Obama: We can't screw it up any worse than they did.

Obama: We can't screw it up any worse than they did.

Probably true, but I'm not sure I'd advise that the Obama for POTUS committee use that as their campaign slogan.

Navy, check out how many filibusters the Repubs have used or threatened to use. The dems don't have the 60 votes to overide the filibuster. They are stonewalling to make it look like the dems aren't doing squat.

If I were there, I would let them filibuster and make sure it was on television every time.

They are more interesting in make the Dems look bad than in doing what is right for our country.

Why do you think they set that record ray? The reason is simple, the rules set down by the leaders in the House and Senate and we all know who they are have not allowed for amendments to be added to bills and have cut off floor debate. They majority puts up a bill for a vote and says' here vote on it or else. Thats not how we do things in this country, so is it any wonder the republicans have acted like asses as well?

"We can't screw it up any worse"

YES HE CAN .. screw things up even worse than the previous plutocrats did.

Obama's plan to widen the war in Afghanistan and further enflame Pakistan is mindless.

Where is this so-called "judgement" and "wisdom" he supposedly possesses?

Where is the so-called "change" he proports to be bringing about?

Obama is a fraud and only slightly better than the idiot McCain.

Neither of these mouthpieces for the corporate interest is the leader America needs in time of crisis.

Last edited:

Obama's plan to widen the war in Afghanistan and further enflame Pakistan is mindless.

Neither of these mouthpieces for the corporate interest is the leader America needs in time of crisis.

welcome BAC....what took you so long to make it here? lol

Care

I think you truely misunderstand what he wishes to accomplish in Afganistan.

I was wondering the same. I doubt he and I agree on many issues, but he's always fair and clear about where he's coming from. He can argue without calling people 'liar' and other mindless ways of trying to silence others. One of those on the left that can make me think and even modify my positions.

Navy, check out how many filibusters the Repubs have used or threatened to use. The dems don't have the 60 votes to overide the filibuster. They are stonewalling to make it look like the dems aren't doing squat.

If I were there, I would let them filibuster and make sure it was on television every time.

They are more interesting in make the Dems look bad than in doing what is right for our country.

You got it brother, they were all about making whips to beat the democrats with in the election.

I think you truely misunderstand what he wishes to accomplish in Afganistan.

Yes I do .. he wants to protect the corporate interests, ie; pipleine, in Afghanistan and he'll attack and go after anyone who dares resist American exceptionalism that allows us to do whatever we want irrespective of how many innocent people we mass-murder.

Make no mistake about it sister .. this is about pipelines.

Question: If Bin Laden is killed, does "terrorism" stop?

If he was really smart, he's follow the lead of the Rand Corporation on terrorism .. which says it is best fought by law enforcement.

I was wondering the same. I doubt he and I agree on many issues, but he's always fair and clear about where he's coming from. He can argue without calling people 'liar' and other mindless ways of trying to silence others. One of those on the left that can make me think and even modify my positions.

Obama being clear depends on the time of day and the audience.

He's flipped on literally everything he said during the primaries and now runs strickly as a plutocrat.

Judgment:

It is good judgment to set positive goals to works towards such as getting country onto sustainables in the next ten years and create 5 million jobs in the process, as opposed to governing through negative means like fear.

It is good judgment to speak in unifying and uplifting language rather than divisive language.

It is good judgment to pick a vp that can lead.

It is good judgment to work with allies towards common goals in multilateral ways rather than to bluster unilaterally about iran or russia etc.

Change:

One big piece of change obama brings is to energize and bring young people in droves into the scene. That's not a little thing. Another change is that he is more dedicated to getting us off oil, iow sustainable, much sooner. McCain's plan allows us to stay on oil through his entire administration and beyond, obama has set a timeline goal to be completely off foreign oil.

Another change is that obama has repeatedly shown is his leadership style - he relies much more heavily on taking into account a variety of input from diverse advisors, unlike bush who only took yes men to support his pre-made decisions and also unlike mccain who touts his personal experience and knowledge ie he paints himself as someone who knows the answers (doesn't say much about gathering input from experts.)

You got it brother, they were all about making whips to beat the democrats with in the election.

WASHINGTON - Democrat Barack Obama said Monday that as president he would send at least two more combat brigades to Afghanistan, where U.S. soldiers face rising violence and endured their deadliest attack in three years on Sunday.

