC to control internet access, he's an extreme lefty. If he gets in the way of repealing Obamacare, he's an extreme lefty.

Only if he spends the next two years undoing everything he did and promised to do in the first two years can he get re-elected.

Clinton followed a largely Repubican agenda for two years with real spending and welfare cuts. No way Obama does this.

BS.

What's so hard to understand?

Soros must have approached Obama privately with the idea of only serving him for one term and when Obama declined, Soros went public and announced he was going to back another candidate.

Obama is a one-termer who will not get the Dem nomination in 2012

I'm not going to call you an idiot because I don't know you, but what you posted above is idiotic.

The odds of a different Democrat challenging Obama for the nomination in 2012 and beating him, even if Soros were to back him or her is probably less than 1000 to 1. Anyone that would argue otherwise has an agenda or is dumb and/or misinformed.:eusa_pray:

Obama... a 'centrist'....

Yeah... we got another deluded one again.... and let me guess... you consider yourself to be rather 'centrist' with 'conservative' traits too... even though you have every lefty stance, support or admire present and past extreme lefties, etc

Laughable... sad, but laughable

It takes a liberal to think obama is a centrist.

If he was, he wouldn't have had such a problem.

People won't forget all the party of no bs that he played up when he had 2 super majorities. People won't forget all the wasted money. And the far left hates his guts now, they won't forget that he "caved" and gave the gop what they wanted. krist, Dan Blather said he will get challenged in the Dem primary with that move.

Sorry, unless he makes drastic changes, and things get noticibly better, he's a long shot.

If he does get re-elected, I won't cry in my soup, b/c that means the economy got better and unemployment is down.

Unemployment will be between 8 and 9%. The economy will be marginally better. No Democrat challenger from his left will have any consequence.

If the Republican challenger is closer to the center than the far right, then Obama will win a fairly close election. If the Republican challenger is further to the right, Obama will win a landslide.

If a left of center third party candidate becomes attractive to Independents, like a Bloomberg, all bets are off. That could be a spoiler for Obama.

Otherwise, he's a shoe-in.

I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative, in spite of what you might think. And I'm a wholly against military adventurism, but that's anti-Neocon, it has nothing to do with lib or con. Many conservatives, are not into that either. That doesn't make me a dove or liberal.

Forum List

Back