Obama will win re-election in 2012 by default

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Nobody in the GOP field is breaking out - and most of them have huge negatives of their own.

People will vote for the incumbant because it is safe.

Power ofthe Incumbancy.

Worked for Nixon big-time in 1972.

You would have thought he didnt stand a chance from the anti-war protesters.

Won 49 out of 50 states.

Yeah. He's got a $1 billion in his warchest and no serious contender has gotten in the ring yet because, as you mentioned, their negatives are astronomical or they only appeal to the extreme-right, base.

Incumbants have to really suck to not win re-election - like Carter ............................

Bush Sr did not suck - not sure why he lost.........................

Nobody in the GOP field is breaking out - and most of them have huge negatives of their own.

Safe?

:lol:

GHW Bush lost to Clinton coming off approvals in the nineties. Couple that with Obama is NOT very popular, the economy is and will still be in the tank, 45,000,000+ unemployed, inflation and possible stagflation, Obamacare and record debt....

Nah, Obama is in trouble.... re: 11/02/2010

Incumbants have to really suck to not win re-election - like Carter ............................

"Read my lips... no new taxes"

That's why he lost.

Safe?

:lol:

GHW Bush lost to Clinton coming off approvals in the nineties. Couple that with Obama is NOT very popular, the economy is and will still be in the tank, 45,000,000+ unemployed, inflation and possible stagflation, Obamacare and record debt....

Nah, Obama is in trouble.... re: 11/02/2010

Ross Perot is why Bush lost. Unless there is some rediculously popular third party candidate that is going to siphon votes from Obama then that isnt a good example.

Churchill got voted out of office in 1946..........

I thought Bush Sr deserved another term........................................

Public got duped with Clinton - just like they got duped by Carter and Obama............................................

Last edited:
It's too early to say.

If unemployment stays high, then Obama is going to have difficulty. But if the Republicans nominate someone from the far right, it will be difficult for the GOP. I don't think they will, though.

Huckabee pardoned in killer in Arkansas who murdered 4 Washington st police officers...............

In order for someone to break out from the choice of candidates, there has to be a choice of candidates. Few people have announced their candidacy as of yet. And of the list I've seen, all of them are far superior to the current President and His administration.

I hear about this Daniels from Indiana - but I woulnd'tknow him if I passed by him on the street. No name recognition.

Palin, Gingrich, Romney -too many negatives...........

Pawlety????????????

Sort of short thought - about 5'7".

Short candidates don't usually do well in presidential elections.

"Read my lips... no new taxes"

That's why he lost.

That and Ross Perot talked about a balanced budget and got 18% of the popular vote IIRC.

But he is right, unless the president completely fucks up on his message and loses his base, he likely will get elected.

Republicans should focus Marco Rubio and Chris Christie on 2016. But it ain't gonna matter much when Biden wins in 2016 :tongue:

Forum List

Back