Obama Wants Calorie Info Posted on Vending Machines

Yeah, ya really think so? Fat people are costing me money. Every year my insurance premiums go up I think of people who can't stop eating crap that makes them fat. It effects everyone's insurance costs..Weren't you bitching about your tax dollars supporting freeloaders? Well, it's the same damn thing.

Educating consumers is the first step.

O'course, we need to make decent food affordable and available to everyone and that's not going to happen.

I actually had a fairly recent experience where I was stuck eating vending machine shit or nothing at all. The worst was that it was in a hospital, of all places. No other choices so it would have been nice to read which of the packaged garbage had the fewest amount of shit in it.

The people who are against this are fatsos and don't want to admit they shove this crap into their gob every day.
Food has never been as affordable as it is now.
"We" don't need to make anything available to anyone. "We" need to take responsibility for our own health and let the gov't et. al. fuck off. If you dont know that eating a dozen chocolate bars a day is really bad for you then you are probably too stupid to live.

I eat very healthy foods. My snacks are various nuts. So I'm doing my part.
But as we all know, we have to pay for other's inability to control themselves. As I pointed out, obesity contributes more the rise in healthcare than even smoking, The US has the highest cost for healthcare in the world by leaps and bounds. Economists say the our country's economy can't sustain the continued rise in the cost of healthcare.
But we should turn a blind eye to those who are driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone? They are taking money out of your wallet, they are taking money out of my wallet. But that's OK.

Educating consumers is the first step.

O'course, we need to make decent food affordable and available to everyone and that's not going to happen.

I actually had a fairly recent experience where I was stuck eating vending machine shit or nothing at all. The worst was that it was in a hospital, of all places. No other choices so it would have been nice to read which of the packaged garbage had the fewest amount of shit in it.

The people who are against this are fatsos and don't want to admit they shove this crap into their gob every day.
"We" don't need to make anything available to anyone. "We" need to take responsibility for our own health and let the gov't et. al. fuck off. If you dont know that eating a dozen chocolate bars a day is really bad for you then you are probably too stupid to live.

But as we all know, we have to pay for other's inability to control themselves. As I pointed out, obesity contributes more the rise in healthcare than even smoking, The US has the highest cost for healthcare in the world by leaps and bounds. Economists say the our country's economy can't sustain the continued rise in the cost of healthcare.
But we should turn a blind eye to those who are driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone? They are taking money out of your wallet, they are taking money out of my wallet. But that's OK.

There are plenty of thin in-shape people who buy food from vending machines. It is hardly reasonable to tax them because some fat oaf can't keep his hands off. Besides, now they have Obamacare so you're not paying for anything.

welcome to ObamaCare

Snip:
By Julie S | Dec 29, 2013 04:40 PM EST
icon
icon

People should expect to see the calorie information posted on five million vending machines nationwide in 2014. (Photo : Reuters)

People should expect to see the calorie information posted on five million vending machines nationwide in 2014.

As part of the changes on U.S President Barack Obama updated health care law, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will start requiring vending machines to display calorie information which will aid consumers to make healthier food choices.

Office workers looking for snacks will be counting not only their change but also the number of calories found in their purchases. The final rules on the new labeling regulations meant for vending machines are scheduled to be released early next year.

The new ruling has estimated that it will initially cost the vending machine industry the amount of $25.8 million and an additional $24 million every year onwards. However, it will also make .02 percent of obese adults consume 100 lesser calories every week which will bring huge savings to the health care system

The rules will be applicable to around 10,800 companies that are operating 20 or even more of these vending machines. Almost 75 percent of such companies employ three or fewer workers.

Eric Dell, vice president of National Automatic Merchandising Association, told the Daily Herald that the new ruling will not be easy to roll out. Initially investing $2,400 with an additional $2,200 spending in every year for the calorie information posters does not entail a return on investment.

all of it here
Obama Wants Calorie Info Posted on Vending Machines : News : Headlines & Global News

Cool. Anything that results in more eye candy for me is a good thing. :)

Actually, what they should do is use a red-yellow-green light system. Sodas and potato chips being a red light item, fruits and veggies a green light, and things with good n bad yellow light items. Numbers will mean different things to different people, but a system everyone's familar with would be more effective.

There are plenty of thin in-shape people who buy food from vending machines. It is hardly reasonable to tax them because some fat oaf can't keep his hands off. Besides, now they have Obamacare so you're not paying for anything.

"thin, in-shape" does not mean healthy.

You'll also see people who actually believe that an occasional McDonald's "meal" is okay. Its not.

Be that as it may, the question is whether or not we should be able to see what is in our "food" before we pay for it. I believe we should have that choice. Those who disagree don't have to read.

You'll also see people who actually believe that an occasional McDonald's "meal" is okay. Its not.

Be that as it may, the question is whether or not we should be able to see what is in our "food" before we pay for it. I believe we should have that choice. Those who disagree don't have to read.