The proposed force increase — about 7,000 troops — is part of Obama's plan to pull combat troops out of Iraq and focus on the growing threat from a resurgent al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

"As president, I would pursue a new strategy, and begin by providing at least two additional combat brigades to support our effort in Afghanistan," Obama said in an op-ed published Monday in The New York Times, a day before he plans a speech here on his vision for Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama plans to put more boots on the ground in Afghanistan and has ALWAYS tied the efforts there to his campaign drum beat of not supporting the war in Iraq. Okay everyone knows he didn't support the war in Iraq, unlike the rest of the suddenly forgetful democrats who did. However, I would hardly call this a plan other than his desire to go after Bin Ladin and to tell Pakistan that he would persue them cross border like the Bush Administration. The policy in that region would be a disaster of epic proportions, and I rather doubt he will be able to follow though with this anyway when he get's his first NSA brief. As for Iraq, his plan is constanly being modified and is at this moment set to end the conflict by 2010. His plans to use the funds saved from Iraq is a joke too, shall we look at it? Let's say all US forces are gone from Iraq by 2010 and half of those have redeployed into Afghanistan. Then money needed to field those troops to Afghanistan will go with them and the costs for the other will not show up in the budget till the following year. so in 2011 when the 2012 budget is proposed then Obama will realize his supossed savings at the end of is alleged first term, yet people still buy into the Change message.

As for congress, yes the republicans has held up congress just as much as the democrats have and as I mentioned above, when you put up bills with no opportunity for emendments, no committee oversight, submitted in the middle of the night, and cut off debate on those bills. It does not surprise me at all.

Why do you think they set that record ray? The reason is simple, the rules set down by the leaders in the House and Senate and we all know who they are have not allowed for amendments to be added to bills and have cut off floor debate. They majority puts up a bill for a vote and says' here vote on it or else. Thats not how we do things in this country, so is it any wonder the republicans have acted like asses as well?
it is how it has been done previous to dems though! so were the democrats under republican rule, where bills were jammed down their throats with no amendments allowed or with a 600 page bill introduced a day ahead of ther vote or a 15 minute vote opened for 3 hours to change peoples vote like the pill bill etc for 6 solid years, wrong to not filibuster every item of the repubs?

dems were called obstructionists for less than a handful of filibusters in 6 years time, by republicans?

i don't see a problem with the repub filibusters, though they are extremely excessive imo, the filibuster is in the senate rules....

but repubs won't get my pity over this...they allowed NOTHING when they ruled the senate/house and even LOCKED democratic committee members out of their own committee conferences, like on the pill bill, where the repubs let PHARMA lobbyists in to the room....

come to think of it, ;)dems were very complicit with the majority and i wish they did to the repubs what the repubs have done to them and filibustered all....but dems in general are political cowards with that kind of stuff...

anyway....didn't know if you were aware of how things were when repubs controlled all....

WASHINGTON - Democrat Barack Obama said Monday that as president he would send at least two more combat brigades to Afghanistan, where U.S. soldiers face rising violence and endured their deadliest attack in three years on Sunday.

The proposed force increase — about 7,000 troops — is part of Obama's plan to pull combat troops out of Iraq and focus on the growing threat from a resurgent al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

"As president, I would pursue a new strategy, and begin by providing at least two additional combat brigades to support our effort in Afghanistan," Obama said in an op-ed published Monday in The New York Times, a day before he plans a speech here on his vision for Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama plans to put more boots on the ground in Afghanistan and has ALWAYS tied the efforts there to his campaign drum beat of not supporting the war in Iraq. Okay everyone knows he didn't support the war in Iraq, unlike the rest of the suddenly forgetful democrats who did. However, I would hardly call this a plan other than his desire to go after Bin Ladin and to tell Pakistan that he would persue them cross border like the Bush Administration. The policy in that region would be a disaster of epic proportions, and I rather doubt he will be able to follow though with this anyway when he get's his first NSA brief. As for Iraq, his plan is constanly being modified and is at this moment set to end the conflict by 2010. His plans to use the funds saved from Iraq is a joke too, shall we look at it? Let's say all US forces are gone from Iraq by 2010 and half of those have redeployed into Afghanistan. Then money needed to field those troops to Afghanistan will go with them and the costs for the other will not show up in the budget till the following year. so in 2011 when the 2012 budget is proposed then Obama will realize his supossed savings at the end of is alleged first term, yet people still buy into the Change message.

As for congress, yes the republicans has held up congress just as much as the democrats have and as I mentioned above, when you put up bills with no opportunity for emendments, no committee oversight, submitted in the middle of the night, and cut off debate on those bills. It does not surprise me at all.

