Obama: We can't screw it up any worse than they did.

Wanna bet?

But if things get worse they'll blame the Bush admin. Remember it's always the other party's fault. That might save the 2010 election for the Dems but if its a Obama / Democratic Congress and things don't turn around by 2012 the Repubs might sneek back in (provided they don't nominate an idiot)

the market is 6 - 9 months ahead of the economy....so last week's market turbulance really hasn't hit us yet, other than on paper.... it ain't gonna be pretty when it hits us....

but i do tend to agree that we need a party change in washington and the dems deserve a shot....they honestly can't be much worse than repubs were imho.... :(

But if things get worse they'll blame the Bush admin. Remember it's always the other party's fault. That might save the 2010 election for the Dems but if its a Obama / Democratic Congress and things don't turn around by 2012 the Repubs might sneek back in (provided they don't nominate an idiot)

ahahahahahahahahaha

have you not heard the republicans scrambling to blame this mess on the people out of power for years?

Its the republicans who NEVER accept the responsibility for what they have done.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but have the democrats not been in control of both houses of congress for the last two years? This assertion that things will get better if we are in charge is hogwash. If the last two years are any indication of the way in which the democrats will run the country if they control the White House as well, when you have partisan rankor, in both houses the ability to cut off amendments to bills, and bills submitted in the middle of the night that only the speaker has read. It makes me laugh to hear people sit back and call this change, you want change. vote for anyone that HAS NOT been there before. Otherwise your going to get the same exact thing you have had for the last 30 years except in a different package. Your going to get a government that represents fully 51.% of the people that elected it in it's true form to the exclusion of the other 49%. Change my ass, this is not change, change would imply something new, let's face it there is not one thing that is new that the democrat or the republican candidate will be bringing to Washington. If you think so, then you have spent way to much time watch comercials and too little time reading the facts.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but have the democrats not been in control of both houses of congress for the last two years? This assertion that things will get better if we are in charge is hogwash. If the last two years are any indication of the way in which the democrats will run the country if they control the White House as well, when you have partisan rankor, in both houses the ability to cut off amendments to bills, and bills submitted in the middle of the night that only the speaker has read. It makes me laugh to hear people sit back and call this change, you want change. vote for anyone that HAS NOT been there before. Otherwise your going to get the same exact thing you have had for the last 30 years except in a different package. Your going to get a government that represents fully 51.% of the people that elected it in it's true form to the exclusion of the other 49%. Change my ass, this is not change, change would imply something new, let's face it there is not one thing that is new that the democrat or the republican candidate will be bringing to Washington. If you think so, then you have spent way to much time watch comercials and too little time reading the facts.

since jan 07

ahahahahahahahahaha

have you not heard the republicans scrambling to blame this mess on the people out of power for years?

Its the republicans who NEVER accept the responsibility for what they have done.

Did I say the Repubs aren't doing the same thing? That they're the saviors of the nation like your precious Democrats?:lol:

Don't worry the Republicans party is full of idiots and don't have the balls to actually do anything to challenge the "party of the people". They'll just keep trying to say the same rhetoric as the libs but try appeal the fundies at the same time.

Last edited:
Excuse me Care I was 2 months and three weeks short. I'm sorry Care I have very little faith in a govt. dominated by one single party be in republican or democrat. As a matter of fact if the current congress is any indication of a comming democratic CYA at all costs public servants. Then I honestly hope that all the people in this country have something to fall back on for th next 4 years because it's going to be a very rough ride.

Dude its going to be a rough ride for a couple of years anyway.

This current admin screwed the pooch big time.

This is now a world wide crisis and the world pretty much blames Bush for this mess.

It aint going to just get better with the congress pulling in the purse strings.

Go read up on the great depression if you wnat to know what its going to be like.

You can minus out the effects of the dust bowl portion and get an idea.

ahahahahahahahahaha

I think you are confused.... I have never heard a liberal say their party was at fault... Me, a conservative, knows the Republicans screwed up... You know why.... Because their policies became more liberal.... This country won't get better until we lower taxes and stop spending.... and fact is Republicans did not cut spending when they were in power... now that Dems are in power there is no way in hell spending will get cut...

Excuse me Care I was 2 months and three weeks short. I'm sorry Care I have very little faith in a govt. dominated by one single party be in republican or democrat. As a matter of fact if the current congress is any indication of a comming democratic CYA at all costs public servants. Then I honestly hope that all the people in this country have something to fall back on for th next 4 years because it's going to be a very rough ride.
i don't disagree that a rough road is coming or that the 2 party system stinks... the bailout showed some true colors of both parties for me...a real eye opener...

Did I say the Repubs aren't doing the same thing? That they're the saviors of the nation like your precious Democrats?:lol:

Don't worry the Republicans party is full of idiots and don't have the balls to actually do anything to challenge the "party of the people". They'll just keep trying to say the same rhetoric as the libs but try appeal the fundies at the same time.

Oh and only you know the true path huh?

give us all a break great pumpkin.

i don't disagree that a rough road is coming or that the 2 party system stinks... the bailout showed some true colors of both parties for me...a real eye opener...

Note the world is now doing the same to their markets?

its easy to be against the bailout but this admin pushed the world into a corner with their lack of action.

Its the best plan in a totally screwed up set of cersumstances.

It aint perfect but its just about all we had left to try and put the breaks on.

That is why the market is up 400 plus today.

I think you are confused.... I have never heard a liberal say their party was at fault... Me, a conservative, knows the Republicans screwed up... You know why.... Because their policies became more liberal.... This country won't get better until we lower taxes and stop spending.... and fact is Republicans did not cut spending when they were in power... now that Dems are in power there is no way in hell spending will get cut...

Deregulation and protracted wars are all your teams favorites buddy.

That is what has put us in this mess.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but have the democrats not been in control of both houses of congress for the last two years?

Navy, check out how many filibusters the Repubs have used or threatened to use. The dems don't have the 60 votes to overide the filibuster. They are stonewalling to make it look like the dems aren't doing squat.

If I were there, I would let them filibuster and make sure it was on television every time.

They are more interesting in make the Dems look bad than in doing what is right for our country.

Republicans set a new record for filibusters. They didn't just break the record, they are destroying it with their constant foot-dragging.

There have been 72 filibusters so far, beating the old record of 68. But 110th Congress is not even half over. Republicans are on track to more than double the old record, an accomplishment of delay and obstruction unparalleled any time in history.

This is the most underreported story in Washington. President Bush complains that Congress isn't doing their job, yet it's his allies in the Senate who are gumming up the works.

You know, I'm mad at my party and the democratic party equally for absolving their responsibilities in congress and in the White House. I think it is not only a narrow view to blame one single administration for our current situation but also very partisan. While I agree that we are in for a rough ride regardless, to walk around wide-eyed with this love and hope that Obama is somehow going to bring change to Washington when his campaign his run by Washington insiders is a complete joke. Let's not forget the fact he is a U.S. Senator so how is a man who a Washington insider going to bring change to Washington when his own record shows him as a highly partisan democrat. McCain is not different, he has been in Wahsington forever and a day and for him to make this claim is just as laughable. The difference here is I am willing to admit my party has dropped the ball and am willing to seek alternatives and drop the pretense of this partisan, MY TEAM is better than YOUR team bullshit that has ruined this country in the last 20 years. Sadly, I don't think the democrats are.

Forum List

Back