So the vending companies should have to pay millions of dollars because possibly 6% of the people want to know what junk is in junk food??

thats-real-retarded-sir.jpg

So the vending companies should have to pay millions of dollars because possibly 6% of the people want to know what junk is in junk food??

"Millions of dollars"? To print stickers?

I know a guy...

Last edited:

I know a guy...

Do you know how many machines there are? And every time they change stock in the machine, new stickers. Sticker printing isn't exactly cheap, either.

Regulation and more regulation...**headdesk**

If it moves, they tax it. I it keeps movin, they regulate it. If it stops moving, they subsidize it. If they subsidize it, the country gets in more debt and I die a little inside

Actually, what they should do is use a red-yellow-green light system. Sodas and potato chips being a red light item, fruits and veggies a green light, and things with good n bad yellow light items. Numbers will mean different things to different people, but a system everyone's familar with would be more effective.

Not good enough.

What if the question is a peanut allergy?

What if I just don't want that many carbs or fat or calories or eating fill in the blank is against my religion ... ?

What if I just want to know what I'm buying?

Why are so many against knowledge?

Regulation and more regulation...**headdesk**

If it moves, they tax it. I it keeps movin, they regulate it. If it stops moving, they subsidize it. If they subsidize it, the country gets in more debt and I die a little inside

Better to just bend over, huh?

I know a guy...

Do you know how many machines there are? And every time they change stock in the machine, new stickers. Sticker printing isn't exactly cheap, either.

It's not done that way. You'd make a master sticker that covers everything, and if a given product is not present in the machine at the time you simply pay no attention to that part of it. Just as if you don't care about the info on the label, you simply don't bother to read it. And yes, it's cheap. We're not talking Vistaprint.

It could also be worked into the electronic display that tells you what the price is and how much change you've put in. That's no expense at all.

Last edited:
Man, this place has strict regs but people at rude. At Leadt on PF and PA they were kinda nice..

Lets out it like this, regulation=poor economy taxes=poor economy poor economy=more spending more spending=debt debt=poor America poor America= me move to live with Swiss

I know a guy...

It's not done that way. You'd make a master sticker that covers everything, and if a given product is not present in the machine at the time you simply pay no attention to that part of it. Just as if you don't care about the info on the label, you simply don't bother to read it. And yes, it's cheap. We're not talking Vistaprint.

It could also be worked into the electronic display that tells you what the price is and how much change you've put in. That's no expense at all.

And what happens when they add a product that's not on the old sticker? You guessed it, new sticker time.

As far as the electronic thing, are people just supposed to wait while the info is scrolling? That'll go over well if someone else is waiting to buy a candy bar.

And what happens when they add a product that's not on the old sticker? You guessed it, new sticker time.

As far as the electronic thing, are people just supposed to wait while the info is scrolling? That'll go over well if someone else is waiting to buy a candy bar.

Yeah, could be the end of civilization as we know it. Good point.

Yeah, could be the end of civilization as we know it. Good point.

Actually, I was thinking of people shoving others out of the way because they are wasting their time. Granted it won't be as bad as a WalMart on Black Friday, or the Knockout Game, but it will happen.

Yeah thin in shape people are known for being unhealthy. In Bangladesh.
An occasional McD's is fine. There is no evidence otherwise. But even so, what business is it of yours what someone sticks in his mouth? Yeah,none.
You have the choice. Every piece of food in America comes with a label saying what's in it. If it really bothers you then dont eat out of vending machines at all. Pack fruit, nuts, bean sprouts or wahtever other crap you want.

Orrrr people can just use common sense.

:rolleyes:

welcome to ObamaCare

Snip:
By Julie S | Dec 29, 2013 04:40 PM EST
icon
icon

People should expect to see the calorie information posted on five million vending machines nationwide in 2014. (Photo : Reuters)

People should expect to see the calorie information posted on five million vending machines nationwide in 2014.

As part of the changes on U.S President Barack Obama updated health care law, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will start requiring vending machines to display calorie information which will aid consumers to make healthier food choices.

Office workers looking for snacks will be counting not only their change but also the number of calories found in their purchases. The final rules on the new labeling regulations meant for vending machines are scheduled to be released early next year.

The new ruling has estimated that it will initially cost the vending machine industry the amount of $25.8 million and an additional $24 million every year onwards. However, it will also make .02 percent of obese adults consume 100 lesser calories every week which will bring huge savings to the health care system

The rules will be applicable to around 10,800 companies that are operating 20 or even more of these vending machines. Almost 75 percent of such companies employ three or fewer workers.

Eric Dell, vice president of National Automatic Merchandising Association, told the Daily Herald that the new ruling will not be easy to roll out. Initially investing $2,400 with an additional $2,200 spending in every year for the calorie information posters does not entail a return on investment.

all of it here
Obama Wants Calorie Info Posted on Vending Machines : News : Headlines & Global News

Cool. Anything that results in more eye candy for me is a good thing. :)

Obese person cuts 100 cals/week will lose 1 lb in 35 weeks.

Sorry, eye candy is in the next aisle over.

Forum List

Back