Obama was wrong - 14,000 people do not lose Health Insurance every day

Wow.......Just wow.

You have a right to peruse it....Not force others to give it to you.

I was referring to the pursuit of happiness, and the liberty part. He already mentioned the life part. Stop trying to misquote me.

Last edited:
I was referring to the pursuit of happiness, and the liberty part. He already mentioned the life part. Stop trying to misquote me.
You're taking the passage out of context and twisting it to fit your authoritarian politics.

My right to liberty includes my being free from you forcing me to pay -at gunpoint if necessary- for the benefits and services another receives.

You're taking the passage out of context and twisting it to fit your authoritarian politics.

My right to liberty includes my being free from you forcing me to pay -at gunpoint if necessary- for the benefits and services another receives.

Again, you're misquoting me, and ASSUME I'm talking about Health Care. I'm talking about in general.

All i know is all the bitching and moaning got the health care fiasco they were trying to pull pushed back.

We may actually have time to examine this one before making it a law.....no speed readers for the first time with this admin.

Again, you're misquoting me, and ASSUME I'm talking about Health Care. I'm talking about in general.
Huh???...You said something about ASSUMING???

Health care is merely the current example.....The concept cuts across all contexts in general.

Jack Layton is a Canadian leader of the New Democratic Party,a very liberal party and here he is praising Canada's healthcare.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u8n3pZBd5A]YouTube - Jack Layton: Defending Canadian health care[/ame]
Yet on his very website,he has this.

And today, five million Canadians do not have a family doctor. One million patients are on waiting lists for care.

Hiring More Doctors and Nurses and Renewing Health Care | NDP
Now which is it,is it great or does it suck?

COBRA makes a limited kind of sens for those who've made enough to pay for it while unemployed.

Not a clue what percentage of workers losing their jobs pay for COBRA, but I'm betting its a very small percentage of all those who lose their jobs.

Health care saving plans?

Are you serious?

Who the fuck makes enough money to save for that heart attack or major health problem that sooner or later we all experience?

Maybe pne out of a thousand people?

Two years ago, my wife had a stint put in her heart. Had I not had very good insurance, all the property that I have aquired, and intend to use to buy my home to retire to, would be gone.

Over twenty years ago, within a period of ten months, my wife had two major operations, and my daughter had major orthodontal surgery. I had a Health Care plan that paid 80%. It took me six years, and the remortgage of one property to pay off the 20%.

Our present health care system is designed to move wealth from the middle class and working poor to the wealthy. And, sadly, that is all too much the story of our present economic system. We are rewarding the parasites.

LOL. That issue was settled in the Whiskey Rebelion.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to
ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the
United States of America.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.txt

But don't you know? Government never does anything right! Except when they want something done though. :eusa_whistle:

Which is also why I always found it hilarious when Ronald Reagan said "Government is not part of the solution, Government is part of the problem." Then he went ahead, got elected, and proved it. :lol:

The point is that nobody is entitled to insurance any more than they are to a company car or paid vacation.

Not in this nation. But we are going to change that. And you will help pay for it.:lol:
And that's what it's really all about, isn't it....Getting someone else to pay your freight.

Not every day you can get a looter to admit it.

Reading for comprehension really isn't your strong suit, is it.

That says promote, not provide.

COBRA makes a limited kind of sens for those who've made enough to pay for it while unemployed.

Not a clue what percentage of workers losing their jobs pay for COBRA, but I'm betting its a very small percentage of all those who lose their jobs.

Health care saving plans?

Are you serious?

Who the fuck makes enough money to save for that heart attack or major health problem that sooner or later we all experience?

Maybe pne out of a thousand people?
Very few people can pay for homes, cars, and education out-of-pocket either...So what??

So we are the only industrial nation that has hundreds of thousands of people going bankrupt every year because of medical bills.

Only in America: Medical Bankruptcy & Homelessness - PNHP’s official Blog

Only in America: Medical Bankruptcy & Homelessness
Posted by DrSteveB on Thursday, Jul 2, 2009
I just returned from the annual conference of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council, where the link between medical bankruptcy and homelessness was made more clear than ever.