The way out of Iraq leads us through Afganistan.

it is how it has been done previous to dems though! so were the democrats under republican rule, where bills were jammed down their throats with no amendments allowed or with a 600 page bill introduced a day ahead of ther vote or a 15 minute vote opened for 3 hours to change peoples vote like the pill bill etc for 6 solid years, wrong to not filibuster every item of the repubs?

dems were called obstructionists for less than a handful of filibusters in 6 years time, by republicans?

i don't see a problem with the repub filibusters, though they are extremely excessive imo, the filibuster is in the senate rules....

but repubs won't get my pity over this...they allowed NOTHING when they ruled the senate/house and even LOCKED democratic committee members out of their own committee conferences, like on the pill bill, where the repubs let PHARMA lobbyists in to the room....

come to think of it, ;)dems were very complicit with the majority and i wish they did to the repubs what the repubs have done to them and filibustered all....but dems in general are political cowards with that kind of stuff...

anyway....didn't know if you were aware of how things were when repubs controlled all....

They dont have the numbers that the Rs did.

Im not trying to defend everything they do Care but their options are very limmited.

Do they spend months cobbling together enough Rs to join them in a piece of legislation only to have Bush Veto it OR do they try to get done what they know they can get done.

who would you hire ?

the employee who does what they can or spends time in futile efforts?

Judgment:

It is good judgment to set positive goals to works towards such as getting country onto sustainables in the next ten years and create 5 million jobs in the process, as opposed to governing through negative means like fear.

It is good judgment to speak in unifying and uplifting language rather than divisive language.

It is good judgment to pick a vp that can lead.

It is good judgment to work with allies towards common goals in multilateral ways rather than to bluster unilaterally about iran or russia etc.

Change:

One big piece of change obama brings is to energize and bring young people in droves into the scene. That's not a little thing. Another change is that he is more dedicated to getting us off oil, iow sustainable, much sooner. McCain's plan allows us to stay on oil through his entire administration and beyond, obama has set a timeline goal to be completely off foreign oil.

Another change is that obama has repeatedly shown is his leadership style - he relies much more heavily on taking into account a variety of input from diverse advisors, unlike bush who only took yes men to support his pre-made decisions and also unlike mccain who touts his personal experience and knowledge ie he paints himself as someone who knows the answers (doesn't say much about gathering input from experts.)

Let's take a look at that so called 5 million "green jobs" lie shall we. Obama has many under the mistaken impression that our country will create millions of new jobs in green technologies by this conversion to wind, solar, bio-fuels, hybrid and electric technologies for transportation. Never mind the fact that the U.S. is no where near the largest producer of solar cells, lithium-ion batteries, hybrid technology , or for that matter any of the current technologies that are so called "green technologies". So we convert to a energy grid based on wind and solar, if anyone has a clue as to how long that would take and how many solar cells and wind generators it would even take to do something like that they would laugh. We could perhaps power 20% of our nations energy needs with wind and solar according to the D.O.E. using current technologies and the development and implementaion timesfor such technologies is traditionally 15 to 25 years. Are you willing to keep sending billions to terrorists sponsoring states for the next 25 years? I'm not, Obama say's he is for nuclear power yet he is against nuclear storage but wants to find a safe way to store it and has claimed we don't have that ability yet. This country has the ability with natural gas and coal, and Nuclear power to be completely energy independant in 10 years if given the chance to do so, however the democrats "change" candidate" who has voted party lines over 96% of the time will keep this country dependant on foreign oil for another 25 years all in the name of his "green technology" This is NOT good judgement it is shortshighted partisan lip service that is no different than whats been fed this country for years.

Care I am very aware of those do-nothing knuckle heads, to me it's this partisanship thats hurt this country and republicans are as bad as the democrats at it.

Care I am very aware of those do-nothing knuckle heads, to me it's this partisanship thats hurt this country and republicans are as bad as the democrats at it.

Don't be argumentative and divisive---it's all the Rebuplicans doing. They did it all by themselves. :cool:

Don't be argumentative and divisive---it's all the Rebuplicans doing. They did it all by themselves. :cool:

You know dillo , it really is disappointing that people are so blinded by their party that they cannot even admit that their party has some dipshits in it. I know my party sure does, the republicans have had their fair share of them. I just cannot understand how someone can say I'm for change in Washington when they are from Washington, I find that funny no matter who the hell is saying it.

Forum List

Back