Which raises the question: Will the health reform we get end the “Only in America” phenomenon of medical bankruptcy? Just asking….

I am not usually the one to write about individual horror stories. I will have my usual statistics and facts later in this diary. But one speaker’s story summed up so much of what is wrong Only in America.

Let me tell you the story of Joe Benson:

Mr. Joseph Benson (.pdf) is from Houston, Texas. When I met him for the first time last Wednesday he was wearing cowboy gear including the hat, which covered his long braided hair. He had a huge smile on his face and is a magnetic speaker; here is the story he told us: He was the first in his family to go to and complete college. After his BA, he went on and got professional chef’s training, and worked his way up in that industry, working in various restaurants and becoming a head chef. He saved money, moved back to Houston to help care of his parents and start his own family. He built up a custom catering business, and was now the boss, employing 25 other people.

He had a wife and two children, and was putting money away for their college funds. He had health insurance and auto insurance and his own home.

Surely this was the living embodiment of the “Only in America” all-American dream.

However, one night, on the way home from a catering job, he had an automobile accident, running head on into a commercial flatbed truck. The other truck was parked and loading scrap from a junk yard, and was jutting out into the road without it lights or blinkers on.

He survived but was in the hospital for almost a year.

Did I mention that when I met him, in addition to the cowboy outfit and smile, he was in a wheelchair with no legs, both amputated high above the knee?

The medical bills quickly blew past what his insurance would cover. The owner and driver of the other truck did not have insurance, like 10-20% of vehicle owners despite the mandate to buy auto insurance, so Mr. Benson and his insurance company were unable to go after that source.

He lost his business.
His employees lost their jobs (and presumably their families suffered).
He and his family lost their house.
He and his family lost the kids college fund.
He lost his family.

When he was finally discharged from the hospital, it was to the street.

Reading for comprehension really isn't your strong suit, is it.

That says promote, not provide.

For the record, the word promote can mean several things. :lol:

Like for one example, here's one definition of it:

To contribute to the progress or growth of; further. See Synonyms at advance.

So therefore shouldn't they be contributing to improvement of general welfare?

Last edited:
But don't you know? Government never does anything right! Except when they want something done though. :eusa_whistle:

Which is also why I always found it hilarious when Ronald Reagan said "Government is not part of the solution, Government is part of the problem." Then he went ahead, got elected, and proved it. :lol:
You really ought to be more careful about stealing the words of others and attributing them to yourself.

As soon as you can name the federal program that has delivered what it promised for what it was projected to cost, I'm all ears.....But you can't.

The point is that nobody is entitled to insurance any more than they are to a company car or paid vacation.

Not in this nation. But we are going to change that. And you will help pay for it.:lol:
And that's what it's really all about, isn't it....Getting someone else to pay your freight.

Not every day you can get a looter to admit it.

I see. The pilot of that F-15 over your head is a looter? The person working for the Forest Service fight fires is a looter? People drawing Social Security are looters? You are worthy of the 'birther' ranks.

You really ought to be more careful about stealing the words of others and attributing them to yourself.

As soon as you can name the federal program that has delivered what it promised for what it was projected to cost, I'm all ears.....But you can't.

Social Security is an excellant program. As far as projected costs go, lets just cancel all military equipment, as that is the worst offender in this realm. How well can you speak Chinese?

Really Dude? Show me where I attributed them to myself? I was merely stating my opinion with a phrase that I had attributed to P.J before I changed my signature. Also, I didn't know anyone had an ownership of words. Is it the Government? If so, Communism! :eek:

Oh, Oh, I got one! The Post Office! :lol:

Social Security is an excellant program. As far as projected costs go, lets just cancel all military equipment, as that is the worst offender in this realm. How well can you speak Chinese?

Murphy's Law of Combat: "Never forget that your weapon was manufactured by the lowest bidder"

:lol:

Oh, and before Dude cries and tries to say I "stole" someone else's words again.

Witty Quotes Haven - Army Quotes

Forum List

Back